New FRLR Voice commands

I agree, I use an fps script and it unbinds all of the voice command menus, and im too lazy to rebind it, or many people dont even know how to. And whenever a warden goes "last reaction say sentry ahead" im literally stuck there with nothing to do but die!

Zero1763

Complains about the health being changed but doesn't complain about the unbinding of voicecoms<
Sounds like a you problem if you unbind the keys
4Head

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
Complains about the health being changed but doesn't complain about the unbinding of voicecoms<
Sounds like a you problem if you unbind the keys
4Head
Just seems unnecessary. More often than not it just ends up with 1 person being unable to do anything and the other guy taking his sweet time finding it. Why not keep the commands simple so the round can be over with(which you clearly want since you're too uncreative to come up with a 2 player minigame within that time).

Wickednick

Just seems unnecessary. More often than not it just ends up with 1 person being unable to do anything and the other guy taking his sweet time finding it. Why not keep the commands simple so the round can be over with(which you clearly want since you're too uncreative to come up with a 2 player minigame within that time).
I mean, your fault for not havin em bound

Zero1763

For the same reason people do simon says or say crouch walk instead of bomb rush, simply because of the fact that you can
I mean, your fault for not havin em bound

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
For the same reason people do simon says or say crouch walk instead of bomb rush, simply because of the fact that you can
Simon says promotes trick commands, which I am strongly against. And crouch walking does serve a purpose, it let's the warden handle the reds easier.

Wickednick

Simon says promotes trick commands, which I am strongly against. And crouch walking does serve a purpose, it let's the warden handle the reds easier.
Those games also allow the warden to control the reds easier, quick games that wittle out the weak

By your logic, being against trick orders, waypoints would also be bad?

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
Those games also allow the warden to control the reds easier, quick games that wittle out the weak
That's a very different scenario, and those are 2 distinctively different forms of control. Crouch walking allows the warden to lead reds at a pace in which blues can keep up and hold the backline, and it essentially removes all chances of getting into the warden's melee range. Which is a necessary form of control when you're going from one side of the map to the other.

FRLR offers a different kind of control, where you quickly eliminate reds in order to finish the round. The game itself is pretty garbage and comes with a whole bunch of issues in regards to ping and this very issue the thread is about. Honestly if I could have it removed I would but it wouldn't bode well with the server. However an easy way to eliminate most of these issues would be to have strict rules regarding ping differences and by keeping the commands themselves simple. Steps had already been taken to prevent large ping differences however not enough people cared because there was no real rule against it, just a command nobody knew how to use. I would love to get back to that issue however this thread is in regards to voicecom commands.

By your logic, being against trick orders, waypoints would also be bad?
How are waypoints trick orders? Are you referring to situations where the warden specifies an exact amount of times to go to a waypoint? Or times where they'll say to go to every odd waypoint? Because if that's what you're referring to then yes, they are trick orders and I would absolutely want them removed. However when using them for the purpose of getting the reds from point A to B, there is no issue with them and I don't see your argument.

Wickednick

How are waypoints trick orders? Are you referring to situations where the warden specifies an exact amount of times to go to a waypoint? Or times where they'll say to go to every odd waypoint? Because if that's what you're referring to then yes, they are trick orders and I would absolutely want them removed.
Smoothbrain cringe bruh forehead moment above

Also again, your fault for not having voicecomms bound, no reason to remove em