ba_Sincinatti

SNC

Recognized Member
Didn't even know we had a mapping section. Thanks!

Yeah, maps being made exclusively for SG give a lot more variety and incentive to visit us instead of other servers.

The Incognito

Recognized Member
There will be tributes like the new hop?

BaleOfHay

Recognized Member
Where can I find this... "Hammer"
Also is it mac compatible
upload_2017-2-18_17-17-56.png

This is where mine is located. Most likely where your's is too Bubba.
And yes, should be mac compatible.

1bubbainpa

Recognized Member
Your map, like @AwesomeAim stated, needs a Unique Selling Point. Some jailbreak maps have featured that stand out from others, like supermario's speedrun or space jail's gravity. There's a reason not many people like to play maps like minecart or night.

If you need an idea for one, I might have a very fringe blueprint. I call it Trials. It would be a mix of obby and some other obstacle course. Reds start in a room with a sweeper pedastal that activates after x seconds. There are 3-4 different paths to take outside the main "sweeper room," but it leads to a small, but dangerous obstacle course that a player has to traverse, and reach the end.

At the end of each "trial obby" there would be a button. Hitting the button would teleport the red outside the minigame, thus completing it. When the players as a group hit all the buttons, an exit is revealed in the "main" dangerous room, allowing everyone to exit, and join those who have pressed the buttons in trials at the end.

It's a rough idea to bring across, but it sounds fun.

SNC

Recognized Member
Your map, like @AwesomeAim stated, needs a Unique Selling Point. Some jailbreak maps have featured that stand out from others, like supermario's speedrun or space jail's gravity. There's a reason not many people like to play maps like minecart or night.

If you need an idea for one, I might have a very fringe blueprint. I call it Trials. It would be a mix of obby and some other obstacle course. Reds start in a room with a sweeper pedastal that activates after x seconds. There are 3-4 different paths to take outside the main "sweeper room," but it leads to a small, but dangerous obstacle course that a player has to traverse, and reach the end.

At the end of each "trial obby" there would be a button. Hitting the button would teleport the red outside the minigame, thus completing it. When the players as a group hit all the buttons, an exit is revealed in the "main" dangerous room, allowing everyone to exit, and join those who have pressed the buttons in trials at the end.

The vertical design of mine may be a selling point. Lots of backroutes and upward components that make it interesting to rebel in. Also, I'm paying a ton of attention to detail in the way that thinks are shaped and are aesthetically. Already, not even 10% of the way through, it looks at least somewhat interesting compared to some of the JB maps we currently ahve in circulation, and we are currently in construction of a vertically based deathrun that has several floors, one we are working on is similar to box game, but instead of boxes coming down it is stones coming upward, and the player must dodge them to get to the next level of deathrun.

I'd like to say special thanks to @Pillow, @EmNudge, and @Buns for giving me pointers and help.
Pillow did some concept art which he can show here that helped me with my deathrun idea.

Thanks for that idea too! I may try to implement that, sounds pretty cool.

Again, I'm going to attempt to add more unique things to my map. I think you'll enjoy them a lot-I get bored of the mundane JB maps too. The fun ones are always great to enhance the atmosphere.

Denied

jb map maker

To me it's all about rebelling spots, rigging the place with traps could easily be a selling point.

Wickednick

Recognized Member
Well it's a city right? How about some sort of popo running around, he's unkillable, and if he catches you you get teleported in a cage for the blus to decide what to do with you
(Or he could kill you or somethin, less fun ya know)

Edit:he'd only be in areas accessible while rebelling, like secret areas to weapons or a pathway to armory, not in the main area

SNC

Recognized Member
Good news boys,
DEATHRUN'S FIRST LEVEL COMPLETE... why did it take so long? Well, because hammer is stinky. Also, we had some physics stuff to fix. Huge props to @EmNudge and @Buns, the true heros, and of course @Pillow who helped design the building for deathrun. I need ideas for the next level downward in deathrun, and any would be appreciated!
20170219203834_1.jpg
20170219203812_1.jpg
20170219203809_1.jpg
20170219203806_1.jpg
20170219203759_1.jpg

Bush-Dog

Recognized Member
Good news boys,
DEATHRUN'S FIRST LEVEL COMPLETE... why did it take so long? Well, because hammer is stinky. Also, we had some physics stuff to fix. Huge props to @EmNudge and @Buns, the true heros, and of course @Pillow who helped design the building for deathrun. I need ideas for the next level downward in deathrun, and any would be appreciated!
Vertical deathrun? This'll be interesting.

Robely

Recognized Member
Good news boys,
Needs a trap where you say "I see you sin" then kills

SNC

Recognized Member

Wickednick

Recognized Member
Should be-ya'll said we need grabbers :D
How about a way to escape the prison like in the old map, it'd be interesting, but you'd have to make it hard so it wouldn't be an amazing route to take
(Helicopter escape?)

Reactions: SNC

SNC

Recognized Member
How about a way to escape the prison like in the old map, it'd be interesting, but you'd have to make it hard so it wouldn't be an amazing route to take
(Helicopter escape?)
CS:GO has a helicopter from the vertigo map I could use.

SNC

Recognized Member

These are the updates.

Should Obby be larger or is it good as is?

Nyx

Recognized Member

These are the updates.

make the train less "snappy" please

Denied

jb map maker

These are the updates.

Remove the train, not only are moving platforms very unreliable, but it also ruins the map aesthetic. Make the moving wall smaller so that it doesn't clip with the main wall. There are alot of tiny mistakes that really bug me as someone who knows how to fix them, I would advise having an experienced mapper look through it before release(which I think you already planned on doing).