Balance Changes

simple king k man

I wanna get some suggestions from some people on JB. What should be balanced or not?

I say the engineer needs a speed buff or a hp buff. Or a little in between

Gary

Recognized Member
I wanna get some suggestions from some people on JB. What should be balanced or not?

I say the engineer needs a speed buff or a hp buff. Or a little in between
With the way that @coolpurple runs at people with the gun slinger at 175 health and kills heavies I don’t think that the engineer needs any type of buff. The dispenser is also a portable armory and removes any need for blues to leave reds besides rebellers so I don’t see that being added back anytime soon either. Overall the only thing that makes one side easier to play than the other and needs balance are certain maps but that is out of our control.

Gary

Recognized Member
I mean purple can clutch against a whole team with just a panic attack but ok
Yeah but heavy is like the top of the food chain when it comes to survivability because of this health. When you have the only class that can three shot him with a melee with barely less health than a soldier it starts to become very easy to just run wildly at people with no repercussion. Not to mention with that extra health he would have advantages in basically any melee fight he comes into. I don’t really see any balance changes that need to be made at the moment.

Moashu

Recognized Member
Engineer is just a tankier, slower scout that can inflict bleed without hitting himself :)

Spicee

Although the G.R.U was really un balanced, I think it's boring that all they did was turn them into stock, maybe they make the heavy go a smidge faster, and he gets 150 hp instead of just 100 so he can still be insta capped by snipers.

coolpurple

Although the G.R.U was really un balanced, I think it's boring that all they did was turn them into stock, maybe they make the heavy go a smidge faster, and he gets 150 hp instead of just 100 so he can still be insta capped by snipers.
the problem with the gloves is that its only balanced when heavy is default speed. but heavy is faster than default speed on SG, meaning the gloves just give even more speed.

in a sense, heavy is already pretty strong just because hes slightly faster than he defaulf speed already, and the gloves of running urgently are basically just a buff with no debuffs at the moment anyways.

Spicee

the problem with the gloves is that its only balanced when heavy is default speed. but heavy is faster than default speed on SG, meaning the gloves just give even more speed.

in a sense, heavy is already pretty strong just because hes slightly faster than he defaulf speed already, and the gloves of running urgently are basically just a buff with no debuffs at the moment anyways.
What I meant by a smidge is that the gru by default is +30% movement speed, i was thinking maybe 15 or 10.

coolpurple

What I meant by a smidge is that the gru by default is +30% movement speed, i was thinking maybe 15 or 10.
here is a basic reference to heavy speed percentages so you can get an idea on why the 5% we have now is fine.

hu = hammer units (tf2's metric system)

default class walk speed (sniper, pyro, engineer): 300 hu/s velocity (hammer units per second)

default heavy class walk speed: 230 hu/s

default heavy class walk speed with default gloves (30%): 299 hu/s (1 hu slower than sniper, pyro, and engineer)

sg gaming heavy class walk speed: 280 hu/s (for reference, this is as fast a demoman)

sg gaming heavy class 5% speed boost (current gloves buff): 294 hu/s (almost as fast as a sniper, pyro, and engineer

sg gaming heavy class 10% speed boost: 308 hu/s (faster than a sniper, pyro, and engineer)

sg gaming heavy class 15% speed boost: 322 hu/s (faster than a medic and spy)

based on the data above, the gloves essentially match the speed of a base movement speed class (like sniper, pyro, and engineer)
with the drawback of health drain.

sg's version of the gloves is essentially the same concept, except there is no health drain.

in conclusion, the current glove speed is just fine.

coolpurple

i just wanted to add on to this "engineer balancing"

if possible, could we bring back the widowmaker? if there isn't anyway to exploit the weapon, it could definitely be an essential tool to engineers having to face hordes of players on red team. or if on red, having to take down multiple blues with just a shotgun.

it does exact damage as shotgun, and if an engineer cannot land more than 30 damage per shot, they will eventually have nothing left to shoot.

PotatoPete

coming in what purple is saying, maybe we should buff the medic. previously the medic had 175 hp with no drawbacks which is fine since the medic is basically a defenseless character but a good medic can put the blus to their knees (expect if its a no skill soldier main) a good buff to the medic would be to increase speed or increase hp since that 150 isnt helping him

coolpurple

coming in what purple is saying, maybe we should buff the medic. previously the medic had 175 hp with no drawbacks which is fine since the medic is basically a defenseless character but a good medic can put the blus to their knees (expect if its a no skill soldier main) a good buff to the medic would be to increase speed or increase hp since that 150 isnt helping him
hold on there man, medic doesn't need a buff. they are specifically meant for support and going in as a medic to rebel with a syringe gun isnt supposed to "work."

medics already have increased speed and regen, if you give medics more speed or more hp, they will more of a threat than any other melee class.

medics already have regen by default, and if two medics team up with ubercharge, the increased speed will essentially make them unstoppable.

and medics on blue are already very strong, being able to recover from positioning mistakes of the blues, by ubercharging them. any more utility to their arsenal and medic is just going to end up being a very unfair class to go, atleast in melee based fights.

did you also think of friendly fire? medic dominates arena based minigames that are restricted to melee, as their speed makes it easier to walk in and out and hit players.