jb_bricks

Denied

jb map maker
Recently I have been working on a jb map, which is a really shitty idea for your first real map. Thankfully, @EmNudge is a human being on this earth. Also extra thanks to @AwesomeAim for beta testing and helping out with suggestions.

jb_bricks is a temporary name although currently it fits because of the textures, the map currently consists of a main cell area, a medic, an arenapit, sweeper, 9 square(currently broken), diner(which doubles as a hg hiding spot for blus), pool, theatre, obby, stairway to heaven, and jeopardy. It also consists of 3 different ways to rebel, 1 of which can only be done by the engineer.

The armoury works a little differently on this map, blus spawn outside of the armoury and cannot get in until a red breaks. It's similar to chretien although there is no seperate spawn room for blues to be protected in before the match starts. The medic is also a little different since it's also been inspired by chretien's tiny medic stations in the outside area of the map. Although this map only has one and it replaces the medic room entirely, this was done with the intention to stop medi camping since health packs take a while to respawn.

The map is not very open which is something I wanna test before I'll feel the need to make the map bigger.

If you have any suggestions regarding content please specify so I can look into it.

Here are some screenshots:
XomGqrG.png

MDOQkCP.png

TCDkIRS.png

ZquWPZ2.png

WN6OIcx.png

C3Cd5Iu.png

z5q65RM.png

Last edited:

Zero1763

Recognized Member
put some secrets in if you haven't, the Easter egg hunt has to continue
It's looking nice so far

Denied

jb map maker
put some secrets in if you haven't, the Easter egg hunt has to continue
It's looking nice so far
I was planning to add a buns scream somewhere by putting him somewhere in the map, but he was too fat to fit.

SNC

Recognized Member
Better than most already, keep going.

Dixie Normas

Speaking of EE's, I would really love to see a HoPJB-ish way to get into the Armoury as REDs. You hit the BLU Sniper by the Delorean Storage, hit the Delorean, get in, go "back in time" in the map itself to find a way to get into the Armoury in the current time. I know it's a lot to think about adding in, but something like that would just "tickle my balls" - Negan

Denied

jb map maker
Speaking of EE's, I would really love to see a HoPJB-ish way to get into the Armoury as REDs. You hit the BLU Sniper by the Delorean Storage, hit the Delorean, get in, go "back in time" in the map itself to find a way to get into the Armoury in the current time. I know it's a lot to think about adding in, but something like that would just "tickle my balls" - Negan
There are enough ways to get into armoury rn, no point in adding more.

Denied

jb map maker
Keep in mind that the map is incredibly small, limiting the amount of rebelling options that we I can put in without making the map unbalanced.

Denied

jb map maker
Breakable walls pls. Something for pyro and spy. Ty
Pyro's and spies need no attention, they're completely functional classes in the jb ruleset. The engineer is built around his ability to build, which is restricted in jb. That's why I'm giving him extra attention.

If you haven't already noticed, spies can fuck up an entire team solo if they're good enough.

And pyro's airblast directly counters soldiers.

The Rare Bird Heavy

Recognized Member
The heath pack thing is a bad idea, if a freekiller comes on and attacks the reds on the Heath packs they will most likely be killed due to the heath packs having an long respawn time, also it will take a very long time to heal the whole red team.
A medic room is better choice all around the only bad thing to come out of it is camping in medic.

Denied

jb map maker
The heath pack thing is a bad idea, if a freekiller comes on and attacks the reds on the Heath packs they will most likely be killed due to the heath packs having an long respawn time, also it will take a very long time to heal the whole red team.
A medic room is better choice all around the only bad thing to come out of it is camping in medic.
Are you saying I should sacrifice gameplay elements because staff aren't online? Sorry but I'm not here to account for freekillers or rulebreakers. It's not my fault that servers with poor management exists.

♥RizaTiz♥

Recognized Member
Are you saying I should sacrifice gameplay elements because staff aren't online? Sorry but I'm not here to account for freekillers or rulebreakers. It's not my fault that servers with poor management exists.
Well. You COULD make a medic room that can only be opened by blus. Once closed it would kick out anybody still inside and place them directly infront of the door to medic. That's just a thought.

Versity

Recognized Member
True, alright.

Dr. Insanity

Recognized Member
The map looks really good, if I were to still play JailBreak I'd like to play on this map because it seems interesting.

Denied

jb map maker
Well. You COULD make a medic room that can only be opened by blus. Once closed it would kick out anybody still inside and place them directly infront of the door to medic. That's just a thought.
But medic is essential to rebellers.