New ff plugin

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
hey guys, so recently me and some other admins(includes Billy) have had a lot of problems with people turning on ff. However in the event that i was not watching the ff room, i could not ban or kick the person who did it and i warn everyone and yet some people continuously do it. So i am suggesting maybe a plugin that tells everyone who turned on ff making the admins job of determining who turned on ff easier and causing less disturbance in both the red team and the blues. Thank you for considering this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katze

Recognized Member
I agree with this completely. FF is pretty much a game breaking system, and I understand it is part of the minigames. However, I'd prefer if FF was disabled to players completely. Too many times I've seen:
"Hurr I'm last blu, lemme turn on FF"
*red all kills each other because they're idiots*
"Hurr I'm rebel red lemme hit button cuz not allowed"
*red all kills each other because they're idiots*

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
Well im not sure about turning it off completely, it can eliminate reds to one player and boy is it fun to watch them murder their own kind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Katze

Recognized Member
trollmastr said:
Well im not sure about turning it off completely, it can eliminate reds to one player and boy is it fun to watch them murder their own kind

It's not fun trying to convince the one idiot chasing me to the ends of the earth that we're on the same team and should find a blu to attack...

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
PhilbobTheSailor said:
trollmastr said:

It's not fun trying to convince the one idiot chasing me to the ends of the earth that we're on the same team and should find a blu to attack...

I meant in the arena

Katze

Recognized Member
trollmastr said:
PhilbobTheSailor said:
trollmastr said:

I meant in the arena

Oh. Yea that's pretty fun for blu. :p

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
FF in the warden menu shouldn't be accessible as defined in cvars. Although the plugin has it's quirks.

As for the map button, it's not possible unless we decide edit the map or use a plugin to nullify the entity.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
The problem with editing the maps or files to remove friendly fire is that it removes a perfectly good mini-game. Honestly we just need to keep better track of who hits the button. If its a rebel red it should be fairly easy to single out. Blus on the other hand are required to stay as a group anyhow, so once again even if we can't single one specific person, anyone not with the group AND not hunting rebels is breaking the rules anyhow.

MLGNRG

Recognized Member
Maybe when the cvar changes in chat also list the person who turned it on, if this is possible it would be a great help to admins