Boss suggestions for freak fortress 2

Sadao

Sorry.. i don't know where to exactly put this but i'd like to add some bosses to your freak fortress 2 server , i have 3 bosses that ive made and it can be found here , much appreciated.

I'm a good friend of LordHomicide.

Thanks alot if you decided to add one of these bosses! and feel free to nerf it if they required to do so.

Last edited:

L1nk

Recognized Member
Remove matrix on them. Then they have a slight chance of being added.

Why you ask? Well because matrix is gay. Like @Gearhop :^)

Also, put this in suggestions next time please. Kthx

Sadao

Remove matrix on them. Then they have a slight chance of being added.

Why you ask? Well because matrix is gay. Like @Gearhop :^)

Also, put this in suggestions next time please. Kthx
Its up to the server owner to remove it or not , as i said feel free to nerf it if you would like to.

Wickednick

Recognized Member
B
Sorry.. i don't know where to exactly put this but i'd like to add some bosses to your freak fortress 2 server , i have 3 bosses that ive made and it can be found here , much appreciated.

I'm a good friend of LordHomicide.

Thanks alot if you decided to add one of these bosses! and feel free to nerf it if they required to do so.
Bomberz's cosmetics should be the airplane with the sultans ceremonial and the dynamite cosmetic

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
I like Ninja Scout with his Guillotines, but I think they'd be overpowered additions as they are now. I have some suggestions if they do get added.
  • Ninja Scout : Remove the invincibility on rage and reduce the stun times to 5s, give it a small-medium range. For his life lost, remove the matrix ability but increase the number of clones to 4, and possibly give him 5 lives instead of 3.
  • Spook Master : Change the invincibility to last 7 seconds, stun everything in medium range for 5s, remove the overlay and modify the sound in case it's too loud. Remove the matrix ability on life lost, increase the number of lives to 3.
  • BomberZ : Remove the Seeman explosions on rage and instead make it stun everything in close range and grant him his Grenade Launcher with limited ammo. No revive markers. Sound volumes should be checked.

Sadao

I like Ninja Scout with his Guillotines, but I think they'd be overpowered additions as they are now. I have some suggestions if they do get added.
  • Ninja Scout : Remove the invincibility on rage and reduce the stun times to 5s, give it a small-medium range. For his life lost, remove the matrix ability but increase the number of clones to 4, and possibly give him 5 lives instead of 3.
  • Spook Master : Change the invincibility to last 7 seconds, stun everything in medium range for 5s, remove the overlay and modify the sound in case it's too loud. Remove the matrix ability on life lost, increase the number of lives to 3.
  • BomberZ : Remove the Seeman explosions on rage and instead make it stun everything in close range and grant him his Grenade Launcher with limited ammo. No revive markers. Sound volumes should be checked.
Thank you for your feedback , i have a question , why does everyone hate matrix attacks on the server? i mean its pretty much the same as ninja spy's.
As for spookmaster his sound will be loud if you were closer to him , the overlay will stay because that's what hes supposed to do , people usually runs away from his rages , so i put an overlay instead , almost all of my bosses has extra lives , as for BomberZ if i removed half of his abilities he wont be unique anymore and he will be like one of these bosses that just stuns and uber , but we'll see about it , i just need to see how my bosses go on the server , will they get beaten soo fast or will they be fair and balanced? thank you for your suggestions anyway.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Considering that boss makers 'generally' design bosses to be around a power level that would be 'adequate' for normal unmodified servers, it would be a little strange to have to make arbitrary nerfs before even inclusion on a server where everyone is boosted.

Sadao

Considering that boss makers 'generally' design bosses to be around a power level that would be 'adequate' for normal unmodified servers, it would be a little strange to have to make arbitrary nerfs before even inclusion on a server where everyone is boosted.
So it would be okay if i edited the config right away and send it to you?

i meant i will be nerfing it right now and send it to you so it doesnt have to be nerfed/buffed anymore.

Last edited:

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
Thank you for your feedback , i have a question , why does everyone hate matrix attacks on the server? i mean its pretty much the same as ninja spy's.
As for spookmaster his sound will be loud if you were closer to him , the overlay will stay because that's what hes supposed to do , people usually runs away from his rages , so i put an overlay instead , almost all of my bosses has extra lives , as for BomberZ if i removed half of his abilities he wont be unique anymore and he will be like one of these bosses that just stuns and uber , but we'll see about it , i just need to see how my bosses go on the server , will they get beaten soo fast or will they be fair and balanced? thank you for your suggestions anyway.
Matrix is seen as cheap and overpowered. It lets you fly, teleport to players in range and instantly them. Newcomers might not be good with it, but its not unheard of seeing an experienced player use it and get 10+ kills in a few seconds. Anyways, Spook's sounds should be fine if they work like that, but from what I've heard, overlays can be exploited by editing the image after downloading it and making it transparent. As for BomberZ, don't make him completely vanilla. His damage output and the Seeman rage are the only things that should be changed. Some dislike that ability for the same reasons as the Matrix ability.

An unmodified Red team probably wouldn't be winning against these hales anytime soon. The nerfs also weren't arbitrary, and I did suggest one or two compensatory buffs (like for Ninja Scout, although I didn't know how to go about with Spook or Bomber).

Sadao

Matrix is seen as cheap and overpowered. It lets you fly, teleport to players in range and instantly them. Newcomers might not be good with it, but its not unheard of seeing an experienced player use it and get 10+ kills in a few seconds. Anyways, Spook's sounds should be fine if they work like that, but from what I've heard, overlays can be exploited by editing the image after downloading it and making it transparent. As for BomberZ, don't make him completely vanilla. His damage output and the Seeman rage are the only things that should be changed. Some dislike that ability for the same reasons as the Matrix ability.

An unmodified Red team probably wouldn't be winning against these hales anytime soon. The nerfs also weren't arbitrary, and I did suggest one or two compensatory buffs (like for Ninja Scout, although I didn't know how to go about with Spook or Bomber).
There is a gameplay of spookmaster in youtube , you can check it out , anyway could you list me some changes to the bosses? i will work on them whenever im free.

natsumehack

Anyways, Spook's sounds should be fine if they work like that, but from what I've heard, overlays can be exploited by editing the image after downloading it and making it transparent.

All it takes is a flare jump if I remember right to remove a overlay in ff2. If I remember right.