FF2 Revert/Removal Suggestion

Ham

New Poster
A lot of other players and I have been complaining in unison about the latest changes and map additions.
Please remove the following:
vsh_foreststation - The train that passes by is way too quiet for anyone to hear.
vsh_turtleshell - The map is very performance heavy, and has caused the server to crash.
vsh_brewery - Very boxed in and cramp map.

Please revert the following:
Re-add vsh_aaaaa - The map was made specifically for the server. Memes aside, the layout is probably one of the better ones out of any of the maps in the current list.
Restore old bunnyhop - Everyone unanimously agrees on this, I've yet to see anyone advocate for the newer bunnyhop, and it's been almost nothing but complaints.
Revert vsh_apg - Nobody enjoys the new layout.
Re-add vsh_military_area - There was nothing wrong with it.

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
Re-add vsh_aaaaa - The map was made specifically for the server. Memes aside, the layout is probably one of the better ones out of any of the maps in the current list.
Was it made specifically for the server? The map creator played here, I don't recall them mentioning this.

Regarding the layout of vsh_aaaaa, the low roof of the middle area makes it very claustrophobic. Players can safely camp on top of the sniper walls and rain hell on the boss while they're being swarmed (like on vsh_Toyfort). Then there are the waterfalls, which can apply Mad Milk and allow the Red team to heal off damage dealt.

Restore old bunnyhop - Everyone unanimously agrees on this, I've yet to see anyone advocate for the newer bunnyhop, and it's been almost nothing but complaints.
Aside from what Yuki said in their post, I've seen multiple experienced players agree that the newer bhop feels smoother. The change was just sudden, and it was too precise and not responsive enough at first.

Revert vsh_apg - Nobody enjoys the new layout.
The new apg's a bit smaller and has a layout that's noticeably easier to navigate. Rounds are less likely to be unnecessarily prolonged by players having to chase eachother around, which is good.

Re-add vsh_military_area - There was nothing wrong with it.
What have you been drinking, and is there enough of it to share with the rest of us?

Long post, but out of these, I agree with removing vsh_turtleshell_pond. That map is really hard on performance.

Last edited: