How do I turn my old hard drive into an internal storage device?

Green

my burgers are aggressive
For christmas I got a SSD for my computer. Today I found out that I can use my old hard drive as a storage device.

Ive been looking on the internet for ~1 hour trying to figure out how to make it an internal storage device but it gives me links to how to make it an external device (thanks google). Eventually I got the old harddrive into my computer and it recognizes it but I am not sure where I go from here.

Attachments

• Now what.PNG
    Now what.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 338

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
It's fine at it is provided it isn't plugged it via some usb adapter.

Green

my burgers are aggressive
but how to I get things to save there

The reason i ask is because (as you may be able to see) I ended up getting an ssd that has half the storage

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Ur profile picture is so creepy white... >.>
also idk anything about computers so gl c:

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
I have a SSD and a 2 TB hard drive for storage.

The way you do this, is you install windows to your SSD then plug in your hard drive inside your computer or use a usb attachment.
Some computers may not have 2 inputs or more for hard drives, in which case you need to get a new chassis or make the hard drive into a usb.

When you want to save to it, your computer will route it to your SSD first. Set it to default to go to your hard drive instead. SSDs are made to permanently set in stone whatever you put on them. So DO NOT INSTALL GAMES AND SHIT TO THEM.

easy stuff.