Jailbreak

Veigar

Recognized Member
Hello, fellow badmins. I'm here today to interest you in some chocolates totally not laced with anything at all to make you want to do things for Madame(and, in this case, Practical). If you're lactose intolerant or are a monster and dislike chocolates, how about--okay, let's get to the point.

Practical and I are really the only ones who ever admin on the Jailbreak server, I've concluded(long, long ago...). And while I
moderating Jailbreak, it gets a tad bit annoying to have my Steam chat suddenly flooded with people screaming at me to fix people, behaviors, and other miscellaneous things on there. Especially when I'm in a MADame mood.

I was hoping that perhaps we could get more admins on Jailbreak regularly, whether it's new recruits dedicated to the moderation of JB or current admins now. At the moment, Practical and I are the go-to admins for JB, and all the others tend to get on when they feel like it.

EDIT: We should perhaps think about retrying a warden plugin.

Katze

Recognized Member
I'll go on and announce to everyone that I'm an admin so they yell at me as well. But I'll be sure to say it in sm_csay in the douche-iest way possible to make everyone on JB not like me and yell at madame instead of me.

Real talk, if you go on JB and are admin, make it clear and enforce the rules. Lack of tags means that it's up to you to be responsible, people won't just straighten up because you're on the server.

Katze

Recognized Member
Yes, tags are broken on JB. Guess that proves Speced never goes on jailbreak huehue

I've tried enforcing rules but no one takes me seriously.... I don't even joke around on JB. I'm usually there just spectating.

Morgan Rudelman

Recognized Member
I've been "visiting" other servers.
I don't know but is there different versions of warden plugin?

On this other server,only way to be on BLU,is to "activate" it by using your mic.
So it might be better instead of me yelling "xXsupahkoolsniporXx do you have a mic?" three or four times.

But I understand if it remains glitchy.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Yes tags have been broken for awhile now. Jailbreak is VERY annoying to control, and though I will admit Bake and Derppan/Pootis get on, they don't get on enough to really control it. I've been taking a break from TF2 for the last week, mainly because if i'm on TF2, I get spammed with messages like madame said.

We really need to figure something out. We either need some jailbreak specific admins, or a management plugin. Jailbreak is ridiculous to deal with, and admins can't get the job done. Whenever an admin ISN'T online, the server falls apart.

I really do think we need to hunt for a Jailbreak plugin, even if we have to modify some rules or the plugin to use it.

Katze

Recognized Member
Morgan Rudelman said:
I've been "visiting" other servers.
I don't know but is there different versions of warden plugin?

On this other server,only way to be on BLU,is to "activate" it by using your mic.
So it might be better instead of me yelling "Monsieur do you have a mic?" three or four times.

But I understand if it remains glitchy.
Wait, what. I don't remember this.

Sincerely, Philbob/ Quote/ Monsieur

Kris18

Recognized Member
As far as I see it, Jailbreak needs constant babysitting. I avoid it--I'm not up for that, I've never played Jailbreak, barely understand it, and don't want to.

Because Jailbreak requires CONSTANT babysitting, I never bothered because I knew I'd never be enough. In addition, I frankly don't want to spend my time babysitting it. I did once in the beginning of my stay here and decided never again.

The clear solution to me is to get more admins. Make it clear to the people on jailbreak that we need more admins. Maybe set up a script to let people know in the chat or in csay. Even discuss and offer adminship to people seen often on jailbreak and who are always in line. Get more and more admins like Minecraftland does, and soon you'll always have an admin on, or a great collection of admins willing to be called in to fix the chaos.

Just my two cents. From an outside perspective. Hope it helps, good luck!

Barzola

Recognized Member
Yeah, it REALLY annoys me how people can't follow the rules and call out everyone for doing nothing wrong. I was on a few minutes ago and people just wouldn't listen when I used chat, my mic for voice chat, and the /csay command to display it to everyone, so that nobody seems to understand the rules or how to read god damn english when i tell anyone on blu without a mic to go to red or when I tell blu players to not freekill or freehit. Then they whine about admiin abuse if i ever slay them or switch them to the opposite team after constant disobedience.

Katze

Recognized Member
I was on with Barzola at this point. Honestly, as Jailbreak expands, and it's expanding rapidly, it degresses towards hell. We need more admins, and to be much stricter in punishment. Less warnings, no leniency. That's what works for me, anyways.

Barzola

Recognized Member
PhilbobTheSailor said:
I was on with Barzola at this point. Honestly, as Jailbreak expands, and it's expanding rapidly, it degresses towards hell. We need more admins, and to be much stricter in punishment. Less warnings, no leniency. That's what works for me, anyways.

Well, I don't want to be that admin that comes off as brutal and doesn't take crap from anyone, but now that I've been admin on jailbreak for a few days, I can see how hectic it can become and so I guess I feel I'm being almost FORCED to be on the stricter side to keep things in order. It also seems that some people think that they can get others into trouble just because they're friends with an admin. For example, a few people that are on my friends list told me to ban certain people. Now, I'm more of the guy who needs evidence or has to be there to actually punish anyone, even though i know I can't ban. People just don't seem to grasp that concept. :[

Kris18

Recognized Member
Sometimes, you just gotta punish people or they won't get it.

Barzola said:
Then they whine about admiin abuse if i ever slay them or switch them to the opposite team after constant disobedience.
Fuck those people. Silence them and tell them to quit bitching and pay attention. If they keep making trouble, kick/ban them with a relevant reason.

PhilbobTheSailor said:
We need more admins

That's what we've been doing, slowly.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Most Jailbreak applicants tend to like to constantly bug admins about being an admin. posting what is going on in the server and so on. -.-

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
xSpeced said:
Most Jailbreak applicants tend to like to constantly bug admins about being an admin. posting what is going on in the server and so on. -.-

Annoying, yes. But at least it shows they want to help the server. Or are desperate for admin support :p

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Practical Problems said:
xSpeced said:

Annoying, yes. But at least it shows they want to help the server. Or are desperate for admin support :p

That usually works against them.

DarkEvil

Recognized Member
If you need my help i'm going to tell you that admins can use only /say or /me and don't spam with them. Admin who will abuse get ban. If a person get a free-shot or free-hit he will tell the blue team i have to go to the medic room. If i be manager or Full admin I'm going to manager the server. I'm doing my work as well as my admin rank. Admins who abuse will get ban or report. and thanks

Veigar

Recognized Member
Oh, I just discovered yesterday that freedays are now a viable last request. I'd like to contest the ability to use next day freeday as a last request.

Giving someone a next day freeday will also allow them the choose one (or two?) people to share the freeday with. When everyone but the two freeday people and a person SUPPOSED to be granted LR are all alive, killing the freeday people logically means that we as guards have denied someone's last request, and freekilled two people. It also allows the freeday RED/s to get ammo and kill guards, making them rebels, but because it is freeday for them, we cannot kill them anyways.

Can we consider removing the freeday option or something? Or at least make no freeday LR a global rule? That if they choose it, they can be slain and no LR will be given because they are denying their own LR by giving an unviable one as their only choice.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Is the LR menu active? Its not supposed to be. I'll have to check those stubborn cvars.