Few changes

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Here is a list of changes made to the servers. These changes are identical to all SG TF2 servers unless otherwise stated.
  • You no longer lose points on death. (You will still see a "You lost 0 points message")
  • All kills are now worth 1 points (headshots will give 2)
  • Voting will no longer output non-essential data to client console.
  • Player Names changed to green. (Jailbreak only)
  • Informational text changed to only appear once every 45 seconds instead of 30.
  • 6 maps are now options to be voted (Map rotation servers only)
  • Extending the map option is now available (Map rotation servers only)
  • Added command !site for access the site via the in-game browser
  • Added command !news to access our "blog" and to keep up with SG via the in-game browser
  • Chat tags are now only updated every 6 minutes. (Does not apply to Store tags)
  • Admin powers are now only refreshed every 4 minutes.
  • Server cleanup has been done
  • Spawn protection now protects you for 5 seconds upon spawning (MCL & Orange)
  • Rank now only shows to the player in chat. (No more spamming chat on join and no panel)
  • Store credits are now given out every 5 minutes.
  • Store credits given are now between 6 to 12 credits every 5 minutes.
  • You can now check your rank every 5 seconds if you so please.

Last edited:

Thresher

Recognized Member
Do you mean player names as in inside the chat?
Also does this mean the short circuit wont give 30 points?

Kris18

Recognized Member
  • All kills are now worth 1 points (headshots will give 2)
I'm sure we can agree that a minigun kill is generally easier than say, a flaregun kill, but I have no complaints. Will scores be retroactively adjusted to be kills + headshot kills?

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
I'm sure we can agree that a minigun kill is generally easier than say, a flaregun kill, but I have no complaints. Will scores be retroactively adjusted to be kills + headshot kills?
Some may get bumps in the future but at the moment 1 per kill and 1 extra on headshot kills are fine.

Manks

Recognized Member
Solly's lose in every way point wise ;-;
anyways, great update. Thank you!

Thresher

Recognized Member
Can we have the bleeding weapons back? Its hard enough to rebel. The new rules encourage waiting for LR and bleeding weapons helped reverse that. They helped bring about rebellions and made the game Jailbreak not Jailstay. I mean really. They were fun and taught Blues a lesson if they got to close. If they were overpowered, then a simple debuff would be fine, but removing them completely? Come on.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Can we have the bleeding weapons back? Its hard enough to rebel. The new rules encourage waiting for LR and bleeding weapons helped reverse that. They helped bring about rebellions and made the game Jailbreak not Jailstay. I mean really. They were fun and taught Blues a lesson if they got to close. If they were overpowered, then a simple debuff would be fine, but removing them completely? Come on.
This isn't the thread for it. It wasn't removed because it was overpowered. It was causing the jailbreak plugin to error out for whatever goddamn reason. Remember how traps take like 10 seconds to kill people?