Closed jb suggestion

Im making this thread to bring back scout's jumps or at least let the atomizer give him a double jump.
As a red in jailbreak, you choose 1 of 9 classes based on what you want to do that round. For example, i'm going to go through all 9 classes and give a reason as to why you'd play as that class.

For scout, you'd choose him because he is fast, and can double jump to get over obstacles and get away.

For soldier, you'd choose him to be an all-rounder, good damage for rebelling, good health for not rebelling.

For pyro, you'd choose him to fuck around or be a passive cuck or something.

For demoman, you'd choose him for his taunts or just chill.

For heavy, you'd choose him to goof off and have fun or be a godly tank.

For engineer, you'd choose him for his taunts or be goofy.

For medic, you'd choose him to assist in rebelling or team up in games/be an lr scrub.

For sniper, you'd choose him to get those headshots and be good support for rebelling.

For spy, you'd choose him to go for his backstabs and kill bad wardens.

The reasons i listed for each class are only one example, and are easily countered by certain classes and all have their flaws. I don't want to go too deep into explaining everything but i really just want scout's hops back. Its literally the only reason i would play scout. Now hes just washed up and complete trash.

Rebelling isn't the same anymore without it
You would go scout to be a god at sweeper, but you would go heavy or medic to be a god at minefield. So why only nerf scout?

Last edited:

Midnight

TF2 Admin
While the decision to remove double and triple jump was made by just 1 person, the reasons listed are somewhat true and somewhat false. A good scout only needs their speed boost to be able to rebel. I assume the main reason double and triple jumps were removed is that all the games favored scout. (certain parts of obby, death run, fall game, etc...) Also, you do not need double jumps to be a god at sweeper. Depending on the map you need to know how to jump or crouch jump and congrats you're a god at the game.
Everyone picks classes they like to play and listing goof off and taunts aren't really one of them. If you want double jumps (normal or with atomizer only) back, you need to make a better argument other than "being able to jump over shit" or "being a god at sweeper".
Good luck.

Dr. Insanity

You would go scout to be a god at sweeper
If you’re a god at a game then the game is no longer fun cause there is no challenge. The point of a game is to have a win and lose condition and if the chances of losing are so minuscule there is no point in even playing.

Also rebelling doesn’t require a double jump, good scouts can get by with their speed and small hitbox.

Ivy

TF2 Admin
I completely agree that scout should have double-jump returned, although I doubt it's going to change. Major decisions like this are being made without asking the community first, which is a problem imo.

There was no reason to change this, so why change it at all?

faris

There was a discussion about scout's double jump already, I suggest you to check it out. Double jumping is just a excuse to win death run, fall game, obby, etc extremely fast without death and passing traps easily (unless you don't know what you are doing). Even though I want his double jump back, I can't think of anything at the moment to convice yuki.Also, @Yuki what is the speed for heavy ? I feel like fat boy is a lot faster than snipers or pyros.

Bush-Dog

Also rebelling doesn’t require a double jump, good scouts can get by with their speed and small hitbox.
Heavy of all damn classes can rebel without those fancy jumps and speed.

Also, @Yuki what is the speed for heavy ? I feel like fat boy is a lot faster than snipers or pyros.
His speed is 300 hammer units (or 100%). It was mostly due to some minigames being almost impossible to do as heavy.

He's probably faster for you if you were backpedaling against one.

Mr. Burnham

Heavy of all damn classes can rebel without those fancy jumps and speed.

His speed is 300 hammer units (or 100%). It was mostly due to some minigames being almost impossible to do as heavy.

He's probably faster for you if you were backpedaling against one.
He can be faster than the scout when he is using GRU. Fatass run faster than a thin guy? wow.

Mr. Burnham

Mmm i can't remember what his exact speed was with the gru but i doubt it's above scouts.

Besides it's garbage now for really either team.
Scout's speed is 125%
Heavy's speed has been raised from 70% to 100%

GRU gives 30%+ speed, therefore he is 5% faster than the scoot.

Bush-Dog

Scout's speed is 125%
Heavy's speed has been raised from 70% to 100%

GRU gives 30%+ speed, therefore he is 5% faster than the scoot.
Tested the speeds recently

First things first, the vanilla speed for heavy and scout is 77% and 133%
In jb heavies speed is at 300 hammer units while scouts remains at it's vanilla 400 (used to be 380 but probably reverted).
Even with the GRU equipped he's still slower than the scout (by 10 hammer units) meaning he can't outrun him.

Don't rely on the percentages because they're as accurate as clothing sizes made in China.

Last edited:
It isn’t favoritism at all to anyone if they are in obby or something if they complain about scout favoritism they just can go scout and be contept with it.

Fresh n Fruity

TF2 Admin
Learn to play something that isn't scout, or just cope with not having the double jump; having the highest speed already allows you to make your getaways and easily go through mini games.

It was also unbalanced for just one of the nine classes (which is restricted to 5 gamers) to have an automatic advantage over everyone else simply for their class choice.

If you want double jumps (normal or with atomizer only) back, you need to make a better argument other than "being able to jump over shit" or "being a god at sweeper".
Good luck.
Im saying that scout's double jump (which is his class ability) is everything scout is in jailbreak. it's what makes him scout. It lets him be a good rebeller by dodging and manuevering over gaps

Genocider Syo

Learn to play something that isn't scout, or just cope with not having the double jump; having the highest speed already allows you to make your getaways and easily go through mini games.

It was also unbalanced for just one of the nine classes (which is restricted to 5 gamers) to have an automatic advantage over everyone else simply for their class choice.
Spy has a killing advantage.
He also has a stealth advantage with the Y.E.R

Heavy has an HP advantage.

Medic can self heal.
He also has a teamwork advantage as he will be mostly be rebelled with. He heals the other guy, other guy soaks up the damage.

At this point why not just make everybody Pyro.

Now I agree rebelling hasn't been the same without Scout's double jump mainly because you're taking away half of his mobility and double jump makes rebelling against classes like Heavy a bit easier. Now I do understand why it was nerfed because so many games favored Scout's double jump but we could have simply just have had a Warden command restricting Scout's double jump so it couldn't be used for minigames (If warden says so) and it can still be used to rebel.

P.S
Goofing off isn't really a good reason for a lot of these classes because Demoman can use stickys on RED but not on BLU.

Spy has a killing advantage.
He also has a stealth advantage with the Y.E.R

Heavy has an HP advantage.

Medic can self heal.
He also has a teamwork advantage as he will be mostly be rebelled with. He heals the other guy, other guy soaks up the damage.

At this point why not just make everybody Pyro.
*cough* pyro is particularly useless sometimes unless his ass is full of medics *cough*

Genocider Syo

*cough* pyro is particularly useless sometimes unless his ass is full of medics *cough*
Exactly. So why not make everybody him. Nobody has an advantage over the other and no advantages = good apparently *obvious sarcasm*

Genocider Syo

Some people like to rebel.
I'm sure Scouts would like too. But with their double/triple jump gone and with the lowest HP, The only thing going for them is speed. Something an enemy sniper doesn't give a shit for. Soldier will just rocket jump over and slap scout, a good spy can headshot him with the amby, etc.