Jailbreak Admins

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Alright, so I have recently been going on Jailbreak again, and to say the least: I'm sorry to the admins on there but most of you are doing a really bad job.

I admit i haven't been on enough lately to truly judge, but i'm noticing a few things:

1. Use of /csay for no reason. As Kris said, there is a time and place.

2. Nothing done about mic issues. Severe lack of mic checks for BLU team, no mutes for people talking over warden, I've even seen spam go unchecked.

3. Ignored free-killing. The only emphasis I've seen put on free-killing is when its in mass, or if its to the admin in question. Most random free-kills go unpunished.

4. A plain old basic lack of rule enforcement. BLU's are allowed to wander and not participate, favoritism has been allowed, the list goes on and on.

Basically, I don't mean to be rude to all of you, but you are in power to do something about issues. Jailbreak has a strict set of rules because it NEEDS one, its not for show. Get familiar with the rules and actually enforce them. Lately it seems Jailbreak admins have either been abusing powers like mad, or not using them at all.

Bottom-line: Get it together. I don't want to start requesting removals of power, but if you won't enforce rules there are others that will.

Rule list, get familiar with it: http://sg-gaming.net/rules/jb/

Katze

Recognized Member
Amen. Jailbreak has gained too many admins too quickly.

I think it may be time to stop letting people apply *gasp*

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
I have to agree with you on this, yesterday after my very long break and i had to warn a few mods about csay and yet they still ignore me. I havent seen too much of not enforcing spamming, maybe freekilling and definietely no mic checks whatsoever. But to be honest i think that mic checking has gone to the abyss(personally i dont mic check or let other mods or admins do it because i never get any respect when i do) i think the auto balance changed mic checking forever because back then it was kill two birds one stone with mic checking and havig a reason to balance the two teams

i'm your average MLG player

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Easy way to mic check: Freeze everyone and mute everyone until you are done. Problem solved

Chinominican

Recognized Member
It's kinda hard to keep tabs on who was freekilled and who wasn't, considering most of the times us admins want to play aswell, however, I noticed how most admins are now more liberal about guard bans and are handing out less kicks and slays to people who break the rules

Barzola

Recognized Member
As Chino says, I usually have to deal with people who complain about being freekilled when they instead didn't follow warden's orders and thought they were freekilled. Not only that, but as one admin it's hard to keep tabs on who's doing what, who's going where. It doesn't really give me a chance to even play because i have to constantly sit in spectator watching over everyone.

Chinominican

Recognized Member
Another thing is that when there are multiple admins on at once, that's our "Golden Time" where rulebreakers often leave before getting caught by one of us, it also seems like players don't listen to or respect us admins and they even bad mouth admins behind said admin's back

Barzola

Recognized Member
Chinominican said:
Another thing is that when there are multiple admins on at once, that's our "Golden Time" where rulebreakers often leave before getting caught by one of us, it also seems like players don't listen to or respect us admins and they even bad mouth admins behind said admin's back
Oh yes, that also brings up the fact that there might be one guard who follows all the rules well, but when he wants to leave, on the next round he tries to kill as many prisoners as he can and then leaves the server, annoying the complete crap outta me.

DragonShock

Recognized Member
Practical Problems said:
Easy way to mic check: Freeze everyone and mute everyone until you are done. Problem solved

I do that for every mic check, It stops commotion and makes it easy. I also agree that certain mods arent doing very good jobs. I know I can be better, and I have stopped using csay for unnecessary reasons. I also will try hard to eliminate any problems.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Hey, trying harder is all I ask. I know its hard to control the server, but a little effort will go a long way. Giving up and ignoring them goes no where but backwards.

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
Some mods cant get it in their heads to stop using csay for no reason. I have tried multiple times warning mods to stop using it for no reason and all i get is ppl calling me a hypocrite and mods ignoring me. Clearly no one respects me and i dont know how to handle this situation without being a dick

Kris18

Recognized Member
trollmastr said:
Some mods cant get it in their heads to stop using csay for no reason. I have tried multiple times warning mods to stop using it for no reason and all i get is ppl calling me a hypocrite and mods ignoring me. Clearly no one respects me and i dont know how to handle this situation without being a dick

Call a higher-ranked admin and have screenshots. Prac or Madame for JB, Me for MCL.

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
Re: RE: Jailbreak Admins

Kris18 said:
trollmastr said:

Call a higher-ranked admin and have screenshots. Prac or Madame for JB, Me for MCL.

Yea well thats the thing i want to get away from, most mods dont actually have the intentions of abusing csay, most forget and they might have a different opinion of me afterwards, tf2 os where i relax from reality, not to make someone else who is also relaxing miserable. Whatever i do hurts one person who is my friend

Kris18

Recognized Member
trollmastr said:
Kris18 said:
trollmastr said:

Yea well thats the thing i want to get away from, most mods dont actually have the intentions of abusing csay, most forget and they might have a different opinion of me afterwards, tf2 os where i relax from reality, not to make someone else who is also relaxing miserable. Whatever i do hurts one person who is my friend

So gather screenshots and show us anyway. We (or at least I) will decide after seeing a few if the mod needs a friendly reminder. I won't make them feel miserable.