Mann Vs. Machine: Chaos

XKirby

Recognized Member
Mann Vs. Machine: Chaos is what MVM should be, in my eyes. A crazy, customizable mess of powers, robots, explosions, and lag.​

WHAT IS MVM:Chaos, you ask? Take what we have for Mann Vs. Machine, grab SourceMod, and make customizable upgrades. If your eyes haven't widened yet, they WILL once you understand what this means.

No longer do you need to hold back: Did you want a Soldier Bot that fires constant crockets at 800% damage, moves at Scout speed, is immune to fire, AND HAS 850,000 HEALTH? This would normally be impossible. NOW IT ISN'T. Okay, it could still be, but who gives a shit.

Can't upgrade far enough? BREAK IT: You can customize the upgrades given to every Player Class AND Weapon Class. Each Upgrade has an attribute, cost, maximum potential, and starting point, as well as whether or not it's a "Weapon", "Player", of "Custom" upgrade.

Did you just say Cust-: You don't even need to finish that question. If you know SourceMod, you can program NEW upgrades. It uses a specific set of commands I wrote for it to work though, so there are some minor limitations, such as each Plugin written is a single named upgrade type.

What's the Catch?: Now we're getting somewhere. First off, the normal MVM shop is disabled in favor of one you can open at any time with a SourceMod command. This is to prevent glitches between both menus. Another catch is, whenever you lose a wave, you lose ALL of your upgrades. Don't fret, however, as there's a Reset Command that'll give you a clean slate to work with, meaning all of your money refunded and all upgrades erased.

Extra Details:

• BIND "0" to "slot10", otherwise you'll be stuck in the menus.
  • The plugin isn't only for MVM. It's called "Universal Upgrades" for a reason, though I've only balanced it for a somewhat private MVM mission.
  • The plugins are for private SG-Gaming use for now. The "public" version of Universal Upgrades is broken. I apologize for this and will probably re-release the plugins later.
  • Customizing Upgrades can take a while, and have quite a few different settings to be aware of. I'll post details on the file format if I release the plugins to the public.
As of the time of this post, the plugins have been confirmed working with the latest version of TF2. If they break down the line, I may or may not fix them.

Have any questions? Post them here.​

SG l MagicalBurger

Recognized Member
I helped kirby with the server :D

Kris18

Recognized Member
Having played with this plugin, tested it, and watched it develop from the start, I can say this is one of the best plugins I've ever seen. It's named "Chaos MVM" for a reason (actually, I came up with that lame name, but it's true.) Everything is insane, everything is wicked powerful, and this allows the most insane fights against bots.

Only downside is you need to make new missions yourself to take advantage of Chaos MvM or you'll roll through the existing ones Valve instituted. But X has one or two complete ones right now made for a custom map we have.

XKirby

Recognized Member
Thanks to some constructive criticism, I managed to make it so your stats and money save properly between waves, as well as fixing up menus to display correct numbers. Now the plugin runs somewhat similar to normal MVM!

Besides those bug fixes, I will eventually need to fix all of those custom ability plugins to stop giving some minor errors. It's not too big of a deal except that the error log fills up pretty fast. I'll get to in eventually.

EDIT: I think as it stands right now, besides my code being GOD AWFUL, the plugin functions perfectly! This means I can probably release it to the public at some point, though I'm not sure when or IF that would be a good idea.