jb_highcharity (W.I.P.)

Spicee

Hello, although i'm still fairly new to the hammer editor, I plan to make a JB map. It will be called jb_highcharity, i'm sure some of you will recognize the name if you have ever played halo 2 (Image below for color scheme and overall look). I plan to add as many mini games as I can, any tips for me will be appreciated. Posts on updates will be out while it's being made
1611970921530.png

Last edited:

Gary

Recognized Member
Tips to a good map:

Flood escape.
A working obby.
Jeopardy.
Possibly steady pace & speed run.
(what i see to be the most popular)

Don't make travel times too long between mini games and don't make every hallway too long / short. (One of the reasons famouz got removed I believe)

Make the secrets fair for both red and blues (don't make them so ridiculously easy to break like 8 bit but not useless like crossroads.)

Be creative and maybe even invent a mini game of your own.

Have an outside area as well as an inside as to not make it fair for rebellers.

Again I am no map designer but if you follow this frame work you might make the next hop jb.

Spicee

Tips to a good map:

Flood escape.
A working obby.
Jeopardy.
Possibly steady pace & speed run.
(what i see to be the most popular)

Don't make travel times too long between mini games and don't make every hallway too long / short. (One of the reasons famouz got removed I believe)

Make the secrets fair for both red and blues (don't make them so ridiculously easy to break like 8 bit but not useless like crossroads.)

Be creative and maybe even invent a mini game of your own.

Have an outside area as well as an inside as to not make it fair for rebellers.

Again I am no map designer but if you follow this frame work you might make the next hop jb.
I was planning for flood escape to be instead of water, the actual flood. If you dont know, the flood are basically space zombies in the games