Dungeons and Dragons (If you are interested in joining)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
D&D join.png

If you do, thats great! But we need to go over a few things before you join.

1) This is a serious game.

By this I mean, its a game about life in another time/world. You are living in it, so treating it like nothing is something that we can't have. If you don't care, just want to troll, or just want to dick around, don't join.

2) This takes a long time to start up.

Average character creation time: 2 hours. Thats right, it takes 2 hours of paperwork to make a character, and that is with DM (dungeon master) assistance. It takes a player an average of 4 hours to make a character without the DM. So this is something that you will have to take a lot of time out of your life for.

3) You may have to wait.

When the group splits up or leaves one another, sometimes, you will have to wait for other people. This could be a minute, or a few hours. I'll try to make sure everyone can play as much as possible that day, but sometimes, we have to just call it a night and sleep.

4) You need Skype and sometimes Roll20.

Yep, you need Skype to participate. Roll20 is needed for big combats, and Skype is for everything else.

5) Roleplaying is a big part.

Roleplaying is a big part of this game, you get bonus experience for it and it helps everyone enjoy the game world more. If you break immersion by typing slang or using memes, or other forms of modern shit, I may kick you out of the group. If this is a problem for you, don't join.

6) Player killing is allowed.

Player vs Player happens. Its a part of life, conflict may occur and someone may end up with a arrow to the gut or a sword to the head. Be aware of this.

7) Death is cheap.

Everything in this game can kill you. I've had people just starting the game die from tripping down some stairs and breaking their neck on the floor 5 steps down. It happens, and most deaths in this game are not Epic. they are usually sad. So I need people that will be good sports about it and be willing to make a new character if it would occur.

8) This game is about having fun.

We do stupid shit, something happens and someone gets hit in the nuts, or just someone says something and we find it funny. Its a fun game. So relax and try to make it fun for everyone.

Hope you now know some of the things we are warning you about before you think about joining. We can only accept a few people. The next blurb is about the campaign setting, if you read it and find that you just don't want to join it or you just aren't interested in it, don't worry about joining.

The campaign is set in The British Isles around the years 800AD-1200AD. It takes place during a time of peace right after a large scale war was fought in the world. King Richard is about to go on his next crusade, after he has pushed the magical races (Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and other races.) out of the Kingdom. The Pope of the Holy Church of Pelor has ordered the removing of heretics throughout Europe and has now set his sights on the Isles. Magic is viewed as a slight taboo and is uncommon. With the Holy inquisition on the rise, the people's paranoia growing, and with a mastermind's might growing, the world's fate now hinges on a dysfunctional group of party members, each with their own motives.

If you want to join please do the following:

Name: (name here)
Type of character you want to be: (Describe what you want to do in a combat situation)
Do you have Skype: (yes or no)
Are you willing to use Roll20: (yes or no)
What would you want your character's personality to be?: (describe your character.)

Classes we already have: Wizard, Fighter, Rogue, Cleric and Ranger. (try not to duplicate)

Fox Kit

Recognized Member
PLEASE READ THIS I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH

p.s. i prefer you don't go as a rogue as i'm the group rogue. I do most of the sneaking and stealing and I really don't want to babysit someone whilst we are doing something important and risk getting caught. remember, death is cheap...

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
Example application:

Name: Zack
Type of character you want to be: I enjoy illusion and making the enemy look like idiots in combat.
Do you have Skype: Yes
Are you willing to use Roll20: Yes
What would you want your character's personality to be?: Quiet, calculating, and rather morbid and negative. I'd also like to be a loner and do my own thing while relying on people whenever I need to.

Broski.

Recognized Member
Just so some people know, some classes won't work well together if we have multiple rogues for example.

Think about this, we can have multiple fighters
One defensive and one offensive
Same with rangers
One close combat and another at ranged

Something along these lines

Calb

Recognized Member
Name: Black
Type of character you want to be: Probably some long ranged person, not necessarily a bow, but anything that can kill from a long distance.
Do you have Skype: yes
Are you willing to use Roll20: yes
What would you want your character's personality to be?: Calm, Logic Thinker, Easily understands situations, Has a sense of humor, always positive about everything. I'd rather be with a team, but work more efficiently when alone.

Floofy

Recognized Member
I wish i could ;-;. Well now I'm going to insult you to hide my own sadness.
HA HA NERDS. YOU'RE SUCH DORKS PLAYING DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!!! WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO JOIN YOU WEEBS!!!
*starts crying about not being able to have or do things with internet friends*

Edit: I want to but i'm pretty sure you guys know what the deal is rn.

Baron

Recognized Member
I've never actually played D&D before, but I believe that I understand the concept and what I'm actually supposed to do in it.

Name: Kurultai
Type of character you'd like to be: Barbarian (Using a scimitar)
Who'd you be willing to use Skype: Aye
Who'd you be willing to use Roll20: Aye
What would your character's personality be: Savage and berserk, Bloodthirsty, Resourceful, Has a love for gold and anything shiny, Hates civilized life, Despises the Papacy and the West due to witnessing the prosecution and execution of his people, Has respect for fellow fighters, Devoted to protecting the Khaganate and the Tengri faith, Can tolerate working in groups but would rather be alone.

