A little too harsh on mod apps

Nachös

Recognized Member
Guys seriously,Do you ever read what you type on mod apps especially when it negative support.I mean,you guys are just stating your reasons and opinions but some of these post are a little too rude.
An example: http://sg-servers.com/threads/administrative-team-senpai-zer0gravitys-application.1942/#post-23621
I know he made mistakes but some of you act like it the end of the world.After that,He couldn't stop crying because of the comments,he didn't even care abot being declined.That a bit too far.

Honestly I made some rude comment before but not like these. he thought the community hated him.

I'm really just saying can we please make nice comments on mod apps,even for - support.
I personally don't like seeing them mean side of people in this community.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
There were discussions among a couple of admins to make that apps only readable by the applicant and authorized administrators.

Recognized Member
I agree. There are some of you who go batshit crazy when one letter or word is messed up on a mod app. It really just makes you look immature and rude. People who post mod apps have shown interest in the community and (most likely) want to help keep it running smoothly. At least try to be nice to them even if you are going to leave them a -support or if they made a formatting error.

Thresher

Recognized Member
Well one thing I have issues is giving -support for not enforcing or haven't seen them. I
f you haven't met them, that only means 2 things. There inactive or they go on at a different time. Let's look at some like stardust or nomad or anyone for. Europe. They are 6 hours ahead. By the time most people go on it's 3:00 in the morning for them. Giving -support should be kept only for people who actually break the rules. And to be blunt, zero does break the rules. For example this thread here- http://sg-servers.com/threads/administrative-team-faze-wubss-application.1944/

As for not enforcing, why should they be expected to enforce the rules if there is already several mods and admins on to do so. They should not be expected to do stuff like reset the plugin just because they want to be mod. Enforcing is impossible as a member. In fact, I've seen staff mute people or gag them when they for example talk while dead while enforcing. For example, someone's explaining who there got free killed, only to get muted and ignored. That's not right.

Also I just remembered another one. You don't give -support for spelling or for not making a mod app right. Like @1769 said. Don't go out of the way to give -support. If you don't want them to be a mod, at least pretend you have a valid reason.

I just remembered the best part. If you ask a mod if they will give support on there thread there response is "If you ask it will be -support." Fuck that. Fuck. That. They shouldnt be staff if they say that. Look at my first mod app. If I asked ppl I would get -support, but because I didnt it faded into nothing. I have seen dozens of people doing it and if I had proof I would post about it. This is not right at all.

Last edited:

Thstardust

Recognized Member
I almost fully support what thresher said, but in some cases you have to take in consideration the mod material of the person, and/or, their ability to carry on information. I'm not gonna say any names, but there have been some mod apps that got posted repetitively as in, oh it didnt work that time, its not like i improved, but maybe they will say yes because i keep posting them. I feel its fair to judge off of the mentality of doing so unless an explanation is provided, or gets provided as a response. The thing about never seeing people is also extremely important, if you've never seen a person, how would you ever be able to judge if they are doing good or bad? Also posting "havent seen person ~neutral support", is not helping. It's just stating that you wont take part of the discussion, and its not like we need page fillers. A big thing about the whole haven't seen person bla bla bla, is that a good amount of the people on the forums is on jailbreak, its a fact. As a person that signed up for moderator after almost only being on orange, i had people messaging me who i were, and people asking me what my alias were after being accepted. If you don't play on all servers don't judge as if you do, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything (kinda what im trying to point out in this wall of text)

Applesauce

Recognized Member
There were discussions among a couple of admins to make that apps only readable by the applicant and authorized administrators.
I honestly think that this is a good idea, and should be enforced.

Thresher

Recognized Member
Maybe this should be enforced and vouching admins can be contacted if needs be.

I honestly think that this is a good idea, and should be enforced.
Actually I really hate the idea of this. I mean look. People tend to behave when admins and up are around. Members tend to see how people really act. I am 150% sure we wouldnt have half as many mods or admins as we have now if we restrict who can post on them.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
The original reason why we allowed others to comment is to give a chance to those that administrators who accept applications may not see in-game regularly. Evidently with any sort of freedom, it can be problematic.

Thresher

Recognized Member
The original reason why we allowed others to comment is to give a chance to those that administrators who accept applications may not see in-game regularly. Evidently with any sort of freedom, it can be problematic.
Oh Democracy.

Although I see how older mod apps were originally just with a few higher up managers. So I can see why that would be a good idea.

Last edited: