Mod Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recognized Member
@1769, if you want me to kill the idea so badly

It would be impossible to trigger such commands on clients. Valve has heavily restricted servers' ability to execute commands on player's clients as it was heavily abused in GoldSrc (HL1). Let's not even get started on getting clients to upload a file to a remote server.

More or less the same as above

Basically, !calladmin is neat, but it doesn't come with proof and we can't act without proof.

Ok thank you for the explanation. What do you think is the best alternative?

Nachös

Recognized Member
The most efficient way to make sure that only the loyal mods are on, is to demote all staff to member, then have them re-apply to see if the community wants them back. If they were a gud admoon they would be wanted back, if they were absolutely hated down with the deepest of darkness, then they stay member. This will open spots for more liked players to become mods. This should be taken into consideration at least on the lightest levels.
there one huge problem with these. There are plenty of admins that are liked and there are plenty that are disliked. It doesn't matter whether to like them or not it matters if they are doing what they are there for. If they only become mod or admin for the powers and don't give a crap about this community then they can lose their powers but people who truly want to help this community should stay and continue going through the ranks. We've had plenty of mods who are only "actively moderating" when admins or higher are there and that why some are still moderators now or other reasons. I think we are fine at the moment and the prob mod is a fucking amazing idea. It shows us whether they want to learn and help or just wanna fuck around.

Reactions: Cat

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
How do you know that the pure mods aren't messing around when they became a mod b4 the prob mod idea? There was a mod that didn't come on for a month because they "didn't feel like it". Welcome to the way I see things. But I agree, the prob mod idea is great.

Recognized Member
How do you know that the pure mods aren't messing around when they became a mod b4 the prob mod idea? There was a mod that didn't come on for a month because they "didn't feel like it". Welcome to the way I see things. But I agree, the prob mod idea is great.

We would know if people used the complain form.

And as far as Prob Mod goes, it has it's benefits but it's highly risky to give just anyone powers before they know how to use them.

CrossaintBandit

Recognized Member
With a record like that probably not but asu may accept it if he feels like it. I'm not in charge just clearing up why you were perma guard banned and your previous record

Edit: one of the mass freekilled was when SB was down and powers were all messed up; I was the one who GB'd him if you need more info about it in depth
Is it possible though?

Last edited:

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Bans are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There is no straight answer to this.

Keywest

Recognized Member
3 denied LR's and one (supposed) mass freekill
Its not just that, its the fact that you have been playing JB for awhile, and you we given warnings about your mistakes. Yet some how you managed not to learn from other blues or from your mistakes, and you just made them again, and again.

On the matter at hand, I don't believe a guard ban will effect your chances for MOD, but how can you be a good MOD if you can't be a good blue?

Reactions: Cat

Ibram

Recognized Member
As long as he wasn't server-wide banned, then I don't think it would affect his standing by a majority, just make sure you read the rules to enforce.

Chinominican

Recognized Member
if he broke any rules during the time when sourcebans was down, he shouldn't get mod, that day was the shittiest day of being an admin and I'm pretty sure I banned plenty of people that day, and none of them got second chances, I'm surprised atlas isn't permabanned after all the shit that he did.

Nachös

Recognized Member
As long as he wasn't server-wide banned, then I don't think it would affect his standing by a majority, just make sure you read the rules to enforce.
Even guard bans can effect your chances. If you have been perma-guardbanned that means you broke many rules either at once or many times showing that if you cant follow rules, if you cant follow rules then how can you enforce them

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
Does talking shit make you feel good Chino? It must because that's all you have to say to me. Also, I changed, I read the rules every day in case of changes so when I call an admin, I know it was a rule that was broken.

SGl Atlas

Recognized Member
I know, but he said,"I'm surprised atlas isn't permabanned for all the shit that he has done." Well if anyone has a problem, would you kindly start talking nicer?

Ibram

Recognized Member
Technically he's entitled to that opinion because you lived up to his statement.
I'm surprised atlas isn't permabanned after all the shit that he did.
Uh, no. Chino shouldn't be allowed to disrespect a member of SG just because he feels it's true. Respect is osmething even you retired Senior Admins and long-time SG members need to have. You need approach a situation considering the consequence and responses that might come. Chino or any other member as a matter of fact, can speak to someone else like that. So no @Highrize420 he isn't allowed to say because there is a chance that it could be true. Albeit the way Atlas responded wasn't the best, I would of got worked up the same way.
Anyway, in theory we have derailed this thread enough.
If Teddy were here we would all be forum banned by now with the amount of warning points.
Sorry @Javert just had to get that out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.