Some back story:
The air was filled with smoke and blood...
While the West crumbles upon itself under internal conflicts, the East thrived with splendor and prosperity. The Khaganate of Buryat, my homeland, was fortunate enough to reap the fruits of this blossoming era.
We grew powerful by the day and our neighboring enemies, whom we once feared, cower beneath their tables as our horde came. I was a mere raider in the horde, looting and sacking at dawn and burning cities by nightfall. Our empire ranged from the Mongolian steppes to the farmlands of Crimea. For decades, peace and stability reigned under the Khaganate.

Then, came the Papacy. Under the guise of their fake God, they sought out to rid the world of any that do not agree with their doctrine. The Khaganate being one of them. As the men with crosses on their chests and steel for a head came, I witnessed the devastation that was inflicted upon my people. Villages burnt, cattle and goats slaughtered, children, women, and the eldery are forced to march until their very last breath runs out. I shall never forget the faces of the afflicted
Fortunately, peace has been reached but my people were embarassed, beyond imagination. I refuse to allow this humiliation go unscathed.

Last edited:

Festive Young Dragon

Recognized Member
You have peaked my interest, i might join.

One Up

Recognized Member

Tricky

•~•
Well this post is made to turn away people that don't want to follow the few "rules" that are there.
It's not that, it's just I'd be a noob and i don't want to drag anyone down :C

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
It's not that, it's just I'd be a noob and i don't want to drag anyone down :C
Everyone in this group minus me is a noob to DnD 3.5

Its not a big deal if you are new to it, just as long as you are willing to learn the rules and all.

Deathstroke2312

Recognized Member
Name: Justus
Combat Type: Ranger (Long bow with 2 knives for CQC)
Split personalities
1:Calm and collective person who is silent mostly. Very persuasive when talking at all and somewhat cynical. Prefers using bow and silence to kill enemies. Quick kills without fail. Will use knives if necessary but is not great unless in personality 2. Will be in this personality commonly and will break from the insanity of personality 2 after about 10 minutes.
2: Very cynical and insane. This second personality was brought upon by the years of exteme mental and physical torture brought upon by the witness of my people's death and my torture to confess where our treasures and survivors were during the first crusade . Morbid sense of humor and loves to kill or torture for fun. Relies less on bow and more on knives, but is extremely vulnerable as in this state I am in a manic state and love to slowly kill my targets. Can interact with allies and NPC's in this state although the thoughts are morbid. EXTREMELY paranoid so do not sneak up on me or suddenly move towards me or I will attack. This state appears under circumstances of extreme physical or mental trauma or when reminded of my past by scenes of mass murder of innocents.
Yeah i pretty much wrote my bio off the top of my head but I hope it's good enough
Edits: just realized I might not be on for the majority of the time and also skype:yes
Roll20:yes

Last edited:

Moashu

Recognized Member
OH MY HOLY STUPID FREAKIN CRAP PUT ME IN PLSSS

Name:Silver
Type of character: Person who uses one arm like a claw like this guy
Rusty%20Hearts.jpg

(Sry if its too big idk why it is)
Willing to use Roll20: Probably so (in short yes once i know what it is)
Do I have skype: Yes
Character's Personality: Energetic, Charming, Positive and cares about his friends/teammates.

Beast

Recognized Member
Name: Sersus
Type of character you want to be: Cultist (Shadow Priest characteristics, from World of Warcraft.)
Do you have Skype: Yes
Are you willing to use Roll20: Sure (I've already set up an account w/ tutorial completed)
What would you want your character's personality to be? A cultist would be maleficent in nature, with pessimistic views on the world the characters live in. Since the world is based around the Pope and Christianity, it would make sense for my character to be anti-social/ separated from society and rely on the Great Old Ones/ Outer Gods/ Elder Gods/ Old Gods to guide him instead of God.
(tl;dr Works alone, barely works co-operatively, trusts the gods over party members/friends.)

I never got around to making an application. My apologies if it's a little late.

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
"rely on the Great Old Ones/ Outer Gods/ Elder Gods/ Old Gods to guide him instead of God.
I never got around to making an application. My apologies if it's a little late.

There are many gods in the d&d universe. And its not late, we are still accepting "applications" (if you want to call them that)

Last edited:

Beast

Recognized Member
There are many gods in the d&d universe. And its not late, we are still accepting "applications" (if you want to call them that)
Good to know, a lot of the "greater deities" are just gods from random mythologies, including Cthulu mythos though.

edit: I feel like the deities in D&D is just combinations of other mythologies. I bet they are split too (such as Nyx, Apollo, Artemis, and Zeus all being greek; Arbos, Darkness, Zalgo and Balthazar being Cthulu mythos.)

edit 2: Holy crap they have the flying spaghetti monster.

Last edited:

Festive Young Dragon

Recognized Member
Name: Kore
Type of character you want to be: Likes to fight in the back or front of the group, Mostly back to help and heal the injured and rest the minds of the weary.
Do you have Skype:Yes
Are you willing to use Roll20: Yes
What would you want your character's personality to be?: Is a good fighter and has a strong heart, Speaks and praises god(May annoy some people), Is loyal and trusting in others, most of the time.

(may I use cleric, or make a healing class?)

Status
Not open for further replies.