donators?

MvM skins have negative effects on close quarters combat and interpreting where a player is going to go next. Not only that, but they can also negatively impact performance on low tier computers, and can have unintended effects in FF2.

Theoretically the only donor perk that would be not affect gameplay is maybe allowing you to put temporary pro KS on weapons or weapon replacements that did not affect the visuals of said weapon.

I remember VSP Had donator Bosses(a lot of them was stupidly Op), and hitbox changing models Models(quad pony models ). I am happy that other FF2 servers don't do that stuff kind of donator stuff, and shouldn't. As long as yuki has every donator feature Cosmetic (Names, Tags, Models that don't change hitboxes, ect) It should be fine.

I think the robot heavy is bugged though, when a heavy tries to tauntkill it wont show up as an animation
Heavy isn't actually bugged, it's just because there is no added taunt for those in MvM. Mainly the robot version of, "I love Sasha" thing where Heavy hugs his gun, "You, yes YOU! YOU are DEAD!" taunt with the shotgun, and the "Uppercut" is a KGB, FOS, GRU etc. taunt, are the only taunts that can be executed by robots on MvM. Therefore, if you try to "tauntkill" somebody, it'll just show him just standing there. Well I could be wrong since I've played on a server with !robots and tauntkilling without animation was still fun (but wasn't for blues).

The only ideas that I liked are:
-Skeleton Sniper.
-Robot Classes.
-Color name change.
And the other ones are just trash to be honest, paying a key to the owner just to enter and kick someone out of the server whenever it's full? What if the kicked player is a warden or a last guard? Maybe even a red with an LR.
But as mentioned on the other comments... "This won't be SG-gaming anymore, more likely Wonderland" and I agree with that, donator may be fun but with a few commands and stuff and not unfair advantages over blue/red team.

Merpy

Queen of Ice
TF2 Admin
The only ideas that I liked are:
-Skeleton Sniper.
-Robot Classes.
-Color name change.
And the other ones are just trash to be honest, paying a key to the owner just to enter and kick someone out of the server whenever it's full? What if the kicked player is a warden or a last guard? Maybe even a red with an LR.
But as mentioned on the other comments... "This won't be SG-gaming anymore, more likely Wonderland" and I agree with that, donator may be fun but with a few commands and stuff and not unfair advantages over blue/red team.
Always so extravagant with your text and replies...
As for donator perks...
Reserved Player Slot
Custom Models, Ex. Skeleton sniper, NOT fem models... probably only skeleton sniper
An exclusive donator only trail? Not sure what it would look like though.
Server announcement when joining? Perhaps having some message that's at least following some guideline of appropriateness along the lines of... "[Message], <Player> has joined" I'm obviously taking this idea from Glubbable's servers if you play there.
An additional tag or a replacement for (Member) tag with (Donator)

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
The problem with so many servers now adays boil down to modifications and player elitism, but there's no single cause that determines what makes a server good or bad.

You could say that bad management makes a server bad, which is true however that explanation lacks substance considering the amount of factors that go into it.

When I look at a server I will usually determine wether it's good or not based on the following factors:
Management
Playerbase
Plugins
And anything relating to donator privileges

Management is self explanatory to anyone with a brain and so is playerbase. I don't wanna join a server only to be banned permanently for breaking a rule I had no idea existed. However plugins are a different story entirely.

Some people love servers with obnoxious use of chat coloration and people running around with weird trails and player modifcations(FUCKING MVM PLAYERMODELS) that give the server a shitty minecraft feeling of sorts. However I find it to be cancerous and disgusting to look at. You'll see a lot of what I just described on trade servers, however they show up in just about any type of server based on how low you're willing to go on the infamous ping rating.

Another form of plugin use brings me to the topic of this thread. The dreaded and disgusting usermodel known as the donatorfag. Donatorfags is the pinnacle of elitism and shitty management. Not only does it almost guarantee shitty usage of plugins to emulate a 2012 garry's mod experience, but it also pretty much ensures that you're not gonna have as much fun on the server as you might expect from the advertised label. When I join a jailbreak server, I wanna play jailbreak, I don't wanna log in and find myself looking at a scout holding a transparent purple dildo that he paid for with his mom's credit card.

If this doesn't sum up how I feel about donator privileges, idk what will.

Last edited:

Bush-Dog

This. I've always admired how well and consistently managed SG is.
Although the playerbase of SG is 90% toxic with it's shitty memes and squeakers (like any other) it does get credit for balancing around jb while on other servers they are as managed as trying to make a sculpture out of diarrhea.

Seriously, where's the fun in just ordering reds and preventing them from ever rebelling while blus are granted 100% crits and re-entering privileges?

n_n

If you go to other jailbreak servers you will appreciate that while not perfect, SG gaming is managed very well. Admins apply the rules consistently and are very fair. That is what I meant by my previous comment.

Zero1763

If you go to other jailbreak servers you will appreciate that while not perfect, SG gaming is managed very well. Admins apply the rules consistently and are very fair. That is what I meant by my previous comment.
So you mean management and not playerbase, ok

n_n

Playerbase is usually similar everywhere. Just need mods to weed out the garbage. So it kinda goes back to management doing a good job IMO.