Freak Fortress? more like hide and go seek...

Do you think we should implement an afk and or 1v1 beacon?

• Sure we could try both.

• We could just try the afk one.

• We could just try the 1v1 one.

• I prefer not to add beacons.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kenny Omega

Recognized Member
Fine fine then why not add a delay to the jump to or increase charge time. This slows the hale down in how frequent he uses it and the delay depending on if you delay the jumping after you release the charge or just delay how fast he charges. 1 can mess up where the player goes if they dont factor the delay so they time the strafes and crouch wrong or 2 it is like the second hand on a clock but slower ticks

natsumehack

Fine fine then why not add a delay to the jump to or increase charge time. This slows the hale down in how frequent he uses it and the delay depending on if you delay the jumping after you release the charge or just delay how fast he charges. 1 can mess up where the player goes if they dont factor the delay so they time the strafes and crouch wrong or 2 it is like the second hand on a clock but slower ticks

I don't mind this idea, but this will hurt Bosses fighting Red Delayers who know Bhop/Explosive jump non stop.

Kenny Omega

Recognized Member
Thats why I suggested multiple ways of doing it. 1 change in accuracy of jump like it has the effect of the beggars bazooka in a way. 2 Increase the amount of charge this doesnt change how fast it charges but the charge it’s self like making the capacity higher but same output. 3 Change the rate of charge where its same capacity but it isnt the same output in how good the jump is.

Kenny Omega

Recognized Member
This may sound like a weird idea but slow every class down by the same amount so the differences in speed between each other is the same but they’re all slower in general this makes it where you cant delay bt trying to bhop because of the decreased speed. I am including hale in this to btw

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
@Kenny Omega I agree with increased charge times, but a delay or random spread on jumping would be awkward. Those remove player control over the ability and would make it feel like a messy game of guesswork and luck. When a hale charges their jump, they expect it to have an immediate effect and propel them into their desired direction as soon as it's ready.

I think @BarkingChaos made some good arguments earlier. First being that super jumping is already somewhat ineffective since it's easily interrupted, and if nerfed risks making it too easy for Red to mob and kill the hale. Second being that non super jump hales suck, which is understandable since they can't divebomb, bhop, and have to teleport randomly if things go south.

I still stand behind my previous suggestion for nerfing super jumps, but to address the issues raised by Barking, I think all hales could benefit from extra knockback resistance as compensation. Even a 25% increase would make it a bit easier to hold your own and make your charged jumps harder to interrupt. It could also triple as an indirect buff to non super jump hales.

Kenny Omega

Recognized Member
Okay but what I meant was in the initial jump the hale goes in a random direction then the player can control where it goes this also helps newer players because most of them cant strafe and this helps them in a way. I agree with knockback resistance but then nerf the jump. But a base buff of knockback resistance is needed but if its to much then do a minor nerf.

natsumehack

Why don't we just impose an 8-minute match limit on the round like literally everyother server

Nani?

Couple things.

1. We already have a 11 minute(used to be I think 13-15 minute) round timer.

2. What other ff2 servers do you play with time limits that effect the whole round? I've played many servers, and almost all of them don't even give a time limit till around two players left.

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Why don't we just impose an 8-minute match limit on the round like literally everyother server
The primary reason for having such a more prolonged round than other ff2 server is because everything is scaled much higher, and the boss health is scaled much harder than red team's weapons. What makes this version of ff2 even winnable for red players is that instead of only taking one hit from the boss, they can take 2 provided they don't take any follow-up damage.