Ban {BL} on sight?

Kris18

Recognized Member
Back on the old server I ran before I become involved with the Minecraftland one here, there was a constant group of people who were just generally annoying and looking for trouble, but they usually stayed within the boundaries of the rules as to not get banned.

Fine.

But now they're coming to the new server with the intent of pissing me off. I've started banning a few of them after warning, then more came and they're getting banned on first offense (when doing the same thing their predecessors were doing).

Practical Problems and Madame got involved, deciding to be funny about it. They got to see why people were getting banned, and get a taste of it themselves.

It's not funny. I suppose they understand that now.

Anyway, so what did they do? When I logged on, Boarder changed his name to Kris14, and Silver Bullet changed his name to Khris15. I ask them not to do that and Boarder goes on about how he's 14 and his name is Kris.

Fine. It's not harming anyone, but I'm not amused. It's clearly mocking my name, borderline impersonation, disrespectful, whatever. They're not harming anyone.

Boarder (Kris14) kills me once amidst a large battle and clusterfuck of players. Spams the chat annoyingly, exclaiming how he had killed me. Told him he's not welcome here if he's simply here to be obnoxious. The other one falsely corrects my grammar (I typed "your" and he corrected it to "you'r"). I banned them both for a week.

I have a history with Boarder on the old server, but didn't let the ban carry over and gave him a clean slate--I told him this previously. Silver Bullet I don't have much recollection of. Either way, they're both members of {BL!} like I said. Never had fun with them around.

So shortly after another member, {BL!} Canadian Nightmare, joins and changes his name to "kris96". Banned him indefinitely. Went back and changed the other two to permanent. Obviously, {BL!} likes to work together and be annoying.

Again, a few minutes later, a classic micspammer from the old server (who I already banned for a week once here for micspamming) joined and began micspamming. Banned him permanently too. Probably coordinated, but maybe just coincidental timing.

I'd get the group for {BL!} but SteamCommunity is down. At least one other person has vocalized his dislike for the entire group. Not gonna throw names, but he's not on the admin team.

I'm considering issuing a ban of {BL!} members on sight. Unsure if this is going too far, or if you guys would be behind it.

Thoughts welcome: disagreement, agreement, whatever. I just want some input and thoughts. I won't issue such a broad ban without the support of the team.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
I've banned them on jb many times. I'm perfectly ok with it. And sorry. I didn't realize it was serious, I thought one guy just decided to be stupid and I was making fun of people who do that. I didn't realize you would take it seriously and ban me.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
No sure what {BL} is, but it'll be hard to enforce. While a steam group ban is possible, at the moment seems unnecessary.

Veigar

Recognized Member
Practical Problems said:
I've banned them on jb many times. I'm perfectly ok with it. And sorry. I didn't realize it was serious, I thought one guy just decided to be stupid and I was making fun of people who do that. I didn't realize you would take it seriously and ban me.

This.

Also, I don't ever recall seeing BL before actually. I have an awful memory anyways, so that just may be the reason. Or perhaps I just don't realize they're from that group... hm. Probably a combination of both.

I think that even if I see someone from the group, unless they're being dicks, disrespecting us or others, etc. etc., if they're somehow a good seed of the group, there shouldn't be a reason to ban them. Until someone's done something wrong, I don't feel right banning. Kick, perhaps, but not ban.

Katze

Recognized Member
While we're at it. I was called to JB to deal with a player "Slutty McDicks-" (can't remember the rest of his name). DragonShock informed me he was freekilling, I witnessed him doing it, etc. etc. He also was micspamming "kill yourself" until I eventually silenced him, causing him to leave. If you see him, be warned not to give him any strikes. I can't describe in full detail what happened, but for me it was three immediate strikes. His username, freekilling when specifically told not to, and micspamming "kill yourself" was enough to convince me he deserved a ban.

We should pin the thread, to post bad players so all staff can watch out for them.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
PhilbobTheSailor said:
While we're at it. I was called to JB to deal with a player "Slutty McDicks-" (can't remember the rest of his name). DragonShock informed me he was freekilling, I witnessed him doing it, etc. etc. He also was micspamming "kill yourself" until I eventually silenced him, causing him to leave. If you see him, be warned not to give him any strikes. I can't describe in full detail what happened, but for me it was three immediate strikes. His username, freekilling when specifically told not to, and micspamming "kill yourself" was enough to convince me he deserved a ban.

We should pin the thread, to post bad players so all staff can watch out for them.

Next time, take down their STEAMID.

XKirby

Recognized Member
Ban on sight is harsh. Just wait until they start being idiots. If some of them don't cause problems, I don't see anything wrong with them staying.