Closed A bot that records every JB match.

Add a bot that records everymatch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some people just don't know how to record a demo or how to use the forum or barely do stuff. So I suggest that JB should have somekind of nightbot or some sort to record EVERY MATCH (except when the server is empty or less than 6 players)

Midnight

TF2 Admin
The idea is fine, but you'd need a place to store all the demos then you'd need admins to find where an incident happened. The only "time" in demos are tick numbers, not actual minutes/seconds so you can't just say around some time then have someone enter it. So if you can find a place to store all the demos and find people who want to do nothing but watch a jb recording. Also, you can have a demo sure, but the most you get out of it is console logs. I don't think a bot would be able to spectate the right place at the right time so you'd have to heavily depend on console logs and make your judgment off that.

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
Great idea in theory, but the work it would take to get something like that working and then having that integrated into the 'public servant' process would be a not so smooth transition. Ontop of that you got the issue with where to actually store all this information aswell as how to make that accessible to report handlers.

Fluquor

Queen of Ice
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Considering there's only 3 report handlers now... like what others have said, storage and knowing where so and so event occurred would be too difficult to locate. Could in theory ask people to calculate the exact ticks if the recording starts at so and so time every day, but that's just more effort than submitting a demo.

Nazuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
It's technically possible, and many of the issues I ran into during testing have mostly been sorted out.
I have just not invested any more time after that to finalize things like making them available for report handlers or whatnot because:
  1. Many players fail to report a time frame accurate enough for us to locate the correct demo anyways.
  2. The demo viewer is absolute garbage:
    There doesn't seem to be any way to mark events visibly in the demo.
    Can't rewind efficiently.
  3. For the above reason, going through a demo finding the correct bits for a round that could last upwards of 10 minutes would be far too inefficient for a human handled process.
That's not to say that it doesn't have uses in certain rare cases, but I haven't deemed it necessary at this time for various reasons.

There's no other way to prevent people from freekilling. The beacon is useless because people always rejoin after they got beaconed. ;-;

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
There's no other way to prevent people from freekilling. The beacon is useless because people always rejoin after they got beaconed. ;-;
How the hell does this fix the freekill problem exactly? People are gonna freekill at the exact same rate anyway, why put so much effort into it.

How the hell does this fix the freekill problem exactly? People are gonna freekill at the exact same rate anyway, why put so much effort into it.
What about if a blue kills more than half of the red teams 5 times in a row they get the bean and if the blue is the warden, he get's the ultra bean. Or just make the bot starts recording once someone is beaconed until the 5th round.

Lokiano

What about if a blue kills more than half of the red teams 5 times in a row they get the bean and if the blue is the warden, he get's the ultra bean. Or just make the bot starts recording once someone is beaconed until the 5th round.
Blues can kill more than half of the red team if they all didnt follow the order.