Demos

Kona

custom title
This is how to record/locate/watch demos in TF2, which is something every Admin should know how to do, and players should know how to do as well

In order to record/play demos, you need to enable console. To enable console, you need to open "options" click "Advanced" and check "Enable Developers Console"
Q5JfMYc.png

9QQzWic.png

To record a demo, you open console (press "~") and type "record <demo name>". Type "stop" to end the recording
record admin_abuse
record aimbot
stop

The quickest way to find where your recorded demos are located, just open Steam, right-click TF2, click "Properties", click "local files" and "Browse Local Files". Once there, all you do is open the folder called "tf"
bv5gxDD.png

ijvxRFI.png

3ZFV1gT.png

Just type "Playdemo <demo name>" into console
playdemo admin_abuse
playdemo aimbot

Go to your 'tf' folder(see "How to locate demos)

Drag demo into folder

Drag demo onto desktop/destination

Last edited:

SNC

Recognized Member
I would be surprised if any admin didn't as it is one of the requirements, I believe, but good on you anyway. Might want to make this accessible to everyone though.

Breezy Interwebs

I thought it would be some super complicated tutorial on exporting to YouTube and polishing and shit like that.

I was wrong.

AwesomeAim

Recognized Member
I thought it would be some super complicated tutorial on exporting to YouTube and polishing and shit like that.

I was wrong.
To do that, you need to do startmovie name (in console) and then play the demo. When it ends, you'll get a bunch of tga files and a wav file (after typing endmovie). You'll need to use something like sony vegas to put them into an avi/mp4, and then you can upload that to youtube.

Alternatively, you can record the demo itself with recording software, like obs, then upload that.

You can also just save yourself time and simply record yourself in-game, and not have to record a demo at all.