Jailbreak "2.0"

As some may know, the old Jailbreak plugin we used to base ours on has been abandoned by the original developer for several years now. For that reason, it is only logically that it is moved to a new and supported plugin from both a maintenance and future update perspective. As of yesterday, some of you may have noticed the introduction of a different but familiar plugin.

Last Requests
Last requests will continue as before, with no "next round" LRs and no LR menu. The LR menu was enabled for a short time after the new introduction but has since been disabled.

The rest of it
Some HUD elements are different but largely serve the same purpose. There will be a couple patches to resolve some outstanding ones. Most settings that could transfer over have been set to match the old system. Some smaller details will be patched in.

Some differences to note
  • Muted players will not be able to play on the Blue side as the requirement for a microphone on the blue side has not changed. (Admins can now mute people properly)
  • (Respawn will be temporarily disabled until a nasty bug is fixed.)
  • Warden can now properly manipulate the cells instead of entirely relying on the map buttons.
  • Health kits have returned to the armories.
Due to the large number of changes (the two Jailbreak plugins being written by two different people), it will take a bit of time to port our older mods that are not already in due to compatibility issues.

Feel free to ask any questions.

sapphire

Recognized Member
Health kits! Is the health kit just enabled for armory? As for the LR menu that "was enabled for a short time", are you talking about the one SNC coded?

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
I want a frog LR

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
The old Warden info hud, old wping (you can use both), and old wvote has been patched in.

boing boing

Is this on all maps? if so, did you go in and do it manually or is it down to the plugin detecting the cell door's names?
Don't know.

I want a frog LR
No frogs :(

Health kits! Is the health kit just enabled for armory? As for the LR menu that "was enabled for a short time", are you talking about the one SNC coded?
No and no.

Sunny

Was the original developer Jack Daniels? It was his steam name back in the day I had known him few years ago. Miss that community but we here now.

Ivy

Recognized Member
Was the original developer Jack Daniels? It was his steam name back in the day I had known him few years ago. Miss that community but we here now.
I honestly don't know. Maybe you could ask one of the moderators?

As far as I can tell, the server uses a slightly modified version of Scags' TF2Jail Redux. The original built for TF2 was by Drixevel, and if there was anything before that, i'm unaware of it. You'd have to ask the people behind House of PainJB, which has since disbanded, then reformed very recently, and then disbanded again due to server inactivity.

As for CSSJB plugins, there are many different ones, but the most popular one I can find is a redux/merge of multiple jailbreak plugins by shanapu.

Last edited:

Sunny

As far as I can tell, the server uses a slightly modified version of Scags' TF2Jail Redux. The original built for TF2 was by Drixevel, and if there was anything before that, i'm unaware of it. You'd have to ask the people behind House of PainJB, which has since disbanded, then reformed very recently, and then disbanded again due to server inactivity.

As for CSSJB plugins, there are many different ones, but the most popular one I can find is a redux/merge of multiple jailbreak plugins by shanapu.
His username was Jack Daniels.

Dr. Dictator

Certified hood classic