Jailbreak Rule Additions

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Hello! This is a suggestions thread for a few jailbreak rules that I've seen that might need some tweaking as well as a few new ones for clarity purposes.

Under General gameplay rules:
+Taunting: Reds may always do AFK taunts when AFK, and may "taunt-walk" (using movement taunts to bombrush/crouchwalk) if warden allows, if warden does not allow taunt-walking then any reds who taunt-walk are labelled KOS. Reds may not taunt during minigames that require collisions to function such as Bumblebeam, as it can provide an unfair advantage.

Adding taunt-walking to the rules is a good way for people to understand that it is initially not allowed unless warden says so, the collisions rule also seems like a good addition in my opinion.

Under No griefing:
+Jumping on sinking platforms while a red is trying to get across them, an example being the sinking platforms in ML Castles obby. (Red only)

+Blocking a small platform while collisions are on in an attempt to get multiple reds killed (Red only)

With these two I have discussed with multiple other people and the general consensus is that this can count as griefing, as it can fall under the: "Not make anyone's experience negative purposefully" rule in the general server rules, it also makes it to where the "No Griefing" section isn't just only for BLU team.

Under Prisoner/Red Team
+Snitching - You may not reveal any information about any rebelling red that the blue team does not already know (class, location, etc.)

Snitching being added back to the normal Jailbreak rules would clear up any other misconceptions about it not being a rule anymore.

Under Guard/Blu Team
+Trick orders involving calling the reds "guys" or anything similar are not allowed.

It varies from warden to warden and is way too inconsistent and causes way too many unneeded freekills. For example, one warden will say casually, "Okay guys, now go here" and place down a ping, this can either lead to all reds going to the ping to be KOS if the warden meant the trick order, or leads to the reds who didn't go being KOS as he meant for them to go there.

+Time limits in minigames must be at least 30 seconds if multiple reds are before the halfway mark of a minigame

+(Warden) You may leave reds to chase rebellers but only if there are in a minigame, another person/other people are watching them, or if the last/last two reds have LR.

I think this should be an addition because way too many people seem to think that wardens can't leave reds? I have no idea where this started but so many people believe that a rule addition might be necessary.

Under Banned Games:
- Crush Game (Hop JB)
- Steady Pace (Jailfort)

+ Frogger (8-Bit)
+ Cart Ride (Crossroads)

Crush Game on Hop is fixed with the newest updates and Steady Pace on Jailfort has a warning on the wall at the beginning of the minigame saying to be careful as you may get stuck, this mainly only happens if you try to stay right behind the sandvich as you'll collide with it.

Frogger on 8-Bit is notoriously buggy, sometimes randomly killing you at the bridge portion, it's way too inconsistent and randomly kills way too much.
Cart Ride on Crossroads can be considered a favoritism minigame, as reds with a faster melee speed (like scout) can beat classes with a slower melee speed, as the damage to the walls don't matter, reds can also clip through the carts and either just be on the tracks or fall through the tracks and instantly die.

Under Scenarios:
+RPS Taunts between a blue and a red
  • If a blue accepts a RPS taunt with a red without the intent being for them to RPS and the red dies, it is freekill.
  • Edit: Removed this one as it doesn't make any sense, just what happens when I do this at 3 am lmao
  • If a red accepts a RPS taunt with a blue and is killed, then it is not freekill, as the red consented to the RPS.
+A heavy eats or throws a sandvich or any other consumable
  • The heavy is KOS
You have no idea how many people try to argue that a heavy eating a sandvich isn't KOS but a soldier using their concheror is.

And that's about all I can think of at 3:33 AM, if you have any more suggestions feel free to reply with some!

Last edited:

Medical

I agree with these rules, thank you bray :)

also don't forget that we need to add sex day to the rules

Moashu

Recognized Member
  • If a blue accepts a RPS taunt with a red without the intent being for them to RPS and the red dies, it is freekill.
I'm not sure what to say about this one. If a red starts up the RPS taunt in the first place, wouldn't that also mean they give consent?

