Camping on MinecraftLand

Should camping the top floor on minecraftland be considered spawn camping?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
So today we had a bit of an argument on minecraftland whether or not camping on the top floor of the bases is considered spawn camping. So i'm making a poll on it. That simple, because everyone seemingly has a different view on it. So place your votes here, should camping on the top floor of the team bases be considered spawn camping: yes or no.

After posting your vote in the poll, also leave a comment below voicing your opinion. Having a higher rank will be considered in the final decision. If you want your opinion to count, leave a comment.

Also, I say it should not be allowed. Camping on the top floor prevents people like snipers from getting a good spot, and if you place it in the right spot you can even camp the base exits. The entire building should be off-limits, not just the bottom floor. But please voice your own opinions below and be honest.

Veigar

Recognized Member
Camping on the upper floor of MC Land bases is just dumb. It is unnecessary, requires previous camping to successfully create a nest--Engineer station or just a whole group of enemies--and leaves the ability to camp from the stairs wide open, which IS considered camping. It should not be allowed.

SillyKitty

It's just something I don't see why it was allowed in the first place. Sentries can be placed on the ledge of the sniper tower, allowing for them to kill people exiting the front door. Teleporters put people directly ontop of the enemy spawn, obviously encouraging spawn camping, and the only way to stop it is to stop having fun and go mess around with the engineer and his army of protectors. 

#Justmytake

Katze

Recognized Member
I'm neutral towards this. On one hand, it's almost impossible to find an effective sentry position anywhere not near the spawn. In my experience being the engie in the upstairs part of spawn, it's incredibly easy for others to destroy your nest without even coming into vision of the sentry. Any number of multiple spies is a huge problem. However, when the nest is well defended, it is almost impossible to take down, unless a demoman shoots from the grass floor to the senty nest, eithr stickies or grenades.

Final Decision: I do NOT think being there is spawncamping. It is not necessary to go to that part of the building to exit spawn, and can simply be ignored by blue team. It can be destroyed easily by spies, a competant demoman, or a sniper that takes the back route out of spawn and snipes the engineer/building.

I don't think it should be allowed. I don't think it's really that fair. Don't really feel like elaborating or typing a huge paragraph on why I don't think it's fair. So yeah, I side with Prac and madame.

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
hmmm, I honestly don't think it's considered spawn camping if they are just sitting there. However I have had incidents where there is a demo there with stickies on the wall and shooting pipes down at out spawn. I would say the qualification if spawn camping would be if someone is hindering another person on another team by injuring them, blocking them, or even killing them.
Quite frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with just standing at the top of someone's spawn waiting for the health to respawn, just don't bother anyone that is leaving their spawn or leave as soon as you got your health. Hope my opinion helps you think about it, I try my best:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SillyKitty

This is an issue for engy nests, just fyi

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
trollmastr said:
hmmm, I honestly don't think it's considered spawn camping if they are just sitting there. However I have had incidents where there is a demo there with stickies on the wall and shooting pipes down at out spawn. I would say the qualification if spawn camping would be if someone is hindering another person on another team by injuring them, blocking them, or even killing them.
Quite frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with just standing at the top of someone's spawn waiting for the health to respawn, just don't bother anyone that is leaving their spawn or leave as soon as you got your health. Hope my opinion helps you think about it, I try my best:)

This isn't about waiting for health packs or demo's on the stairs. Demomen on the stairs is already considered spawn-camping, and passing through for health isn't camping either. We are talking about build a sentry nest up there, or sticky trapping the entire top floor.

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
Practical Problems said:
trollmastr said:

This isn't about waiting for health packs or demo's on the stairs. Demomen on the stairs is already considered spawn-camping, and passing through for health isn't camping either. We are talking about build a sentry nest up there, or sticky trapping the entire top floor.

Ok then, I guess as long as a majority of the other team isn't camping with the engie, it would be easy to take it down and it does encourage some next level strats. This could overall help people improve in tf2, however if it is nearly impossible to take it down,I would say it would be considered spawn camping

Veigar

Recognized Member
Also, the fact that ADMIN+ get their votes counted as two votes and ADMINS get theirs counted as one is ridiculous. Sure, we're ranked by perhaps time spent on the servers, our dedication, and how well we do as admins. But this doesn't mean that a democratically-performed vote should count the people lower than us as less of a vote.

SillyKitty

madame rash said:
Also, the fact that ADMIN+ get their votes counted as two votes and ADMINS get theirs counted as one is ridiculous. Sure, we're ranked by perhaps time spent on the servers, our dedication, and how well we do as admins. But this doesn't mean that a democratically-performed vote should count the people lower than us as less of a vote.

This I don't know how that even became a thing but it seriously shouldn't.

Katze

Recognized Member
madame rash said:
I get 4 votes, for my 3 names, then my Admun+ rank.

I should run for president with muh logics

Barzola

Recognized Member
Well, I would say it's considered spawncamping. It's really annoying. They're just waiting up there for helpless snipers to walk right into a pyro's flamethrower and be singed to a crisp. It's really annoying when i have to take the back exit out of spawn due to spawncamping and then find out that the back exit is being camped as well with 2 effin' engie nests, a pyro, 2 medics, 2 heavies, demoknight, all waiting to farm some kills. Which ends up that the ENTIRE TEAM is spawncamping. AGH. *rage quit*

SillyKitty

Seems pretty clear what everyone wants from the poll

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Well Kris wanted it done with regular admins getting 1 vote and all higher admins getting 2. Based on his method its 8 votes for it being considered spawn-camping, 4 for it not. With everyone being counted fairly with 1 vote each its still 5 for and 2 against. So ya, as it stands now it shouldn't be allowed.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Practical Problems said:
Well Kris wanted it done with regular admins getting 1 vote and all higher admins getting 2. Based on his method its 8 votes for it being considered spawn-camping, 4 for it not. With everyone being counted fairly with 1 vote each its still 5 for and 2 against. So ya, as it stands now it shouldn't be allowed.

Everyone gets the same vote "count" if you will.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
xSpeced said:

Like i said Kris wanted it that way. Doesn't matter, 'Yes' wins either way.

Kris18

Recognized Member
xSpeced said:
Practical Problems said:

It was a bit stupid, admittedly (and I regret suggesting it), but the thought process was that if they don't have the power to ban yet, they shouldn't have as much say in the matter.

Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, this means the detailed rules now are as follows for spawn camping:
  1. Walking down the stairs is (almost goddamn always) disallowed.
  2. Sticking around on the ground floor of the base (longer than necessary) is disallowed. This includes stopping and standing anywhere there and waiting for people to come up.
  3. Placing stickies anywhere on the ground floor of the base is disallowed.
  4. Waiting around on the top floor for extended periods of time, waiting for people to come up is disallowed. (I'm probably going to be a bit lenient with this one, but see rule 5)
  5. Placing any buildings on top of or in the top floor of the enemy's base is strictly disallowed.
  6. Placing any sentry that can lock on to any target on the ground floor of the base is disallowed.
  7. Firing at people as they come up the stairs or preemptively firing bullets and projectiles at the stairs from anywhere on the map is disallowed.
  8. Once someone is outside of their base (passed through a doorway or jumped out the windows), they are entirely fair game and none of these rules apply.
Relevant, I think we should have a forum where only admins can post, but anyone can see (threads autolocked?). It just simply lists the rules of each server. This would allow it to be easy to edit instead of getting Speced to do everything.