Afk Frozen Taunts

Dic Soupcan

Recognized Member
So, a lot of single partner taunts like rock paper scissors, square dance, flip, etc. They make the player freeze waiting for the partner to come. Those taunts work like the high five, so could they be included as afk?

Dr.Duck

Recognized Member
I agree. I mean like the high-five the taunts are waiting for a partner.

Ibram

Recognized Member
I feel like the only new taunt should be the rock, paper, scissors cause its exactly just like the high-five so it wouldnt be much

Rei

Recognized Member
I feel like the only new taunt should be the rock, paper, scissors cause its exactly just like the high-five so it wouldnt be much
How is rock paper scissors any different from flip, square, or engi chair?

Ibram

Recognized Member
How is rock paper scissors any different from flip, square, or engi chair?
Because those taunts still cause the player to move actively (excluding flip on some characters) which takes away the point of afk frozen

Defalt

Recognized Member
No matter what, The Engi Chair should always be allowed. Cave was just popping around at random places in Hopjb with that taunt.

Defalt

Recognized Member
I feel like the RPS should be allowed, but a use-at-your-own-risk kind of thing, because you might die if someone decides to take you on.
It only has a death effect when BLUs take you on. If you win, they die. Besides, the BLU will probaly be killed for baiting before he or the RED dies from RPS. If a RED dies, wheter or not its freekill should be discussed in another thread.

Defalt

Recognized Member
They only make the model move,. you don't move location.
Agreed. As long as the player isnt actively moving (e.g. jumping, spining, or something you could do on a keyboard reguarly), i feel they should be allowed

Dic Soupcan

Recognized Member
In that case, all taunts should be allowed...
Please don't sidetrack the topic.

The point of this thread was to ask for taunts that you can toggle (Square Dance, Flip, Skull Cracker, Rock Paper Scissors, High Five and Rancho Relaxo) to be given the afk frozen status. On say, the director's vision, you do the taunt then you're back to your character. On any of the taunts stated besides the director's vision, you have to push g again to leave the taunt (unless someone accepts it), which is the main feature of the High Five that makes it afk.

Rock Paper Scissors does make the character still, although they do run their mouth. Heavy on his dosido wait, he's swinging his arms back and forth near him. A melee swing swings away from the player. Also a melee swing hurts.

Flippin' Awesome makes the player rather still, unless it's like the scout.

Skull Cracker is also rather still just a bit more encouraging to get people to break each other's heads.

Rancho Relaxo... he's drinking beer, otherwise the engineer is still.

Besides, just because one taunt that is afk has certain traits doesn't mean that every other taunt that wants to be given the status of afk needs to be completely similar to the high five. Either way this is up to the higher ups.

Katze

Recognized Member
As long as the model isn't moving it's AFK frozen.

My opinion is any taunt with excessive movement should be disallowed. This means all partner taunts minus the Square Dance, and the Rancho Relaxo.

So pretty much the toggled taunts, like the OP mentioned, except the Square Dance because
  • 1. The arms swinging can be distracting to guards and may result in a shot if the guard isn't clearly noticing it.
  • 2. That music is loud as fuck, I hate when I can't hear the warden over everyone spamming "MEDIC" or crap like that.

Dic Soupcan

Recognized Member
  • 1. The arms swinging can be distracting to guards and may result in a shot if the guard isn't clearly noticing it.
  • 2. That music is loud as fuck, I hate when I can't hear the warden over everyone spamming "MEDIC" or crap like that.
1. Aren't you supposed to be paying attention if you're guard? Since you need to get that strange thingamabob up to hale's own better be noticing every single thing prisoners do. Besides if they kill the person that's what /slay is for.
2. The warden should be talking loud enough for everyone to hear, people spamming medic or square dance music shouldn't hinder that. Don't forget you're comparing that to something we already have. Anyone can spam medic, but not everyone can square dance taunt.

Last edited:

Rei

Recognized Member
In that case, all taunts should be allowed...
No, because most taunts only last for 5 seconds then you have to reactive, highfive, relaxo, rps, etc etc are all taunts that can be clicked once to leave you in a state where you're afk frozen.

Katze

Recognized Member
1. Aren't you supposed to be paying attention if you're guard? Since you need to get that strange thingamabob up to hale's own better be noticing every single thing prisoners do. Besides if they kill the person that's what /slay is for.
2. The warden should be talking loud enough for everyone to hear, people spamming medic or square dance music shouldn't hinder that. Don't forget you're comparing that to something we already have. Anyone can spam medic, but not everyone can square dance taunt.
1. Haven't you been suspended before for being too quick to slay people? I'm just saying, it's not exactly a "frozen" taunt, where the player is clearly in one location. The movement of arms can easily be hard to notice in stacks or when managing large numbers or prisoners.
2. You try standing next to a red with that music playing. I've done it before in JB, and it does wonders to drown out any other noises. Considering it's non-stop, as opposed to voice commands getting a higher and higher cooldown as you continue spamming them, it can easily be a nightmare.