Banning Multi Step Lrs

MattHattZak123

Recognized Member
Whenever the last red gets lr, sometimes they do multi step lrs like saying I will be having multi step lr. My first step of my lr is for all blus to do obby then my second part of my lr is to do minefield and so on. Or sometimes they will say All blus do soccer and I can hit you whenever I want. Which ruins the gameplay for blus trying to do the lr. The reds basically can do whatever they want if they state it which is really dumb. Hopefully this rule gets into the rules so we don't have any more lrs like this.

Ivy

Recognized Member
Whenever the last red gets lr, sometimes they do multi step lrs like saying I will be having multi step lr. My first step of my lr is for all blus to do obby then my second part of my lr is to do minefield and so on. Or sometimes they will say All blus do soccer and I can hit you whenever I want. Which ruins the gameplay for blus trying to do the lr. The reds basically can do whatever they want if they state it which is really dumb. Hopefully this rule gets into the rules so we don't have any more lrs like this.

the general consensus is that you need to state every part of the LR before anything is done. while its not stated anywhere, most of the active players enforce it.

Last edited:
Reactions: n_n

Midnight

Recognized Member
While saying "I can hit/kill blu's whenever I want" is a smart way to get around the no baiting in LR rule and usually reduces delay the multiple steps LR is just an excuse to delay the round needlessly. The last request, in my opinion, should be stated in 1-2 sentences which states the LR that won't delay the round and any other info like restrictions like healing, dispensers, etc..

Pulled from the JB rules section:
1524799902323.png

1524799954128.png

Last edited:

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
Why does that even exist? Multi-step lr´s from what I´ve been reading are just confusing as shit, i know my opinion probably does not matter but I do feel that they should be banned because 1. It doesn´t make any sense to even do one and 2. It´s clearly pissing everybody off and reducing the likely short time that some players have to play on JB before they have to do things that can help them in life.

Ivy

Recognized Member
Why does that even exist? Multi-step lr´s from what I´ve been reading are just confusing as shit, .
"multi-part LRs" are used when a red wants to do multiple things for their last request

It doesn´t make any sense to even do one and 2. It´s clearly pissing everybody off and reducing the likely short time that some players have to play on JB before they have to do things that can help them in life.

....it's literally the equivalent of saying "and when you're done with this, do this, and also this." LR is usually at the end of the round anyway, so it doesn't delay the round in most cases

All blus do soccer and I can hit you whenever I want. Which ruins the gameplay for blus trying to do the lr. The reds basically can do whatever they want if they state it which is really dumb. Hopefully this rule gets into the rules so we don't have any more lrs like this.
weren't you always able to say "I can hit blues whenever I want"? That doesn't have anything to do with "multi-part LRs". While I agree it's dumb, banning them wouldn't change anything...

In my opinion, LR is something that reds should be able to enjoy, regardless of how much time it takes. The red that got LR earned it.

Last edited:

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Just make it 5 parts or less. They have to say it all at once so it’s easy to beat and try to find every error they made while doing the lr ex never said no going to medic and shit(for damaging minigames)

Zero1763

Recognized Member
When you think your brain is huge so to get around "last request" being only one thing you call it a "multistep lr" because you want more than one LR.

It'd be great if someone( @Yuki ) would see this and maybe think "hmm, doing multiple things for your lr is like having more than o n e"

MattHattZak123

Recognized Member
Just make it 5 parts or less. They have to say it all at once so it’s easy to beat and try to find every error they made while doing the lr ex never said no going to medic and shit(for damaging minigames)
5 parts or less is still a long lr to be doing

Bush-Dog

Recognized Member
When you think your brain is huge so to get around "last request" being only one thing you call it a "multistep lr" because you want more than one LR.

It'd be great if someone( @Yuki ) would see this and maybe think "hmm, doing multiple things for your lr is like having more than o n e"
Nah this is totally fine.

Rules like
Added communication restriction ban - This states that you cannot restrict people from using chat or voice chat for the purpose of the gamemode provided that no other rules such as talking over warden and spamming are broken. Those that misuse it will be punished as per standard rules)
Is totally mandatory to be added in the rules list and not be an unnecessary addition.