[Jailbreak] Idea for 2 vote options

PotatoPete

Hello, I have an idea for 2 vote options. 1 is a warden only vote like !wvote, and other is a !votemenu available to all players. The first vote option would be an friendly fire vote, this vote option would only be available in the !wmenu at the bottom so no accidental clicks of the vote would occur, once the warden has clicked on the friendly fire vote it would ask for a time limit the friendly fire would occur, and this ff vote would only be twice per map rotation in order to stop easily abusing the ff vote. the time limits would be as following, 1 minute and 30 seconds, 3 minutes, or 9 minutes, or warden could have complete control of the time limit and stop whenever he pleases this would be in case if reds wants hunger games, and no admins are on, blus could go in a blu restricted section of the map with no access to the reds.

Second option would be accessible to everyone which is a respawn vote and would go as follows, one person would go into the votemenu and there would be a respawn vote, the vote will then ask who to respawn, the person voting would pick who to respawn and a vote would start, if the vote passes the person is respawned, this would be in the case of freekills, or lrs without the need for an admin.

(If anyone has any edits or suggestions to this please let me know. Don't be afraid to call this idea dumb, i've had this idea for a while and wanted to see if it could be added)

Gary

Recognized Member
Ok I see why you would want this. In the case that mods / admins aren't on it feels really upsetting that someone may die and now they have to sit out the rest of the round because someone comes on to JB just to ruin the fun. The only really big problem is the fact that it can be abused easily. Let's say it is a server with around 15-20 people with no mod / admin on. If someone dies and the warden has some type of friendship with that person they will start a vote and either make some excuse why they should be respawned or the reds would do it just to get him back in because people like him. Overall while it may seem you are limited without mods or admins on there is a reason they are given the power they have. They are trusted players that only use their power when it is the right time but doing this gives the warden the powers of mods and admins and all they need is to be somewhat respectable to convince everyone to do HG literally every round. There is just too much opportunity for abuse and I don't see this happening any time soon.

PotatoPete

Ok I see why you would want this. In the case that mods / admins aren't on it feels really upsetting that someone may die and now they have to sit out the rest of the round because someone comes on to JB just to ruin the fun. The only really big problem is the fact that it can be abused easily. Let's say it is a server with around 15-20 people with no mod / admin on. If someone dies and the warden has some type of friendship with that person they will start a vote and either make some excuse why they should be respawned or the reds would do it just to get him back in because people like him. Overall while it may seem you are limited without mods or admins on there is a reason they are given the power they have. They are trusted players that only use their power when it is the right time but doing this gives the warden the powers of mods and admins and all they need is to be somewhat respectable to convince everyone to do HG literally every round. There is just too much opportunity for abuse and I don't see this happening any time soon.
Yeah i see how abusable this is but the admins are people with lives too, the only reason im suggesting this is because the admins are somewhat on and when they are its mostly an hour or 2 with the expection of a couple admins. I suggested big limits too

Kortex XD

Recognized Member
Good suggestion, but I don't trust blues with this kind of power, and there are a bunch of mods/admins anyway.

Gary

Recognized Member
Yeah i see how abusable this is but the admins are people with lives too, the only reason im suggesting this is because the admins are somewhat on and when they are its mostly an hour or 2 with the expection of a couple admins. I suggested big limits too
I get it it may be frustrating that admins have lives :). All I can say is you say yourself "I see how this is abusable," but are ok with still proposing it. If anything it may mean we need more mods or better activity but that is Yuki's decision not mine. Proposing something that can be abused just because you feel like admins aren't on enough to respawn / do hg or arena occasionally makes no sense to me.

PotatoPete

By i see how this is abusable i ment, how the ff vote be abusable but considering i suggested limitations like twice per map rotation should be something to consider and the respawn vote only takes people to vote no at said thing

Gary

Recognized Member
By i see how this is abusable i ment, how the ff vote be abusable but considering i suggested limitations like twice per map rotation should be something to consider and the respawn vote only takes people to vote no at said thing
The problem with the respawn vote is that people might NOT say no at said thing. Also if you consider that MFK is very hard to go through a 30 second vote for every person and that people can vote no if they don't like the person that would be way to flawed. In regards to FF I can see people trying to start cell wars and reds trolling and voting yes. Overall it is just way too much to entrust in the hands of people that have done nothing besides type /w in chat.

PotatoPete

Yeah but MFK shouldn't be included because not even the admins go through and res everyone, with FF though if people want cell wars they just vote yes people who dont vote no. Basic voting ig

Gary

Recognized Member
Yeah but MFK shouldn't be included because not even the admins go through and res everyone, with FF though if people want cell wars they just vote yes people who dont vote no. Basic voting ig
Now I question if you have read the rules because cells wars is not allowed and if anyone votes yes they are trying to break a rule. A warden starting that vote at the beginning of a round would be him attempting to break that rule and overall it would just lead to chaos if it went through. If the vote benefits the reds it is likely to go through and overall voting in general is a big majority and popularity contest. You can't trust a server of 32 people to listen to the rules and that's why there are admins. Even for just 1 free kill if it's someone that is not liked they are going to get denied. Respawn votes will be proposed every 5 seconds. The up sides are just not worth it for all the chaos it will cause. There is already enough VM abuse as it is.

PotatoPete

I forgot to put "even though its banned" but yea ig that is a good point, but im mainly talkin about when admins arent on usually when the server has more then 28 people there is an admin on, or there could be a player limit to call that vote example being server has higher then 16 players so the vote auto cancels

Gary

Recognized Member
I forgot to put "even though its banned" but yea ig that is a good point, but im mainly talkin about when admins arent on usually when the server has more then 28 people there is an admin on, or there could be a player limit to call that vote example being server has higher then 16 players so the vote auto cancels
I have been on the server when there were 32 people with no admins and free killers also usually come on around those high traffic areas. Your one saving grace is that smaller servers usually don't get admins to join but even then it's so easy to get more people on board to just have hunger games every day or 2 times in a row. Or just ask the warden for a respawn and vote slay if he doesn't. Just too much abuse. I can't see a single good thing that can come from this.