New Bug? Loadouts Getting Stuck

I've noticed the last few times I've played scout, my loadout will be permanently stuck on whatever it was when i first load in. Swapping loadout slots or changing weapons in the active loadout doesnt make a difference. In game the items won't change. I've only noticed this with scout so far. Seems to be a recent problem within the last few weeks.

Also while I'm at it there seems to be a bug with pyro's secondary weapons not showing special properties (or at least the detonator as thats the only thing I really use). Like skins won't show nor will killstreak sheens. (this has been going on for quite some time so it's probably been brought up but I figured I would mention it)

Denied

jb map maker
You're not the first person to be experiencing this issue, it's a universal issue that has yet to be fixed. Kindly standby.

I've noticed the last few times I've played scout, my loadout will be permanently stuck on whatever it was when i first load in. Swapping loadout slots or changing weapons in the active loadout doesnt make a difference. In game the items won't change. I've only noticed this with scout so far. Seems to be a recent problem within the last few weeks.
This has been going on for about a week, now. Everyone seems to have the issue. Until it gets fixed, you can update your loadout by rejoining the server. (You can use the "retry" console command to do this quickly.)

Also while I'm at it there seems to be a bug with pyro's secondary weapons not showing special properties (or at least the detonator as thats the only thing I really use). Like skins won't show nor will killstreak sheens. (this has been going on for quite some time so it's probably been brought up but I figured I would mention it)
It's a limitation of the game mode. The server replaces some weapons in order for their stats to work; this means that your custom skins, sheens or killstreakers won't be visible. These weapons will also use default FOV.

It's a limitation of the game mode. The server replaces some weapons in order for their stats to work; this means that your custom skins, sheens or killstreakers won't be visible. These weapons will also use default FOV.
ah that sucks. didn't know that. is there a list somewhere of other weapons like that? just curious for my own reference

Nazuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
They work fine, doesn't affect view model FOVs.

As for the loadout issue, it's probably related to the item server. Valve's been doing some stuff with it recently. I haven't run into any problems swapping items.