New FF2 Boss Hitbox Errors

Not anything dire, but I figured I would just make a short list of the bosses with hitbox errors:

Missing headshot hitbox:
-Pyro Shark

-Pootis Bird

-King Dedede(on a side note, also missing summons and only summons are super weak)

-Hatty

-Hank Hill

-Beep Man(this is a generic issue with this boss that every version/server has(Joe may have a fixed version of this one))

All of these are tested several times with the ambassador at multiple angles versus a hale standing still. Just a PSA.

Fluquor

Queen of Ice
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Even if we cared we couldn't fix it. If you would like, you can fix the model yourself and then send it over or find someone that can and is trusted. Alternatively, stop using the ambassador. Unless you're going to die if you can't use it, then... once again, go fix the model yourself or find someone that can. We don't make bosses and or edit their models

Eggs

Even if we cared we couldn't fix it. If you would like, you can fix the model yourself and then send it over or find someone that can and is trusted. Alternatively, stop using the ambassador. Unless you're going to die if you can't use it, then... once again, go fix the model yourself or find someone that can. We don't make bosses and or edit their models
pepega

Yeah, I'm gonna start using alternate spy primaries, but it's always worth making a list since there's always a chance a modeler who enjoys the server comes along and sees this(actually how previous servers I played on got models corrected).

Forgot to add One Punch Man and Administrator to the list. Albeit, it's entirely possible I just aimed poorly verse the Administrator.

Not anything dire, but I figured I would just make a short list of the bosses with hitbox errors:

Missing headshot hitbox:
-Pyro Shark

-Pootis Bird

-King Dedede(on a side note, also missing summons and only summons are super weak)

-Hatty

-Hank Hill

-Beep Man(this is a generic issue with this boss that every version/server has(Joe may have a fixed version of this one))

All of these are tested several times with the ambassador at multiple angles versus a hale standing still. Just a PSA.
Hey there. I remember you bringing this up to me on the server about Hank's head hitbox. Well, I did some research and figured out how to fix it. Proof goes here: 20190130081417_1.jpg

As you can see, I am now able to paint the wall with his grey matter. However, it does take editing the model and recompiling it to work. The best part is though, the model only needs to be changed server side. No name changes, .cfg editing, or requiring clients to download a new version is necessary. Just drop the model in and let it overwrite the one with the bad hitboxes.

If I get a green light from an Admin, I can fix and post fixed versions of all the bosses you listed here for them to be updated.
Except for maybe Dedede, simply due to how much larger his model is compared to his hitboxes. If I adjusted them to be more accurate, anyone who plays him is just gonna get melted...

Ivy

TF2 Admin
If I get a green light from an Admin, I can fix and post fixed versions of all the bosses you listed here for them to be updated.
Go for it! Something like that never needs approval from an admin, and any community created content (especially content that fixes issues) being created is encouraged! (even bad content! see ba_sinccinatti). I'd make a new thread for it if I were you, though.

Last edited:

Gearthicc

...what was that all about...?

Thanks a ton, Bone! That's awesome that you did that so quickly!

I will take a look for some of the existing model corrections I know of and get them together.

Edit:
Got the Google Drive link from an old servers forums that has a fix for Beep Man and One Punch Man(listed as Saitama).

Last edited: