New Map Suggestion - jail_anthology_b2_tf2jail

Would you like to see this map added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivy

TF2 Admin
Originally made for CSS, then ported to TF2 by House of Pain, jail_anthology is a relatively unheard of map for TF2 jailbreak. It's small, it has a wide variety of new and unique minigames, and personally, it gives me major Snowday vibes. I may just refurnish this map after Casuarina, but I would love to see it on the server to see how the community likes it now, compared to when it was on the server, in 2017 & 2015. I can't find an official download anywhere, but I do have the bsp, and screenshots below.

Obviously this map isn't.. fantastic, but I would really love to have something mix up the map pool, as it's pretty repetitive nowadays - what could go wrong?

The download is here.

1565649157934.png 1565649189753.png 1565649212281.png 1565649238570.png 1565649259031.png

Ivy

TF2 Admin
Didn't we have that in the map rotation before?
Yes, we did! As stated:
I may just refurnish this map after Casuarina, but I would love to see it on the server to see how the community likes it now, compared to when it was on the server, in 2017 & 2015. I can't find an official download anywhere, but I do have the bsp, and screenshots below.
It was removed, as I remember, back in 2017. I do have hope for it though!

faris

TF2 Admin
Yes, we did! As stated:

It was removed, as I remember, back in 2017. I do have hope for it though!
Oh shoot, maybe I should read more closely next time. Would love to see it back though, playing connect 4

My favourite part is that you can vote for both options. Anyways, do it. We need more maps.:mad:

However, I will say, that doesn't look like a map that'd play well with 32 players. But maybe that's just me misreading the screenshots.

Buns

Ah yes the ammo in cells map

Zero1763

The map is garbage in its current state with the only games being tic tac toe, deathrun, sweeper, connect 4, theatre and some game that looks like race but could be seen as obby. It's also really easy to get into armory. If it ever was on rotation I could see why it was taken off, not good.

Although I would love to see more maps like this being added to SG jailbreak I found out this map is pretty flawed when I play tested it about a week ago on my very own server. The biggest issue I have with this map is the small ammo kit that spawns in one of the top cells, allowing for a single red (especially a sniper) to kill the entire blue team using the other reds as meat shields. Armoury can be easily be broken into from a breakable inside of metal cage beside medic, the breakable breaks in one melee hit and instead of reds needing to slowly crawl into armoury through the vents it automatically teleport reds to the other side. Another way for reds to get inside of armoury is from the top either by jumping onto the boxes beside armoury or an explosive jump from the ullapool caber to easily get inside.

There is also another feature of the map I wish never existed which is the teleporter beside armoury that can teleport reds randomly to one of 6 different locations on the map being beside the pool, clipped inside of the ceiling inside of theater, next to that weird water box inside of armoury, on top of the rocks next to sweeper with a small ammo kit, and two of them that teleport into the games area one being next to soccer and the other above connect four. The last issue I have with this map is the lack of minigames as there is only 8 of them on this map with the minigames rock paper scissors and connect four are intended for 2 players and sweeper is broken because it does not kill players when they are hit by the bar or when they fall in the water when the minigame is active. Even if I have issues with the map there are still some good qualities to this map being a cool death run, obstacle course is pretty fun as only one red is allowed to live making for intense races, theater/pool look amazing, and connect four is pretty fun.

But with all that being said I would only see this map being added if it would be substantially overhauled and the issues that I pointed out would be fixed as right now it would be a nightmare if played in its current state.

(p.s. Theater music does not work so that would have to be fixed and there is a weird admin room outside of the map near the beach area)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.