[Jailbreak] Snitching

Bring back snitching?

• Total voters

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Snitching was a former rule that was removed for reasons that I don't know, in which a red could not tell any information about a rebelling red, this included their class, location, and even what they did if the blues did not know yet.

This rule was removed, I have no idea why, now the only rule that's similar is ghosting, which is only while dead.

Since jailbreak is about breaking out of a prison it would make sense to reinstate snitching to really bring the whole "snitches get stitches" vibe with prison.

and while we're at it we should get rid of trick orders like "guys, gamers, etc." :)

Medical

i dislike being snitched on, I agree with you dusk / flamer / bray

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Even though snitching isn't a rule in the jailbreak rules anymore, some people can still get muted for snitching excessively.
https://sg-gaming.net/bans/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=snitch&Submit=Search

This is because sometimes snitching can fall under this line in the general server rules. It would probably be up to admin's discretion to decide what falls here or what doesn't. I don't have a problem with snitching being an explicitly stated rule though, it was easy to enforce and made rebelling somewhat easier.
unknown.png

Pat

Recognized Member
Its mostly a situational/severity of the snitch if the person gets a mute/gag for it. If it did get explicitly stated in the rules then ima guess it gonna get enforced more strictly : s h r u g :

Something like saying " a scout ran into right hallway " when no blue saw the scout run would count as snitching (if there was an actual scout that ran into right hallway, since it makes 32138127391 times harder now for that scout because of the red that snitched) or saying "theres a engi hiding in cells" would also be a snitch (imagine ruining a engis rebelling plan tho smh..)
Something like saying " the heavy crouched!! he wasn't afk" when no blue saw is different since the blue would have to have saw the heavy not be afk to kill him. And the red that "snitched" could just be lying -_- hence why the blue would have to have seen the red become kos. Therefore not a mute/gag.

Last edited:

Connor

i believe the snitching rule was removed because people were maybe using loopholes or the rule got confused with ghost. another possibly is the amount of misuse and abuse that the players used and the amount of gags and mutes. @holdmybeer thats a fact but if they get accused by false without any evidence would it still be a mute or gag according to that said person was snitching on that person? i dont think it should be a gag without any actual evidence unless if a certain person got it on screenshot or demo recording. finally with all of what i said, i really dont believe the rule should be added back.

Pat

Recognized Member
i believe the snitching rule was removed because people were maybe using loopholes or the rule got confused with ghost. another possibly is the amount of misuse and abuse that the players used and the amount of gags and mutes. @holdmybeer thats a fact but if they get accused by false without any evidence would it still be a mute or gag according to that said person was snitching on that person? i dont think it should be a gag without any actual evidence unless if a certain person got it on screenshot or demo recording. finally with all of what i said, i really dont believe the rule should be added back.

English please :). But if you have any questions about what it means, feel free to reread what was said by me and beer ^^ If that still doesnt answer your question(s) maybe ask the question(s) in a more simpler way, idk if its just me but half of what you just said made 0 sense.

Last edited:

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
The snitching rule for Jailbreak was removed because it was merged into the general server rules. Both server rules and jailbreak rules apply.

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
The snitching rule for Jailbreak was removed because it was merged into the general server rules. Both server rules and jailbreak rules apply.
Alright, thank you! This literally changes like everything as of recently snitching hasn't really been enforced too much since really no one knew what to do with it.

Thank you for putting it to rest :)

Pat

Recognized Member
now micheal.stevenson2012 cant say that I have ammo lets go
Blues still wont be able to kill someone based off a red saying "medical has ammo". The blue would need proof of it, same way a red cant say "medical is kos" and get killed because a red said so.