trash?

• Trash.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • not really trash but kinda trash I don't really know I just like voting on polls.

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivy

Recognized Member
This is jb_snowdrift. It's set somewhere in uh, Canada.

I've been working on this for about a month, and I think it's finally ready to show off to the forums. As my first jailbreak map, I think it's good so far.

The current game list is: Tower (custom), Jeopardy, Deathrun, Fall Game, Crush Game, Disco, Sweeper, Lasers (custom) and Climb. I plan on adding obby, steadypace, and a few others.

If you have any suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to comment. I will consider everything thrown at me.

Screenshot (600).png
Screenshot (601).png
Screenshot (600).png
Screenshot (601).png
Screenshot (602).png
Screenshot (603).png
Screenshot (604).png
Screenshot (605).png
Screenshot (606).png
Screenshot (607).png
Screenshot (608).png
Screenshot (609).png
Screenshot (611).png
Screenshot (612).png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bd09comj9mg3itg/jb_snowdrift_a2.bsp
ignore the broken wall under the bridge, It's already been fixed.

I know about most of the bugs in that specific download. That is not the current version of the map. over time, Ill be editing and replying to this post with more updated downloads.

Please note that this map is still in very early development stages, not everything is perfect. Again, if you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This project has since been scrapped. It was my first jailbreak map, and I've learned quite abit from creating it. I'm sorry for anyone who wanted to see this implemented, but it just wasn't good enough. The download has been updated with the final version, and I will not be working on this anymore.

Last edited:

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Not really a jb player but... seems alright, I'd put in small nuisances and things that I nit pick about but it doesn't majorly affect the map design, perhaps have an option to turn off snow particles or not? That always seems to lag me but that's just because I have a bad computer ;~; Good job regardless <3

Reactions: Ivy

Ivy

Recognized Member
perhaps have an option to turn off snow particles or not? That always seems to lag me but that's just because I have a bad computer ;~; Good job regardless <3

thanks merpy.

I would do that for people that can't run maps with snow, but the thing is if I do it, you will not be able to re-enable it at all. I can also imagine this would turn into something similar to the gravity button on spacejail. The best I can do is to have the snow less heavy, as currently it's at 100%.

You never know, though. Maybe you'll be able to run the map, as it's heavily optimized for people with weaker PCs.

Wickednick

Recognized Member
This is jb_snowdrift. It's set somewhere in uh, Canada.
But Canada doesnt exist, its a lie made up by canadians to feel important
So where truly does the map take place? Or does it also not exist?

Cat

Recognized Member
I don't really have an opinion on the actual layout and minigames but I absolutely love the theme. It's probably my favorite one out of all the jb maps I've seen. If there's any spare space, maybe add a tic-tac-toe? It's not common on maps but I could imagine it's not that hard to put it (I could be wrong).

Also, for the one that's nine square or crush game (can't tell), I would suggest not having 3 brown blocks. That would be quite difficult for the Red's to figure out on a short notice. It sounds dumb but people mess up brown and orange on one of the maps (cannot recall which one) so I think it's safe to say this map would be the same.

Ivy

Recognized Member
I don't really have an opinion on the actual layout and minigames but I absolutely love the theme. It's probably my favorite one out of all the jb maps I've seen.

wow, thanks!

If there's any spare space, maybe add a tic-tac-toe? It's not common on maps but I could imagine it's not that hard to put it (I could be wrong).
You aren't wrong. a tic-tac-toe wouldn't be that hard to do, although I can't really see it being played too much as it would require just two players.
There is quite abit of space for minigames, though, so I'll consider it!

Also, for the one that's nine square or crush game (can't tell), I would suggest not having 3 brown blocks. That would be quite difficult for the Red's to figure out on a short notice. It sounds dumb but people mess up brown and orange on one of the maps (cannot recall which one) so I think it's safe to say this map would be the same.

that's nine square. I figured it wouldn't matter too much, as it doesn't really matter which square you go on in ninesquare, as the squares are randomly picked.

Crush game has more visible, brighter colours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat

EmNudge

allowed the sun back into the spy room
A lot of the concepts here are pretty nice. Regarding the design - remember that anything without a roof should be covered in snow. Maybe add space heaters or something in certain areas with melted snow - idk.

Also, for the signs glowing blue - is that just a blue sign with a blue light shining on it? If so, you can actually make textures glow themselves. It will add a lot more to the compile time, sure, but the glow effect may look nicer.

If you'd like, I can have a look see around the map and provide a bit more feedback than what you'll get from me looking at screenshots.

Ivy

Recognized Member
A lot of the concepts here are pretty nice. Regarding the design - remember that anything without a roof should be covered in snow. Maybe add space heaters or something in certain areas with melted snow - idk.
Thanks! good ideas, but I cant seem to get snow overlays working. I wanted to do something like that but I think have to make a blend texture for it, which I have no clue how to do.

Also, for the signs glowing blue - is that just a blue sign with a blue light shining on it? If so, you can actually make textures glow themselves. It will add a lot more to the compile time, sure, but the glow effect may look nicer.

Currently, i'm just putting a bunch of blue lights over letters. It's a really inconvenient way to making glowing letters, as it increases the entity amount like you wouldn't believe. As far as I know, the only way to make a texture glow is to find the colour you want, make it into a custom texture, and then edit the vtf file to make it glow - I'm probably wrong, though, as i'm abit new to this custom texture thing.

If you'd like, I can have a look see around the map and provide a bit more feedback than what you'll get from me looking at screenshots.

Sure thing. just PM me on steam/discord.

Sig1911

I actually really like it
just like denied's map tho, its a bit untextured. Maybe throw some street lights, or snow/ice hanging off the walls, even maybe a log or two here and there would like good. Other than that, I truly like it.

Ivy

Recognized Member
I actually really like it
just like denied's map tho, its a bit untextured. Maybe throw some street lights, or snow/ice hanging off the walls, even maybe a log or two here and there would like good. Other than that, I truly like it.
actually its textured, you're just looking for extra detail. I think i'll add some extra details & props eventually, but for now I feel I don't need those things. Id rather finish all the minigames, first.

EmNudge

allowed the sun back into the spy room
Currently, i'm just putting a bunch of blue lights over letters. It's a really inconvenient way to making glowing letters, as it increases the entity amount like you wouldn't believe. As far as I know, the only way to make a texture glow is to find the colour you want, make it into a custom texture, and then edit the vtf file to make it glow - I'm probably wrong, though, as i'm abit new to this custom texture thing.
things may have gotten outdated but here are 2 links:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Glowing_Textures

I usually use valve's glowing white textures for LED lights. Pretty useful stuff

superjo98

Those screen shots look really good, I hope this map gets added because the current map rotation is getting a bit stale. You should tell me all the rebelling secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.