New Custom Map Suggestions

Last edited:

Zero1763

It's a shame that some of the ones on this list like 2fortdesk, pineyard, horyuji and I think dunger were on rotation before but removed.
Some other ones on this list look pretty rad except teul imo

Fluquor

Queen of Ice
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Many of these were once in rotation and removed for various reasons, mostly being absurd swings in win ratios between varying bosses and inconsistencies / bad gameplay given the modded / changes made to each class. Plus the rather more hectic & intense round compared to vanilla vsh / ff2.

Anything thats on a small map, or enclosed in a building is asking for problems due to the fact its nearly impossible for the boss to get away from the ball of death that is the red team, making the game needlessly frustrating for the boss and an easy win for the reds. not exactly a fun time for anyone

I wasn't even aware pineyard was removed. good.

Last edited:
Anything thats on a small map, or enclosed in a building is asking for problems due to the fact its nearly impossible for the boss to get away from the ball of death that is the red team, making the game needlessly frustrating for the boss and an easy win for the reds. not exactly a fun time for anyone

I wasn't even aware pineyard was removed. good.
Chamber is still an actively listed map that can be considered one of the smallest maps available, and the winrate is extremely sided to hale towards regular players as far as I've seen, I find small maps are better as hale can easily get to large groups of players and kill them if they have crowd control.

Flametosser

Chamber is still an actively listed map that can be considered one of the smallest maps available, and the winrate is extremely sided to hale towards regular players as far as I've seen, I find small maps are better as hale can easily get to large groups of players and kill them if they have crowd control.
That's another part of the issue. Small maps exaggerate the strengths of bosses who excel at crowd control. This encourages regulars to abuse the gimmicky or broken ones (like Skeleton King, Cuphead, Mewtwo, Hank Hill). They walk away with free wins, while the others are murderized by the ball of death that is the Red Team.

Chambers falls into that boat, except it also floats above a giant death pit, has a teleporter and moving walls. I can't imagine why it was suddenly added back.