Me Vs. The English Language

Delfite

Did you know that the English language is officially the hardest language to learn?
I mean we have so many complex and hard-to-comprehend words (this is why comprehensive reading exists).
I mean take FAGOT for example. People say it like it's a bad thing. I mean why would people think a PILE OF STICKS is bad? Why call people fagots? Are they brown and sticky like a stick? Or are they just making a joke? My point is the most gay thing in this world is happiness. The feeling of joy has been and will always be considered GAY. Thank you for your time, I'm here rarely folks.

Edit: Fixed spelling on the word "Faggot" to "Fagot," EVERYONE HAS BEEN SPELLING IT WRONG REEEEEE

Last edited:

Dokon

Thank you for this post...
giphy (2).gif

Last edited:

fishska

I mean learning any language from the start is somewhat considered a challenge to some people.

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
Did you know that the English language is officially the hardest language to learn?
Its actually not, 1st Icelandic, then German

Delfite

Being illiterate must suck, surprised you were able to type this out
I am not illiterate but I appreciate your concern, if anything I'm a fluent English speaker and have been my whole life. Otherwise I'd probably be speaking German or Spanish Idfk but from what my parents told me (at least my dad did anyways...) was that the English language was the hardest one to learn because of how many words we have and the weird-ass pronunciations of those words like zoinks scoob

Zero1763

Recognized Member
I am not illiterate but I appreciate your concern, if anything I'm a fluent English speaker and have been my whole life. Otherwise I'd probably be speaking German or Spanish Idfk but from what my parents told me (at least my dad did anyways...) was that the English language was the hardest one to learn because of how many words we have and the weird-ass pronunciations of those words like zoinks scoob
Go tell your parents to look at the informal chicken scratch that is called Mandarin and ask them if they still think English is the hardest language

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
Where did you get this fact from because you are most definitely wrong
last I knew Icelandic and German were one of the hardest languages to learn

Ivy

Recognized Member
Mandarin and arabic still. The fact that you think German is hard astounds me.

^ this, the two languages you listed are Germanic based at the very least, and not nearly as hard as attempting something mandarin based or especially something Arabic based, Cyrillic based, etc. - although you could really argue that it depends on what your first language was, and how learning is generally person to person.

last I knew Icelandic and German were one of the hardest languages to learn

For Icelandic specifically, apparently it's harder to learn for English speakers, specifically harder than other languages similar like swedish/norwegian/danish/etc - mainly because of word pronunciation, the fact that there are no latin based words at all, or that the grammar is drastically different than other Germanic languages, but again, like I said, person to person, language to language.

Last edited: