• Yes +75% damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes +100% damage

• Yes, even more damage

• Total voters

darkloor

Cocobo, some other tf2 gamers, and I, have noticed that stock shotgun and panic attack (not engineer's version) is in our view a little underwhelming in the damage department. At point blank (which gives +50% damage from ramp up), landing a perfect meat shot does ~147 damage. At normal mid range with no ramp up or damage fall off, realistically you will be doing anywhere between 50 to 85 damage per shot, because not every shotgun pellet is going to connect, and that is assuming decent aim.

We think it could use a pretty serious buff, maybe even anywhere from +50% or even +100% damage so that it is at least doing 100 damage per shot at normal range. It would be cool to see a shake up in the meta, as people don't really use shotguns besides for the memes (completely valid reason).

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
I don't think the shotguns need a major damage buff. The main issues I have with them are their range and similarity to each other. I'd trade their +1 clip size for more bullets per shot and a small spread reduction. That'd give them more coverage and more bullets = more damage anyways.

As for similarity: I think it'd be nice if the uniques' vanilla roles were expanded (e.g the Panic Attack's fire rate could depend on your health), and minor class-specific stat mods were added (e.g Pyro's shotguns could have a small bonus vs burning targets). Small buffs, but nonetheless.