AFK Taunting

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
So I was playing the other day, and was using my Square Dance taunt. TinyDity told me to stop using it because it was annoying, but I continued because I could. So a scout runs off of the line, accepts my taunt, and we both get killed. I am not reporting the player, I'm just wondering if certain taunts should be banned from use do to the fact that some are loud and/or annoying. Also, is there a rule about accepting a taunt from a red to a red and who gets killed? Thanks!

Thresher

Recognized Member
I always thought that if you accept it your KOS, but not the guy making it. Since you can just be a dick and keep accepting.

As for annoying taunts, I hate any with music. But I'm not sure about not making it afk. Since it kinda is.

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
I think taunts like the Square Dance should be specifically banned because it can be loud and annoying and it might prevent other reds from listening to warden. What do all of the admoons think?

Cat

Recognized Member
I think taunts like the Square Dance should be specifically banned because it can be loud and annoying and it might prevent other reds from listening to warden. What do all of the admoons think?
I know you're asking what the admins think, but from personal experience, I've never had any problems from the square dance taunt being to loud or annoying. And anyways, people usually only use it when afk or in there cell and they are never in those locations for an extended amount of time.

Nachös

Recognized Member
TinyDity freekilled because if he said no taunt of any kind then the red who accpeted it should be KOS.Why ban Sqaure Dance?It a nice taunt. I know it gets annoying but theres one thing your missing YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT

Thstardust

Recognized Member
TinyDity freekilled because if he said no taunt of any kind then the red who accpeted it should be KOS.Why ban Sqaure Dance?It a nice taunt. I know it gets annoying but theres one thing your missing YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT
None of this makes any sense. It states nowhere in rules that the person accepting should be KOS. The reason people want square dance banned is that.. You know... OTHER PEOPLE CAN HEAR IT (GASP)

Thresher

Recognized Member
None of this makes any sense. It states nowhere in rules that the person accepting should be KOS. The reason people want square dance banned is that.. You know... OTHER PEOPLE CAN HEAR IT (GASP)
Yea but if it wasn't a free kill, then if I become KOS I can run and get someone else killed with me.

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
All I'm trying to say is, clarify the rules a little better for what circumstances are and aren't KOS'able relating to taunts.

Nachös

Recognized Member
Did you read what I said if the warden says NO TAUNTING, I know I worded it wrong.I was typing fast and was in a hurry Ill fix it. Bolded Means Edited
TinyDity freekilled because if he didn't said no taunt of any kind then the red who accpeted it shouldn't be KOS.Why ban Sqaure Dance?It a nice taunt. I know it gets annoying but theres one thing your missing YOU DONT HAVE TO USE ALL THE TIME

Thresher

Recognized Member
Did you read what I said if the warden says NO TAUNTING, I know I worded it wrong.I was typing fast and was in a hurry Ill fix it. Bolded Means Edited
He was already KOS for running of the line, so he accepted a taunt to get a kill like I said above. Also, if the warden says no taunting, then afk taunts are still allowed. If that wasn't true, there's nothing really stopping me from saying stuff like, blues can free kill, or reds can delay. Rules > Warden. I just think that the rules are fine as is.

The only reason there's problems is people being smart asses and going around them.

Thstardust

Recognized Member
He was already KOS for running of the line, so he accepted a taunt to get a kill like I said above. Also, if the warden says no taunting, then afk taunts are still allowed. If that wasn't true, there's nothing really stopping me from saying stuff like, blues can free kill, or reds can delay. Rules > Warden. I just think that the rules are fine as is.

The only reason there's problems is people being smart asses and going around them.
*cough* obvious rule *cough*

Astra

Recognized Member
Only the person that activates the taunt (A.K.A the partner) would be KOS.
All I'm trying to say is, clarify the rules a little better for what circumstances are and aren't KOS'able relating to taunts.
All afk taunts (like the high five) are afk. So the high five, rancho, skull cracker, Square dance, RPS, and the flip are afk. Basically any taunt that is toggled on and off manually.