Need support [JB] Change the rules thx

Fresh n Fruity

Stuff that should definitely change
Hide and Go Boom on Casuarina allows the blue team to directly choose who lives/dies in the minigame

Crush Game on Hop isn't broken anymore

Stuff I want changed
And one I've wanted for a while. Can we not have it be a freeday if doors open before orders are given, it's common for someone to just hit the button immediately, whether intentional or not, and leads to a dead round. All of which, doesn't need to happen! Also, if possible, remove warden locking, it's not necessary and kills rounds needlessly.

Zero1763

Hide and Go Boom on Casuarina allows the blue team to directly choose who lives/dies in the minigame
I do believe unless there's a system to it, that is classified as favoritism.
Also the warden locking is only an issue if you're fighting and can't take it. Besides that situation, after 15 seconds of no one taking it anyway there's a freeday, regardless of it locking or not

Last edited:

Ivy

TF2 Admin
remove warden locking, it's not necessary and kills rounds needlessly.
Players get ~30 seconds to go warden before it gets locked, if anything we just need a better message to show that warden WILL be locked if noone takes it within the time given. Getting rid of it entirely won't make a difference as most of the players don't even bother to go warden once the warden is killed, and don't know to do so until they're told. (mostly because 70% of other servers have autowarden.) Most players that DO go warden after its locked play regularly, and those that don't are new or didn't read the rules, because new players that join never read the rules.

Can we not have it be a freeday if doors open before orders are given, it's common for someone to just hit the button immediately, whether intentional or not, and leads to a dead round.
@Nazuki pllleeaasee somehow change this, its such a pain to deal with

Last edited:

Ivy

TF2 Admin
hi, im an accidental post, delete me please!

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
Fights shouldn't take longer than 20 seconds, and if they do then there's most likely a place to hide. Typing !w isn't hard and it never has been, I don't see a reason to make an excuse for stupids.

Speaking of, can we change back to the original health values? There's no reason for players to have more health and it's really confusing to hit a soldier for 200 only to not kill him. It's unfair, it's unnecessary, and it deviates from regular tf2 without any proper reason to do so.

Wickednick

Fights shouldn't take longer than 20 seconds, and if they do then there's most likely a place to hide. Typing !w isn't hard and it never has been, I don't see a reason to make an excuse for stupids.

Speaking of, can we change back to the original health values? There's no reason for players to have more health and it's really confusing to hit a soldier for 200 only to not kill him. It's unfair, it's unnecessary, and it deviates from regular tf2 without any proper reason to do so.
Gotta make them frags easier for the non dahir mains, huh, though I do support this

Zero1763

Imagine being one of the stupids whomst can't remember it's 220 and not 200

Zero1763

Imagine having to switch between mindsets for no reason.
I'd assume the extra hp is there for those moments where you barely escape some form of damage but even if it was (which it may or may not be) I've rarely been in a scenario where I question why someone didn't die because I either keep shooting till something dies or I realize that there's an extra amount of hp.
in other words if you can get used to the batilions just get used to this instead of imagining

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
I'd assume the extra hp is there for those moments where you barely escape some form of damage but even if it was (which it may or may not be) I've rarely been in a scenario where I question why someone didn't die because I either keep shooting till something dies or I realize that there's an extra amount of hp.
I take it you've never once touched mge. Eitherway I see no reason to give bad players an easier escape, only thing that serves to do is to delay the round.

Zero1763

I take it you've never once touched mge. Eitherway I see no reason to give bad players an easier escape, only thing that serves to do is to delay the round.
Ah yes MGE home of the no one cares. If you can kill someone easily without the extra health, than 20 off of a soldier shouldn't be a problem anyway

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
Ah yes MGE home of the no one cares. If you can kill someone easily without the extra health, than 20 off of a soldier shouldn't be a problem anyway
Local jailbreak player proclaims that MGE is a subject of which nobody cares about. In other news, local florida man is wrong! There is no reason for players to have more hp then they have in the base game, it's counter productive and jailbreak as a game mode doesn't actually improve from the change and if anything it makes it worse. And no it's not a problem until you're left sitting confused at why the soldier that should've been dead lived with 18 hp.

