New Adam

L1nk

I was just thinking about a boss but then I realized I can't program or even exist properly.

Name: Adam
Health Formula: Idk, whatever would be acceptable.
Single Life
Rage after 5,450 damage received
Rage ability: Gains a rocket launcher that would contain the ability to stun people it damages for 4-5 seconds, +20~75% blast radius, -55% attack damage, One rocket or two rockets. I'm not 100% positive if its possible but yes father I desire.

I can't really design either, so I just request that anyone who would actually accept or make this should like, design him to look like some old dude that has looks like he invented something good that also looks like it would match the themes.
Themes:

Last edited:
design him to look like some old dude that has looks like he invented something good that also looks like it would match the themes
So, you wanna make Thomas Edison with a Rocket Launcher?

In seriousness, if you can make your idea using just base TF2 models and cosmetics, you can always use the guide made by our very own @Lord Homicide : Link to guide

There's a link to a .cfg generator there as well, so there's not much editing involved. If there's a rage you want that's not part of defaults, you can use the Subplugin rages here: Rages listed under "Subplugins (Hale Abilities) and just copy/paste the formats they list in the plugin thread into the boss' .cfg

Testing, however, is one of the more annoying parts. Since everything looks like it's written to work right and then it just doesn't. If you decide to follow the guide and make a boss, you can always throw the files to me and I can test it out/do fixes for you

On the other hand, if you're wanting to use a custom model, you can always follow this sort of guide to do so in Blender: Guide here

Maybe one day if I'm not super lazy, I can try to make a video tutorial on rigging models, setting up hitboxes, and making bosses...

L1nk

So, you wanna make Thomas Edison with a Rocket Launcher?
Pretty much.
I could try to make it, it would just take time since I've never even attempted to try to do something like that. The scary bullets mechanism that RTD can give you would be the perfect mechanism if I knew how it worked.

In the end I would be learning something new that I could do in the future, but it would just take time.
Maybe one day if I'm not super lazy, I can try to make a video tutorial on rigging models, setting up hitboxes, and making bosses...
Honestly I just didn't feel like putting the time to research what I needed to know, so me putting this here is more like an "either you do it or I'll do it when I feel like it" type of thread, it's sort of an idea sticky note for anyone to access. I didn't even know any of these tools existed, but now it's likely that I'm going to try to make it; and hey, if it works, it works.

Last edited: