Make a player minimum count for vs sentry?

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
I've seen people do it with 2 people and thats just impossible without a spy to sap, and even if theres a spy they usually say spys no sapping. Maybe a player count of 5+ ?

Crassus

While it is possible to do it with 2 or less people, i do suggest making a minimum of 5 or more, because generally most people aren't good enough where they can jump ontop of the sentry and spin it.

And yes i do agree there should be a minimum player limit.

Zero1763

Recognized Member
Why is it that most threads today are people being bad about videogames

Bush-Dog

Recognized Member
jump ontop of the sentry and spin it.
There is literally no reason to do that, it makes it more risky than rewarding.

Just run around it if it's closeby or attack it from the side when it's not facing you.
But that would require a high IQ to figure that out.

Nuclear Nun

There is literally no reason to do that, it makes it more risky than rewarding.

Just run around it if it's closeby or attack it from the side when it's not facing you.
But that would require a high IQ to figure that out.
I just can't take you seriously while you have that profile picture

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
If it’s pixels your video bitrate is probably too low
Put it to like 5000 with a good pc and it’s fine

Zero1763

Recognized Member
Ignore the quality. If you are a scout on Vs Sentry and last one alive, youre fucked
I don't think non medics or non cozy camper snipers or non soldiers with a conch would survive from how the sentry donkey dicked you in damage.
1st attempt(as medic): 16+38+16+17+54+38=179(rip if you were default: scout, spy who couldn't sap, sniper, or engineer)
2nd attempt(also as medic[sad!]): 108+57=165(rip if you were default: scout, who couldn't sap, sniper or engineer)

sapphire

Recognized Member
Well, this was tested on a regular server (just loaded in bots) with regular class speed, health, and other stuff. Since scout speed is high, he should be able to hit and hide without getting hit when the sentry is facing the other way. For albany, the first sentry is almost impossible to pass without getting hit by the sentry (maybe around 70~100 hp lost or just get completely destroyed). If a scout were to be the last one alive on albany and the first sentry is still there not damaged, he is most likely to die.

Last edited:

JackTheRipper

Recognized Member
I've done vs sentry with every class, solo. Its hard, yes. but its possible as long as you have reasonable time to do it. The lower health of the class, the more time you need to do it because of how careful you need to be.

As a rule of don't-be-a-dick-we're-all-trying-to-have-fun-here, don't do the minigame with less than 3 reds.