fix the vote menu

eggcelent

Recognized Member
So for one thing it takes like the whole server to say yes to the vote, usually if someone mass freekills they do not get teambanned because not enough people voted yes. it is a problem when people spam it too, limit it to a person can only do this menu like every 10 or 20 minutes. please fix this for the better.

Midnight

Recognized Member
What I heard was the usual % required for vote bans is 90, but Yuki lowered it to %85 and I don't think that's getting changed.

Mr. Burnham

Recognized Member
Usually, from what Ive seen, players dont press any buttons at all when theres a vote. Or, they just wouldnt care and press 5 (No).

Snap

TF2 Admin
Then we'd have the opposite problem of votes passing when they shouldn't be.

Exactly. Everyone can complain about the vote menu but it's still able to do its job. You need to get everyone on board with the situation happening so that you can pass a successful vote, but if we lowered the threshold then more abuse of the vote menu will happen.

"But they won't stop calling votes on me, REEE! I hate the vote menu, remove it!!!!1!eleven!!"

That's exactly why the vote menu has such a high threshold, because people abuse it. It's an unintended side effect of being able to use a vote system to ban players without the aid of an admin. Would you rather have to rely on an admin to hop on for a freekiller or would you like to put your collective big boy pants on and deal with them yourself? Tell people why you're killing them, don't pull a @MattHattZak123 .

"BUT THAT'S YOUR JOB SNAP, YOU ARE AN ADMIN. GET ON THE SERVER FOR THIS FREEKILLER!"

Yeah sure, I will do that. I play a good bit of the game every day specifically on Jailbreak, and I like to make sure everyone's having fun. What happens though when I'm in the middle of another game? Sometimes you aren't able to reach myself or other admins at the moment. I've personally tried to tell everyone I play with how to handle things when an admin isn't online but you guys still scream and yell about it. Just record a demo and submit it. Record a demo, call a vote, then call an admin if the vote doesn't work after a few tries.

The vote menu should not be removed, and the threshold should not be lowered. Stop whining about not being able to do something when you don't bother to learn how to work with what you have. The vote menu is a literal godsend in the right hands, learn how to convince people to press 4 instead of just spamming "PRESS 4 JESUS CHRIST"

MattHattZak123

Recognized Member
#PullAMattHattZak123