New Bone's FF2 Bosses

So I finally finished learning how to rig/make FF2 bosses. This first one I'm posting is more of a proof of (somewhat) competence than anything, but I plan on making more and just updating this thread when I do, rather than making a new thread every single time.

The first boss I've finished is Needles "Sweet Tooth" Kane from the Twisted Metal series. Here's how he looks in game:
sweet tooth.jpg

I don't have any videos of gameplay, but I'll describe him best I can. He's got your basic Super Jump and Weighdown abilities, as well as a rage that spooks and ignites nearby players. The afterburn lasts 7 seconds. To make him less trash, I've given his Axtinguisher the ability to crit enemies that are on fire. So he works a bit like Pyroshark except with fire.

Most of his attributes are left to FF2's default. Such as his Health pool and base damage of his Axtinguisher. I didn't add the 334% damage buff and 35% damage force reduction the majority of the bosses here have. I assumed that's either the defaults on the server's FF2 plugin, or changed manually, so his can be changed if needed.

He uses the Dynamic Defaults plugin for his Super Jump and Weighdown, since I like how they feel better than the regular defaults.
He also uses Darthmule's Rage Condition plugin for the ignite rage, rather than the Phat Rages plugin, so that players (and the boss) aren't blinded by the particles.

Both of the mentioned plugins are included with the models/materials/sounds etc, as well as fastdl versions of everything.
Here are all the necessary files

Now that I'm done drowning everyone in information, I hope you decide to use my boss/enjoy it.

TL;DR version: Local edgy ice cream clown becomes Pyroshark but with fire.

Fluquor

Queen of Ice
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Looks interesting, I agree its kind of pyroshark but with fire but I like the detail in the model, believe I once worked with another twisted metal boss... something with the theme song of no rest for the wicked, and that boss turned out pretty fun to play with / against even if it wasn't the most original idea mechanically.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been pretty busy. Actually, that's a lie, I'm just really lazy. Anyway, here's a new boss.
Hank Hill:
Hank.jpg

I've attempted to make him play a little different than most bosses.
His rage uses the powerful might of propane, by exploding all around him. He can still move while exploding though. He gains knockback immunity and a speed boost during his rage so that he can move into nests/groups while doing so, although it only lasts for around 3 seconds.

The drawbacks of his rage? Well, he doesn't stun, at all. Not players, not Sentries. Meaning players have a chance to survive when he rages instead of just accepting death. His rage also doesn't insta-kill (at least not heavier classes...), but does deal a good amount of damage. He's basically made to counter melee/close quarters classes/anyone who thinks it's a good idea to stay close to him.

As of currently, he's set up using defaults (default HP, weapon stats, attributes, etc.), since I'm sure the current bosses use a edited version of the defaults considering they all have the same stats. If not, it can be changed.

He uses Dynamic Defaults as his mobility (Super Jumping, Weighdown),
Phat Rages for his explosion rage,
and TFConditions for his buffs during rage.
His files can be found here, as well as FastDL versions: Hank Hill

I'm also pretty confident in my ability to rig/make bosses, so if anyone has any requests feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do.

Fluquor

Queen of Ice
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Explosion rages have been impossibly overpowered in every instance. This is a higher health skeleton king that activates his rage damage on activation instead of a 1.5 second frame to escape. For comparison, take OPM or The Rock's rage, and instead of a small kill aura around them, make it a full explosion, and everything else stays the exact same. The one suggestion I have for changing this boss is to instead give him a loose cannon or grenade launcher with a single shot that has a larger blast radius, but less damage, though any strong explosive ability of any boss has been incredibly powerful in any instance. (Cave Johnson is included in this though his explosion radius is not large)

Explosion rages have been impossibly overpowered in every instance. This is a higher health skeleton king that activates his rage damage on activation instead of a 1.5 second frame to escape. For comparison, take OPM or The Rock's rage, and instead of a small kill aura around them, make it a full explosion, and everything else stays the exact same. The one suggestion I have for changing this boss is to instead give him a loose cannon or grenade launcher with a single shot that has a larger blast radius, but less damage, though any strong explosive ability of any boss has been incredibly powerful in any instance. (Cave Johnson is included in this though his explosion radius is not large)
Alright, I'll see what I can do

Damn, these are way better than anything I've posted here. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to play as/against them!

Nazuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
There's this cfg generator that every server owner hates that you could use.
Otherwise just use the template and edit it normally. Use notepad++ or something if you want highlighting.

Hank Hill has gone through testing and should be greenlit to add soon.
Awesome! Is there anything extra I need to change/add?

There's this cfg generator that every server owner hates that you could use.
Otherwise just use the template and edit it normally. Use notepad++ or something if you want highlighting.
*looks around nervously* Yeah.. I totally haven't been using FF2CFGGenerator to make it seem like I know what I'm doing...
But my biggest issue is trying to make everything not just a reskin of Saxton Hale, and a lot of my ideas aren't supported by existing plugins and I certainly don't know enough SourcePawn to write my own.

Nah. I just went through the long process of figuring out the convoluted way to rig models in Blender. I'm not super great at writing .cfgs just yet.
Heck, if you ever want to collab on something, I could rig a model for you.
Hell yeah, I'd be up for a collab. Feel free to add me on Steam if you're up for one.