[FF2] Game Mechanic Change Suggestion

darkloor

Right now, if there are only scouts left alive, the boss steadily generates rage. I think this should not be the case, because arguably soldiers can be harder to kill than scouts with good rocket jumping. Also, if the boss has only has 500 health and would not be able to kill the scout without rage, they will camp for 30 seconds to get rage and then solo rage the scout, which is very lame. Overall, I don't think this rage generation mechanic is necessary, especially since scouts arguably are not the hardest class to kill in this game mode.

I would say some other options could be:

1: Enable other classes to allow the boss to generate rage too, but, if they're within the top three or five remaining.
Like if last three or five are all a mix of scout, soldier, demo, pyro or engie, then the boss shall generate rage slowly as if it were one scout left with the current rules.

2. Enable other classes to allow generation if it is only many of one class, like currently, if the last remaining players were all scouts, (iirc) the boss will generate rage to how many are left.

i.e "5 scouts left = 5 rage per second", but for other classes too like "5 sollys/pyros/engie/demo = 5 rage/second."

3. Boss generation if the last three(or five) are top scoring and alive, regardless of class.

4. Or a mix of any in any way or form. Self-explanatory with this one.

just a thought. perchance

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
I'm not keen on passive rage gain myself. I could see it being necessary to curb Scouts back in the day, but it does encourage stalling. I think ideally it wouldn't be needed - so in my opinion, the best approach would be to do rebalancing so runaways are less effective and don't last as long.

Some examples:
  1. Rebalancing player weapons and gimmicks that improve survivability or are disruptive (and buffing their alternatives).
    Survivability being base stats, healing or mobility. I realize this is vague, there's just a lot of examples I could use, e.g Hype, Gunboats, Engie's Panic Attack, FoN / Airblast / Loose...
  2. Increasing player knockback resistance so surfing melee hits is less effective and bosses can more easily follow up.
  3. Reworking BHop decay, so above a threshold (example; Scout speed), decay scales proportionally to your speed.
    This targets blast jumpers and surfing. It would affect bosses, so I'd maybe give them a small speed buff in case.