Other than that, everything else is great.

Last edited:

Crow

Everything is great, they make sense and are actually good, rules I've dealt with before and were annoyed at, can actually now be said if it gets added in!

Gary

Recognized Member
+Taunting: Reds may always do AFK taunts when AFK, and may "taunt-walk" (using movement taunts to bombrush/crouchwalk) if warden allows, if warden does not allow taunt-walking then any reds who taunt-walk are labelled KOS. Reds may not taunt during minigames that require collisions to function such as Bumblebeam, as it can provide an unfair advantage.

I guess what you are trying to do with these rules is make a general clarification for the small amount of people who do read the rules as all of this is implied otherwise but could help in some confusion.
+Jumping on sinking platforms while a red is trying to get across them, an example being the sinking platforms in ML Castles obby. (Red only)

+Blocking a small platform while collisions are on in an attempt to get multiple reds killed (Red only)
Ruins the game for everyone involved and sometimes as slower classes can not be countered so definitely down with this being a lot more clear and stated instead of down to admin discretion.
+Snitching - You may not reveal any information about any rebelling red that the blue team does not already know (class, location, etc.)
Snitches get stitches.

+Trick orders involving calling the reds "guys" or anything similar are not allowed.
Using a rule as a way to kill someone is plain dumb and again ruins the fun when the warden whispers gamers and kills all of you (watch as funny man Owl cries as his one method of eliminating reds disappears)
+Time limits in minigames must be at least 20 seconds if a red is before the halfway mark of a minigame
Too general for me to support it especially when people love delaying mini games and waiting. You would need to reword it as mini games with this rule could take the entire round if a red decides that delaying is funny and stays falling with regeneration. Also causes confusion on where the middle of certain mini games actually are.
+All Blues with microphones must be willing to go warden, if the need arises.
Kinda obvious while I would go back to the you need a mic to be on blue with what we have as of now this makes the most sense.
+(Warden) You may leave reds to chase rebellers but only if there are in a minigame, another person/other people are watching them, or if the last/last two reds have LR.
Yeah sounds good especially when my blues love playing spy.
- Crush Game (Hop JB)
- Steady Pace (Jailfort)

+ Frogger (8-Bit)
+ Cart Ride (Crossroads)
Crush game yes it has been reworked to be better.

Steady pace as of the few times I have seen a red chose it as his LR it seemed to function well enough that you coukd justify this.

I have never had an issue with is personally but so many people complain that you could justify it.

A lot of games could be considered scout favoritism and people falling through the cart doesn’t really happy jnless they are on the edge actively trying to die. Don’t see a need for it to be included in the banned mini games.

• If a red accepts a RPS taunt with a blue and is killed, then it is not freekill, as the red consented to the RPS.
+A heavy eats a sandvich or any other consumable in a minigame that requires health
  • The heavy is KOS
Don’t have an RPS taunt out if you don’t want to have your survival be a 50/50. If a blue sees someone with an RPS taunt they are going to run over and RPS them. You could also never know the reds true intentions on why they have it out and claim it was freekill. Too much of an opportunity for reds to bait blues into free killing based on one rule.

Unfair advantage simple to me.

Before you all say Gary this was all so unnecessary consider the fact that things being added to the rules are important for obvious reason and I think my take everything as it is said and critique it all whether good or bad can encourage the good suggestions and discourage the bad ones. The only rules I really critiqued were ones that had chances to make the rounds last forever or get blues banned unfairly which I think is a fair thing to say no to. The good things I said also have an opportunity to encourage those suggestions even more heavily as the server owners could see the explanation as an average everyday player. Thanks for reading 😘

Sleep

I'm not sure what to say about this one. If a red starts up the RPS taunt in the first place, wouldn't that also mean they give consent?

Other than that, everything else is great.
not exactly. Reds can taunt whenever they want to it doesn't mean they "give consent"

Gary

Recognized Member
not exactly. Reds can taunt whenever they want to it doesn't mean they "give consent"
If you are the last red out you could just bait a blue into making them RPS and get them team-banned which is why I say we avoid this rule entirely and only have ur RPS out if you are ready...

