ba_jail_casuarina_b6 feedback thread

Ivy

Recognized Member
At the start of July, I decided to start working on a complete overhaul of Casuarina. After all, half of the games are broken, and the map looks like it was ported from CSS, texture wise.

This thread is for general feedback before release. Reply with any issues you find, balance changes you want to see, or game changes you want to see, and I'll try to reply with either a solution, fix, or change. The full, final compile release will (hopefully)be out early September. Thank you!

1564828933303.png
1564828962697.png
1564829044553.png
1564829116007.png

These are the changelogs between version b5 of Casuarina and b6. The major changes include:
--
+Added Danger Below
+Added Climb
+Added Jeopardy
+Added Dodgeball
+Added Stairway to Heaven
+Added Rifle Dodge
+Added Spritegrass
+Added new Disco music
+Added a new trap to Deathrun
+Added soundscapes
+Added many, many minor things.

--
+Many, many QOL improvements
+Major texturing improvements
+Fixes to Hide and Go boom, Jumprope, and Sweeper
+General optimization improvements
+Fixes and replacements to minigame labels
+Fixes and replacements to minigame audio
+Extensions to minigames, particularly Kitchen

--
-Removed The Weakest Link
-Removed Wipeout
-Removed the "Thriller" buttons
-Removed Box Game
-Removed Musical Chairs
-Removed Dodgeball (the original!)
-Removed the Basketball Court
-Removed Russian Roulette
-Removed Shock, Drop, and Roll
-Removed barricades from the windows next to the gunstore
-Removed the vent in pool
-Removed the "MLP PLAYBOY" posters in the bathrooms
-Removed many, many minor things.

--

You can find the download here. Before giving feedback, know that any physics based games (ie soccer, dodgeball) will not work properly unless you set the pushscale to over 100. The servers do this automatically, but to do it yourself, input phys_pushscale 100/1000/etc into console. Once again, if you find any issues or have any feedback about this build that I haven't already ironed out, please leave them below. Have fun!

Last edited:

BFG 9000

This is just a nitpick but it just doesn't feel right having no pathways, it looks weird without them. Everything else on that map is good though, good job on replacing all the broken minigames with functional ones.

Howdy! I noticed a few bugs when looking around.

first off I saw quite few places with missing textures below are screenshots of the missing textures
20190803090854_1.jpg20190803091053_1.jpg20190803091121_1.jpg20190803091839_1.jpg20190803092953_1.jpg20190803095948_1.jpg

Now my IQ might be too low but it appears there is no way out of four corners
The sentries in vs sentries drop metal upon death letting reds get ammo maybe put some env_remove's on them (same issue with sentry in obby)
You can stand on the areas where the snipers come out in rifledodge and you wont get killed
The lights signifying which podium button was pressed seems to be reversed on podiums 1 and 3
You can safely fall off the first platform in climb and skip to the last section
The fan in obby rotates in the wrong direction (one in deathrun is fine)
You can hit the dodgeballs into the starting area of dodgeball if the gate is open
you can jump over sweeper fence
It appears the vmt's for the "open cells text" and the label for "hide and go boom" are missing or just arent working and it spams the console with this.13aa8796c890b3218c617c927e202159.png
The room next to the gunshop doesn't open from the outside and the teleporter to get in is still one use (or maybe my IQ is too low to understand any other ways to get in)

Aside from the bugs the map is definitely an improvement over the current Casuarina and it ain't bad for an early release build (also wtfman why you remove moneyman)

Ivy

Recognized Member
Howdy! I noticed a few bugs when looking around.

first off I saw quite few places with missing textures below are screenshots of the missing textures
View attachment 5762View attachment 5763View attachment 5764View attachment 5765View attachment 5766View attachment 5767

These are artifacts from me rushing to fix the skybox/leftover nodraw textures - definitely will deal with them.

Now my IQ might be too low but it appears there is no way out of four corners
Oops, forgot to update the ladder. Sorry about that!

Metal dropping has now been manually disabled, didn't realize this was an issue.

These five have been fixed, Thank you for the videos, they've been extremely helpful!
you can jump over sweeper fence

The room next to the gunshop doesn't open from the outside and the teleporter to get in is still one use (or maybe my IQ is too low to understand any other ways to get in)

These are both 100% intended. The use for the room is to teleport in once, and leave - along with a secondary use as a hungergames room.

It appears the vmt's for the "open cells text" and the label for "hide and go boom" are missing or just arent working and it spams the console with this.View attachment 5768

This seems to be an issue with the way I repacked - I'm looking into it.

Aside from the bugs the map is definitely an improvement over the current Casuarina and it ain't bad for an early release build (also wtfman why you remove moneyman)

Thank you! And fyi - he's still there.

Last edited:

sapphire

Recognized Member
read the desc
Oh forgot about 0:30, you can also get stuck somewhere around there. I can try recording again where it is when I finish doing something, unless someone gets it before me

Edit : Sorry for the late edit but, I couldn't find the spot that got me stuck. Maybe it as just a temp thing that I encountered

Last edited:

screechy

finally! I'd love to get the games working on this map

Buns

Recognized Member
This needed to be done, thank you.