Honest guide to becoming a jb admin

Denied

jb map maker
I'd say I'm a pretty controversial person when it comes to sg, I get into a lot of disagreements with other admins and I don't particularly like sg as a whole. However I did become an admin, which is more than enough experience necessary to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

This guide is gonna be spread out into random tidbits of information. I have a lot of things to say about this topic, however this "guide" is more of a thread for admins to post their thoughts on the matter.

Few things to note:
-This guide has nothing to do with being an admin, this is purely about how to get accepted.
-All admins have downsides, this isn't something you can avoid.
-My views don't apply to everyone, I am in no way saying that everything stated in this thread is fact
-I could care less for trade/ff2/orange
-All information stated in this guide is based on personal experience, no seperate parties were asked for their thoughts

If you honestly want to become an admin, the first step is to play the game actively. By playing the game you're not only cementing rules into your head, you are also making your presence more apparant to the current admin roster. The more admins that are aware of your existance the better.

Don't randomly add admins expecting them to recognize you, because 90% of the time we won't. It's common for admins to recieve friend requests(since people need ways to contact us). But believe it or not we do have lives, and we do other shit than just admin work. Meaning that if you add us and we don't recognize you, then you might aswell be a trader/scammer/other. If you're going to add an admin, atleast tell us why.

Engage in conversation more often, this can matter just in general but it especially matters when you talk to admins. Admins don't always want to talk to you, but we have no reason to get mad at you for trying. And if you manage to peek our intrest you can probably get respect or recognition out of it. When applying, admins are your main source of +support and -support on your app. So if you leave a good impression, you're gonna end up more likely to get it.

Start actually reading the rules. Plenty of people apply with a lack of knowledge regarding the rules, because instead of actually reading them they learned from others how the game should be played. You may think that you know the rules but I guarantee you that if you've never read them you are going to end up with atleast 3 unwritten rules left in your head.

Stop arguing with admins regarding rules you haven't actually read. It's fine to argue with admins regarding rules that you know exist. But if you don't have evidence for a rules existance you're only gonna end up wasting our time due to your own lack of compitence. If you have done this recently, please stay the fuck away from the application form.

Learn how to actually deal with intentional rulebreakers. This is very important for admins and players alike, you need to understand how rulebreakers think and how to deal with them before applying. If a rulebreaker joins the server, call a voteban and wait. Don't start spamming "FREEKILLER" in chat like we didn't just see him blow up a group of people for no reason. If there is no admin on, try calling one on. If there is none available, I suggest leaving the server and coming back later. There are many ways to deal with rulebreakers, but giving them attention isn't one of them.

Learn how to record and share demos. This is useful for many reasons, but most importantly for the complaint section. Google how to record a demo and start using the report section more often.

Stop spamming the forums to fill out your 10 approved posts. You can get 10 approved posts by posting on threads instead of actually making them. And while you're at it, try not to make nonsense content.

Make sure you're ready to become an admin. Ask some admins before applying, it works wonders for your reputation. But before contacting those admins, make sure you're ready to deal with obnoxious children and mental patients. I've made this comparison countless times in the past and I'll make it again, admins are tard guards. People laugh when I say it but I doubt they actually understand how true that statement is.

Stop acting like a fetus. There are many ways to cut back on fetusfaggotry. But in all honesty you'll have to ask around for different opinions when it comes to this.

If you have anything to add, please feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Fresh n Fruity

Recognized Member
Great guide, but on the +/- support, I'm pretty sure that method of admin applications has been discontinued; them being made private and so on.

Denied

jb map maker
Great guide, but on the +/- support, I'm pretty sure that method of admin applications has been discontinued; them being made private and so on.
Admins will be able to view the next wave of applications according to @Yuki , correct me if I'm wrong.

Wickednick

Recognized Member
I'd say I'm a pretty controversial person when it comes to sg, I get into a lot of disagreements with other admins and I don't particularly like sg as a whole. However I did become an admin, which is more than enough experience necessary to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

This guide is gonna be spread out into random tidbits of information. I have a lot of things to say about this topic, however this "guide" is more of a thread for admins to post their thoughts on the matter.

