[Halp] Might be getting a new PC...(Finally)

Tricky

•~•
So title says all.
I am going to build a PC soon (probably within the next month)
I has a mac currently that is from Late-2012. It's been a good 5 years. It almost died on me completely due to hard-drive failing, and its overall badness now.
Next month is when I will get the money to do so (got it from some complicated and personal reason)
But I don't know what to necessarily get in order to build one.
I obviously want a cheap build (~500$) but that is able to run games smoothly at least on mediums.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($75.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($53.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: AMD Powercolor R9 270X ($100 @ eBay)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.44 @ OutletPC)
Total: $406.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-28 20:19 EST-0500
*Note: GPU is used*
Don't know what Monitor to get either.
I dont know where to find good used parts.
I do want to hear actual suggestions, feedback, etc.
Anything that can keep good quality but also is cheaper is really grateful.
*Note 2: Also I dont know anything about installing OS of Windows once I do make this project do come true, so if any of you nerds (jk i luv u) know how to, pls do tell thx*

The Incognito

Recognized Member
With $25 you can get a decent PC lol

Tricky

•~•
Prostitution is not that complicated.
No, it's an actual issue within family that allows me to do so within the next month hopefully.
(Like I said, complicated, dont want to talk about it)

Snowball

Recognized Member
Also I dont know anything about installing OS of Windows once I do make this project do come true, so if any of you nerds (jk i luv u) know how to, pls do tell thx*
Ey don't worry about it, you got me. c:
Sounds like a pretty tight budget you got there. It's good you're getting a new PC, cause Macintosh's ain't really decent when it comes to games, they're more like a productive kind of computer.

Dawgicorn

Recognized Member
Get an SSD

Tricky

•~•
Ey don't worry about it, you got me. c:
Sounds like a pretty tight budget you got there. It's good you're getting a new PC, cause Macintosh's ain't really decent when it comes to games, they're more like a productive kind of computer.
Yeah,
They are more for productive stuff (rendering and editing videos type of stuff) and it's really user-friendly usually.
However, I always preferred Windows, especially 7.
And it is, but that's because I am from a family that isn't quite in the middle-class due to our financial stability/how we got here.
But I mean, I probably will give away the Mac to my brother (he has a computer from '07, rarely uses computers but its something better than nothing)
However, it's just that I had this for 5 freakin' years and it's time I get something that will be playable.
Pentium G4560 (Kaby Lake) is really good for a budget like this.
Overlooked however it performs relatively well compared to a i3.
R9 270x is 3 years old but is still really good for what its worth.
I mean, I don't think the monitor would be an issue persay. I think I can exclude that into another thing.
So I mean, if you know any other items that could replace another for relatively cheaper/any better items in general that won't hurt the budget would be helpful
(Also ty for being there of the Installation then <3 )
Get an SSD
I have considered it.
The only Issue I have getting one is that the Storage. Yes it is faster (some might say faster than necessary) I find the Hard Drive fine and fast that I need. In the future after I do get the project. I might include that as a later installation (where I would mainly put the OS and essentials).

One Up

Recognized Member
From what I can take on this, and I've had multiple PCs, those particularly in the Lower to Mid Range:
Here's some notes.
Processor: Your Processor is far too weak, I'd actually look into getting an i3-Desktop Processor and those only cost about $30 -$45 more. The idea here is that the Pentium is good for a starter build, the idea is that it's just not the most supportive, unless you get 2 Pentiums and have 2 processors, 4 cores, making it a Quad Core. The i3s are more reliable and the idea here is that they are a lot stronger and support far more things than the Pentium does.
Motherboard:
The only problem one would have is that it doesn't support the parts that you have or that there's too much power consumption. For the most part, you're good here. You can buy Motherboards that have built-in OS support like a Motherboard that supports Windows 10 and comes with it supported. If you don't change this option, I'd say go with Windows 7 or Windows 10. Screw Windows 8 and 8.1
Memory:
8 GB of Ram, I mean that's do-able and for the most part you're getting a starting Gaming Desktop so what do you expect? In the future, I'd upgrade this though but given your budget, you're fine.
Storage: A 1 TB Hard Drive is sufficient.
Graphics: Oh boy, I do love this setup. It's an R9 270x that supports up to 2 GB of VRAM, that's actually the most distinguishing factor about your PC. However, your Graphics Processor is more powerful than your CPU. This is border-line bottlenecking, however you should be fine, right? (@Snowball) The idea here is that you would want to keep this GPU cooled because the one thing about AMD and their products is that they will burn out on you. After doing some research, I've concluded that you'll be fine.
Power Supply: 500W EVGA? I say that's more than enough and will help you. That's pretty good.

