Backback.tf's Mann Co. Supply Crate Key price has hit 50 refined for the first time

Ivy

Recognized Member
Yesterday, the prices of keys on backpack.tf hit 50 refined metal (and rising,) with a newly accepted suggestion of 52.22-52.44 refined - or one TF2 inventory page's worth of refined. It looks like the economy has finally taken a turn.

D8vaUrBXsAAnxen.png

What does everyone think about this? I remember back when on key was worth a mere 3 refined, so this is insane to me.

Last edited:

fishska

The economy is drastically changing over time. Trading a unique weapon up to a Mann. Co Key is slowly becoming a myth at this point.

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
what the fuck? its at 52 refined now? shit two years ago it was like 22 ref. wtf happened to the market

Yunkster

Recognized Member
It was 2.33 ref per key when I started playing in 2011.

The problem is that there's no metal sink; Combine that with AFK farming on extremely cheap TF2 accounts and you get the rising inflation of metal. Unlike keys, there just isn't an inherent value to metal.

This problem was pointed out years and years ago, but Valve in their neglect and incompetence have done nothing. I, for one, can't wait for 100 ref per key.

Zero1763

Recognized Member
but Valve in their neglect and incompetence have done nothing
Took me a while to find this
1560827124071.png

Also, I blame the inflation on people like you who whether it be ironically or unironically posting doge memes beyond the time period A.D.

Dr. Dictator

time to cash out before the economy takes a nose dive?

UrielVentris

Recognized Member
scam impressionable children with my dashing and sly personality who cares about key prices. rise the fuck up people its eat little kids or watch little kids no doubtfully fail in a economy where having personal skills is the most important. they seem to lack those. think of it as a mercy killing of there bp. its like do you wanna sit inside and trade around for quarters. like just go pick up some fucking quarters outside laugh at the crackrocks and boom just like that you got yourself those dope killer australium unique gold dead of night.