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Don’t have an RPS taunt out if you don’t want to have your survival be a 50/50. If a blue sees someone with an RPS taunt they are going to run over and RPS them. You could also never know the reds true intentions on why they have it out and claim it was freekill. Too much of an opportunity for reds to bait blues into free killing based on one rule.
Removed the first part as it doesn't really make any sense anyway, just what happens when you write this kinda post at 3 AM, everything else I think should stay though.

Crow

A lot of games could be considered scout favoritism and people falling through the cart doesn’t really happy Unless they are on the edge actively trying to die. Don’t see a need for it to be included in the banned mini games.

Also a reminder that kart race is something that should be given a fair advantage, scouts are supposed to be a fast class, changing the scout class entirely for one minigame would be bad, it should just be that classes get the same attack speed, for which a change to the game itself shall be added, I personally don't make maps, and not well informed, but if the attack speed is based on how the minigames working this isn't something that should've been given as an opinion, but I can see why you said this. However it should be included in banned minigames, because if one class has the upper advantage and you can be pushed off, it can be a banned minigame, like frogger on 8 bit where you just die at a random position.
Yeah it sucks when scouts can double jump, and finish some minigames faster, but that doesn't mean that other classes can suffer that much from it.

However in races my argument won't apply I forgot to add this in

Pat

Recognized Member
Most of these are already implemented.. For some i would say just get good. Some would be a good clarification for those who do not know of those rules.

(decided to add into this comment) Addition/Edit:
+= I think good idea
-=not a good idea/not needed
* = good clarification!!!

Taunting, * Just a simple good clarification for new comers.

Reds Griefing= - This was already spoken about a while back. Still i think it should stay how it is, allowed. Reds should be allowed to try to knock out there competitors.

Snitching= * except the rule itself may need to go more in depth since blues may know about things but just mention it in teamchat.

Trick orders (like guys)= + Many people have said "guys" before as to reference the red team and not trying to do a trick order. Leads to confusion. Should just not be allowed.

Time limit= im just confused on what you are trying to say

Warden may leave reds to chase rebelers= * Warden can leave reds (good clarification), just cant lead to delaying the round.

All Blues with microphones must be willing to go warden= + (idk if it is or isnt implying this but ) all blues SHOULD have a mic to be on blue. That's what i think would be the best path/option to go with but rules currently say otherwise (only warden needs mic).

RPS Taunts between blue + red= * OBV already implied but would be good clarification for people.

Heavy eats or throws a sandwich= - it is a unneeded clarification since current rules already mention it.
  • "Red item restrictions - Red players may have any melee weapon, food, buff items (Concheror/Buff banner) sappers, and the jetpack out at any time. The use of any of these items (except the Jetpack if rushing according to orders) can mark a prisoner as a rebel..."
Throwing/eating a sandvich( food item) is considered "using"

Last edited:

Gary

Recognized Member
Most of these are already implemented.. For some i would say just get good. (I will most likely come back and edit this im just hella tired rn : p )
Most of these are already implied he is just going for general clarifications on the rules.

Pat

Recognized Member
Most of these are already implied he is just going for general clarifications on the rules.
Like i said. Some are already implied, some are recommened (that i would say just get good ) and some are just clarification.

Gary

Recognized Member
Like i said. Some are already implied, some are recommened (that i would say just get good ) and some are just clarification.
Well you never said that some are just clarification so I thought you missed the main point but overall the ones that are already implied are in general and could never hurt to build upon it in a game mode as hectic as JB.

Last edited:

coolpurple

Time limit= im just confused on what you are trying to say
what bray means here is the time limit that a warden will set in accordance to the progress of reds in the minigame.

which basically means, if a lot of reds are really behind, the warden is not to set a time limit that is unreasonable, like for example, under 30 seconds.

Pat

Recognized Member
But reasonable time limits is already in rules silly!!! Unless its that you can change your time limit mid game..... which then would not be allowed (if shortening the time limit)