Few things to note:
-This guide has nothing to do with being an admin, this is purely about how to get accepted.
-All admins have downsides, this isn't something you can avoid.
-My views don't apply to everyone, I am in no way saying that everything stated in this thread is fact
-I could care less for trade/ff2/orange
-All information stated in this guide is based on personal experience, no seperate parties were asked for their thoughts

If you honestly want to become an admin, the first step is to play the game actively. By playing the game you're not only cementing rules into your head, you are also making your presence more apparant to the current admin roster. The more admins that are aware of your existance the better.

Don't randomly add admins expecting them to recognize you, because 90% of the time we won't. It's common for admins to recieve friend requests(since people need ways to contact us). But believe it or not we do have lives, and we do other shit than just admin work. Meaning that if you add us and we don't recognize you, then you might aswell be a trader/scammer/other. If you're going to add an admin, atleast tell us why.

Engage in conversation more often, this can matter just in general but it especially matters when you talk to admins. Admins don't always want to talk to you, but we have no reason to get mad at you for trying. And if you manage to peek our intrest you can probably get respect or recognition out of it. When applying, admins are your main source of +support and -support on your app. So if you leave a good impression, you're gonna end up more likely to get it.

Start actually reading the rules. Plenty of people apply with a lack of knowledge regarding the rules, because instead of actually reading them they learned from others how the game should be played. You may think that you know the rules but I guarantee you that if you've never read them you are going to end up with atleast 3 unwritten rules left in your head.

Stop arguing with admins regarding rules you haven't actually read. It's fine to argue with admins regarding rules that you know exist. But if you don't have evidence for a rules existance you're only gonna end up wasting our time due to your own lack of compitence. If you have done this recently, please stay the fuck away from the application form.

Learn how to actually deal with intentional rulebreakers. This is very important for admins and players alike, you need to understand how rulebreakers think and how to deal with them before applying. If a rulebreaker joins the server, call a voteban and wait. Don't start spamming "FREEKILLER" in chat like we didn't just see him blow up a group of people for no reason. If there is no admin on, try calling one on. If there is none available, I suggest leaving the server and coming back later. There are many ways to deal with rulebreakers, but givng them attention isn't one of them.

Learn how to record and share demos. This is useful for many reasons, but most importantly for the complaint section. Google how to record a demo and start using the report section more often.

Stop spamming the forums to fill out your 10 approved posts. You can get 10 approved posts by posting on threads instead of actually making them. And while you're at it, try not to make nonsense content.

Make sure you're ready to become an admin. Ask some admins before applying, it works wonders for your reputation. But before contacting those admins, make sure you're ready to deal with obnoxious children and mental patients. I've made this comparison countless times in the past and I'll make it again, admins are tard guards. People laugh when I say it but I doubt they actually understand how true that statement is.

Stop acting like a fetus. There are many ways to cut back on fetusfaggotry. But in all honesty you'll have to ask around for different opinions when it comes to this.

If you have anything to add, please feel free to do so.
Listen to this man you degenerates tryna become admin

Zero1763

Recognized Member
when a man's guide literally says to read
you've already asked for too much

Sethy

This'll be useful.

UrielVentris

Recognized Member
once a fetus its hard to stop being a fetus the only real cure is time. maturity comes with age and that something you cant rush especially in the meme hell of sg ( I've felt my maturity go down just being here).children are really what makes jb fun to play, the dumb comments, the obvious disregard for the rules really they can be hilarious sometimes, not to mention the easy strange kills and making them all type pissy. on the contrary, do I think we should have an age guideline for who can be an admin? YES. do I think maturity comes early with some and exceptions should be made? OF COURSE. the job will be harder. sounding young does not make being authority easier. so good luck to any aspiring admins my advice is just to give it time, let the process work its self out.