[Jailbreak] What would you like to see changed in jb_crossroads?

screechy

What would you like to see in jb_crossroads that was bad in the older version? Not stuff like adding new minigames (of which there are twenty, now), more like "[minigame] sucks because [reason]." I'd like to have this map as good as possible so Yuki will hopefully take a second look at it and re-add it to the map pool.

This excludes bugs and poor design choices from the old version, of which nearly all have been fixed (e.g Flood Escape starting upon entering the start).

This thread has the link to the new version: https://sg-gaming.net/threads/new-map-jb_crossroads_final-arena.10847/

screechy

fixed minigames
please specify, if you mean from the old version I already said to ignore bugs and such, I've fixed 99% of the bugs from the old version involving minigame performance.

zene

please specify, if you mean from the old version I already said to ignore bugs and such, I've fixed 99% of the bugs from the old version involving minigame performance.
that’s cool, uh yuki is always dead for some reason though
49F95D4B-3ED5-446F-ADAC-75A12646735D.jpeg

screechy

Will there be new map secrets?

more ammo secret spots like in some trees?
there are already a few, one day i may make the mega secret a bit more enjoyable

i added some more, one where you can flip a lever and get a small pack on top of the fountain in the new area.

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Never really played on crossroads, but from what people say it wasn't really optimized too well, but you've said it's been fixed so it'll probably be a really good and fun map if added :)

screechy

also, if you could make it like the roblox game: jailbreak that would be kinda nice. or maybe add that 4 towers game as a minigames
i wasnt attempting a style like new roblox. I strictly stuck with the old roblox aesthetic
Never really played on crossroads, but from what people say it wasn't really optimized too well, but you've said it's been fixed so it'll probably be a really good and fun map if added :)
i haven't heard any complaints about optimization. We did a playtesting session and for part of it 6 people were on and nobody reported any issues. I'll keep that in the back of my mind for later, though.

Kortex XD

Recognized Member
I haven't played Crossroads in a while, but I think i remember Crush Game's colors were hard to differenciate. Other than that Crossroads was a cool map and I hope to see it added back!

Cyveray

Personally I don't really like that The Great Strategy theme is played for roughly 1 minute 25 seconds into the round every single round because it can be a nightmare to hear wardens with a quiet mic and it just feels like micspam that cannot be toggled off unless everyone types snd_restart every round. With that being said some people like the theme and a compromise might be for you to make the song be edited by the music slider in the audio menu so players don't have to turn down the game audio I think this is how you do that.

music.PNG

screechy

Personally I don't really like that The Great Strategy theme is played for roughly 1 minute 25 seconds into the round every single round because it can be a nightmare to hear wardens with a quiet mic and it just feels like micspam that cannot be toggled off unless everyone types snd_restart every round. With that being said some people like the theme and a compromise might be for you to make the song be edited by the music slider in the audio menu so players don't have to turn down the game audio I think this is how you do that.

View attachment 6451
ill change that in the next fix update