Overall, good setup, I'd be careful about your CPU though, and with the leftover money than you have, either get more RAM or a better Processor, or both!

Tricky

•~•
From what I can take on this, and I've had multiple PCs, those particularly in the Lower to Mid Range:
Here's some notes.
Processor: Your Processor is far too weak, I'd actually look into getting an i3-Desktop Processor and those only cost about $30 -$45 more. The idea here is that the Pentium is good for a starter build, the idea is that it's just not the most supportive, unless you get 2 Pentiums and have 2 processors, 4 cores, making it a Quad Core. The i3s are more reliable and the idea here is that they are a lot stronger and support far more things than the Pentium does.
Motherboard:
The only problem one would have is that it doesn't support the parts that you have or that there's too much power consumption. For the most part, you're good here. You can buy Motherboards that have built-in OS support like a Motherboard that supports Windows 10 and comes with it supported. If you don't change this option, I'd say go with Windows 7 or Windows 10. Screw Windows 8 and 8.1
Memory:
8 GB of Ram, I mean that's do-able and for the most part you're getting a starting Gaming Desktop so what do you expect? In the future, I'd upgrade this though but given your budget, you're fine.
Storage: A 1 TB Hard Drive is sufficient.
Graphics: Oh boy, I do love this setup. It's an R9 270x that supports up to 2 GB of VRAM, that's actually the most distinguishing factor about your PC. However, your Graphics Processor is more powerful than your CPU. This is border-line bottlenecking, however you should be fine, right? (@Snowball) The idea here is that you would want to keep this GPU cooled because the one thing about AMD and their products is that they will burn out on you. After doing some research, I've concluded that you'll be fine.
Power Supply: 500W EVGA? I say that's more than enough and will help you. That's pretty good.

Overall, good setup, I'd be careful about your CPU though, and with the leftover money than you have, either get more RAM or a better Processor, or both!
The thing about this specific Pentium,
is that Intel has given it the power to hyperthread. While yes, it has 2 cores, it can basically run like a Quad-Core by using hyper thread. The results are that it is a bit lower than i3-6100, however you are getting a really good price for it, 25% cheaper for 90% of an i3? That's a really good bargain. (Also comes with its own cooler, like any processor that isn't K)
The motherboard, I did change it to a ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard due the H110M Mobos would have to update their Bios for the CPU with a skylake processor. I dont have one of those so I went with a B250M (a Bit more expensive, however still worth.)
8 GB is enough to last me for the long run, obviously I will upgrade to 16 GB if I do have the chance to. (My friend says it is the reason why he can't play DOOM Ultra Settings, due to only having 8 GB)
Graphics: After doing extensive research, I am considering to switch to a Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card because it is obviously a heftier price but it can give a really good FPS with ultra settings when used with the Laby Lake (I've seen numerous benchmarks with it with all different kinds of game (GTA V, BF1, etc). While yes, it will bottleneck other higher-end GPUs (like the 1070s), it pairs perfectly with the RX 470.
I might add an SSD if the budget fits well/if I can find used parts. But obviously, I am going to do more research and ask any computer enthusiast redditors for any advices.

Astral

Recognized Member
So title says all.
I am going to build a PC soon (probably within the next month)
I has a mac currently that is from Late-2012. It's been a good 5 years. It almost died on me completely due to hard-drive failing, and its overall badness now.
Next month is when I will get the money to do so (got it from some complicated and personal reason)
But I don't know what to necessarily get in order to build one.
I obviously want a cheap build (~500$) but that is able to run games smoothly at least on mediums.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($75.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($53.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: AMD Powercolor R9 270X ($100 @ eBay)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.44 @ OutletPC)
Total: $406.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-28 20:19 EST-0500
*Note: GPU is used*
Don't know what Monitor to get either.
I dont know where to find good used parts.
I do want to hear actual suggestions, feedback, etc.
Anything that can keep good quality but also is cheaper is really grateful.
*Note 2: Also I dont know anything about installing OS of Windows once I do make this project do come true, so if any of you nerds (jk i luv u) know how to, pls do tell thx*

You can try such sites as amazon or newegg to help buy parts and if you want to know how compatible they are you can use pcpartpicker and another great site it Tomshardware they do cars and computers and smartphones and they help with pc problems and stuff. The build you have in mind is good but i would switch from AMD to nvidia but like look for whats compatible.