jb_area51_v1 is coming along nicely (Update #2, map layout and mini-game line-up shown)

Area51Pic.JPG

I finished the cells, speedrun, armory, a couple secrets, and I'm currently working on a second floor/obby.
Could ya'll give me some tips on what to fix?

Update #1: K, so I finished jeopardy and re-textured the cells (thank you ivy and zero1763)
I'll most likely stop all work on mini-games and start thinking about the textures I actually want, not just for the cells but the entire map. I might not be done planning the layout for about 5 days, so just be ready for a December/January release date.

Update #2:
If you REALLY want to know where some specific mini-games/places are just ask me.)

Mini-Games Include:
1. Carousel (Sweeper but you ride the spinning plank)
2. Maze (Self-Explanatory)
3. Jeopardy (Self-Explanatory)
4. Speedrun (Self-Explanatory)
5. Deathrun (No RNG doors for you :D)
6. Bug Catching Removed due to blandness and difficulty making it.
7. Harder Splat (no i do not feel bad get gud)
8. The Pub (Kitchen)
9. Obby (Self-Explanatory)
10. Test Chamber (Aliens will try to find you, pick a room and see if you survive!) <---- basically my more fun version of 9-square
11. Crush Game (Alien Themed), (Self-Explanatory)
12. Pool (Self-Explanatory)
13. Stairway To Heaven (Self-Explanatory)
14. Theater (Self-Explanatory)
15. First Reaction, Last Reaction Room (You can still do it anywhere, but this room is the safest place to do it; so no reds are able to run off.)
16. Bear Trapz (A more "easy" version of minefield, but you die instantly if you touch a bear trap!)

And that's really all hf when it comes out.

Last edited:

Zero1763

Recognized Member
@Buns yike
I'm assuming this thread was made for some kind of discussion but I see no message of what to discuss so yikes!
What I will say is that the wall texture you've chosen is horrendous and I hope you don't intend to keep it

Dokon

@Buns yike
I'm assuming this thread was made for some kind of discussion but I see no message of what to discuss so yikes!
What I will say is that the wall texture you've chosen is horrendous and I hope you don't intend to keep it
nothing better but to constantly shit on peoples whatever on a dead site,proud of you.

I will take your feedback and change the textures.
Most of the map isn't like this, I just wanted to get a "we don't care about you prisoners" vibe. It was made to look bad on purpose.

Dokon

Most of the map isn't like this, I just wanted to get a "we don't care about you prisoners" vibe. It was made to look bad on purpose.
Respect,just add a secret room where we can clap alien cheeks as a rebel.

Ivy

Recognized Member
View attachment 5945

I finished the cells, speedrun, armory, a couple secrets, and I'm currently working on a second floor/obby.

Hot tip: Don't use Half life 2 textures in TF2. Models and cosmetics will clash completely and it'll end up looking like a bad CS port. Avoid texture repetition if you can, and think about the balancing of your layout (ie, How cramped will the main cells be? Will it be sniper controlled? etc).

Good luck though, JB needs maps anyway. Post more when you have more to show.

Zero1763

Recognized Member
nothing better but to constantly shit on peoples whatever on a dead site,proud of you.
The irony of this post with you shitting on me on what you classify as a dead site is giving me third degree burns. Also, fix the way you type before you pull out keyboard sword because it looks embarrassing!
1572295107877.png
cute, I also liked it when you falsely permabanned someone!
Thanks for replying with an actual response instead of taking up the example of the idiot who decided to make an ad hominem attack.
As for your "going with a we don't care about our prisoners" vibe, consider the fact that while it might seem like a good direction for you to go, not everyone is going to want to play on a map that looks like shit.

Dokon

The irony of this post with you shitting on me on what you classify as a dead site is giving me third degree burns. Also, fix the way you type before you pull out keyboard sword because it looks embarrassing!
View attachment 5946cute, I also liked it when you falsely permabanned someone!

Thanks for replying with an actual response instead of taking up the example of the idiot who decided to make an ad hominem attack.
As for your "going with a we don't care about our prisoners" vibe, consider the fact that while it might seem like a good direction for you to go, not everyone is going to want to play on a map that looks like shit.
Wth is a keyboard sword,your posts are so shitty I mainly reply on the toilet. Rah rah rah

Hot tip: Don't use Half life 2 textures in TF2. Models and cosmetics will clash completely and it'll end up looking like a bad CS port. Avoid texture repetition if you can, and think about the balancing of your layout (ie, How cramped will the main cells be? Will it be sniper controlled? etc).

Good luck though, JB needs maps anyway. Post more when you have more to show.

Alright, I will try to do that. Is there any way I can seperate the Tf2 textures and the HL2 textures?

Ivy

Recognized Member
Alright, I will try to do that. Is there any way I can seperate the Tf2 textures and the HL2 textures?

I mean, sure, but there isn't really a point to doing that - just use tf2's textures instead of ones that clash with the entire artstyle of the game.