Zero1763

Local jailbreak player proclaims that MGE is a subject of which nobody cares about. In other news, local florida man is wrong! There is no reason for players to have more hp then they have in the base game, it's counter productive and jailbreak as a game mode doesn't actually improve from the change and if anything it makes it worse. And no it's not a problem until you're left sitting confused at why the soldier that should've been dead lived with 18 hp.
There's a reason people are playing jailbreak instead of MGE! Cannot say for certain why there is extra hp which is why I can only say it's so people can get away sometimes from certain scenarios sometimes, which isn't to say that is is always going to get you out of a sticky situation because unless you miss all your rockets. the American can do at least over 220 hp with 3. Yes it is a crutch but in my opinion that seems to be the reason as to why it's there, so there is a reason. also jailbreak players aren't hard to kill just hit all 4 rockets 4Head

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
There's a reason people are playing jailbreak instead of MGE! Cannot say for certain why there is extra hp which is why I can only say it's so people can get away sometimes from certain scenarios sometimes, which isn't to say that is is always going to get you out of a sticky situation because unless you miss all your rockets. the American can do at least over 220 hp with 3. Yes it is a crutch but in my opinion that seems to be the reason as to why it's there, so there is a reason. also jailbreak players aren't hard to kill just hit all 4 rockets 4Head
Wait hold on are you only accounting for rockets? Your argument boils down to "just live with it", which is fine but I don't really see the point if we might aswell hotfix it. As for why it was put in, I don't really care. Whatever purpose it could've served is in my eyes failing to make a positive change. And what if you're not playing epic american rocket boy and instead you are playing scout, yknow, the most popular class for rebelling. Or sniper, or spy or anything other than the epic american freedom rocket man?

Zero1763

Wait hold on are you only accounting for rockets? Your argument boils down to "just live with it", which is fine but I don't really see the point if we might aswell hotfix it. As for why it was put in, I don't really care. Whatever purpose it could've served is in my eyes failing to make a positive change. And what if you're not playing epic american rocket boy and instead you are playing scout, yknow, the most popular class for rebelling. Or sniper, or spy or anything other than the epic american freedom rocket man?
You mentioned soldier, so I used soldier as an example. That doesn't mean it doesn't apply to any other class in the game, so long as you outperform whoever you're fighting, you shouldn't have a scenario where they usually escape with little health or escape at all unless they're making an effort to purposely get away from you (which is what I'm implying this is for). If being better than your opponent is ""just live with it"" then yes, live with everyone having more hp because you should be playing well enough to the point where it isn't a problem. It isn't necessarily there to be a positive change for everyone, which is why I defined it as a "crutch". Do I think it's necessary? Most definitely not but I usually don't get killed and then think to myself that person would've died for sure if they didn't have a little extra health.

Denied

jb map maker
TF2 Admin
You mentioned soldier, so I used soldier as an example. That doesn't mean it doesn't apply to any other class in the game, so long as you outperform whoever you're fighting, you shouldn't have a scenario where they usually escape with little health or escape at all unless they're making an effort to purposely get away from you (which is what I'm implying this is for). If being better than your opponent is ""just live with it"" then yes, live with everyone having more hp because you should be playing well enough to the point where it isn't a problem. It isn't necessarily there to be a positive change for everyone, which is why I defined it as a "crutch". Do I think it's necessary? Most definitely not but I usually don't get killed and then think to myself that person would've died for sure if they didn't have a little extra health.
I never mentioned soldier as the class that is being played, I mentioned him as the target. You're stating it as a crutch and that you don't think it's necessary, you're also failing to mention anything good to come out of it, so your argument is very much indeed to just live with it. Note that not every class has more hp last time I checked, which makes it a little odd to call it balanced.

Last edited:

Zero1763

I never mentioned soldier as the class that is being played, I mentioned him as the target. You're stating it as a crutch and that you don't think it's necessary, you're also failing to mention anything good to come out of it, so your argument is very much indeed to just live with it. Note that not every class has more hp last time I checked, which makes it a little odd to call it balanced.
I never said that you did mention soldier as the class being played, I'm just using him as an example for the class being played like you gave an example for the class attempting to be killed because he isn't the only one with a health boost. Also, just because I label it as a "crutch" doesn't mean there's nothing good about it, hence why it's a "crutch" for people who need it. I personally believe I don't need it so I call it a crutch and I assume you don't need it so you also have a negative view on it and can't see that it isn't there to specifically help you, it's for a certain type of people but is applied to everyone. Choose to ignore what I say about it being a crutch or not, it's still something i keep repeating and something you keep glossing over as "just live with it". Also never called it balanced because the gamemode itself isn't balanced, in which go make a balance thread because there's a lot of things that could be considered unbalanced.
side note: @Fresh n Fruity no longer owns this thread unlucky