New map, public testing phase n' shit.

Denied

jb map maker
New map based on Quake 1(not the entire quake franchise).

Kindly try the map yourself and tell me what could be added. If nothing is statedm I will add very little besides optimizing, and just release the map as is. The map is still rough in some places, but it's definitely playable.

1531264418572.png

1531264522508.png

1531264535394.png

1531264574586.png

1531264593479.png

1531264614439.png

The maps contains:
Fallgame
Ninesquare
Boxgame
Climb
Obby
Steadypace
Speedrun
Sweeper
Theatre
Diner
A few unique and interesting rebelspots
Some dude's head

Enjoy!

Attachments

• jb_quake.bsp
    30.2 MB · Views: 349
Some flaws i found:
Can't stop sweeper(just me?)
Fall game way too slow(breaking blocks takes too long so no one will die(2s)(a full 2:51 from start to finish)
Can easily jump over the invisible floor part in obby
butchery feels cluttered behind the counter
label pool?
climb needs to be more harsh on the hp penalty
Ladders in cells are not that obvious
open area with the head couldve been used for soccer or something else?

n_n

Recognized Member
Also Kudos to you for contributing so much to the community in ways few people can. Complex ended up being a pretty good map. Looking forward to this one too when it's finished.

Denied

jb map maker
Releasing a quick hotfix for most of the issues I could find with the map. If you have any last minute demands kindly state them.

Nuclear Nun

-Unable to stop sweeper
-Other rotating pillars other than sweeper will not spin
-Invisible wall on the first part of obby that people may get stuck on
-Invisible floor part of obby is to easy, when they make a mistake they can easily swim out
-Climb too easy as the health penalty is too small
-Maybe put some ramps in theater because it's annoying to repeatedly jump over them, which can promote attacking guards once on a stand
-DON'T GO IN THE WATER
My Eyes!.gif

Denied

jb map maker
New download:

(If you downloaded this before seeing this message, then you're playing one without the necessary files packed, thus resorting in missing textures)

Attachments

• jb_quake.bsp
    30.2 MB · Views: 354
Last edited:

Okami

PROBLEMS THAT I FOUND OR WAYS TO SPEEDRUN THAT CAN BE FIXED!!

- CLIMB : Once you get to the last platform that descends, you can simply jump to the second pillar that you reach on the "top" of it, and you can get there faster in the end.
When you are in the cage, to open you press the red and not the blue/green one.
- OBBY : In the invisible part, you can just walk straight and jump passing way more faster than normal.
When you jump in the strafe part, you get under the floor.
When you get in the spinning bar, you can jump in the first podium and jump in the bar, going so much faster to the finish.
- 9SQUARE : The game only stop if you press the button.
- FALLGAME : Same thing of 9square, only stop if you press the button.
Like sushi said, the blocks are too slow and let the game more easier to complete.
- STEADYPEACE : The last platform is nothing.
- THEATRE : Should have one stair or ramp, so we dont need to jump when we leave the game.
Theatre is too small, should be bigger and have doors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Burnham

Recognized Member
New map based on Quake 1(not the entire quake franchise).

Kindly try the map yourself and tell me what could be added. If nothing is statedm I will add very little besides optimizing, and just release the map as is. The map is still rough in some places, but it's definitely playable.

The maps contains:
Fallgame
Ninesquare
Boxgame
Climb
Obby
Steadypace
Speedrun
Sweeper
Theatre
Diner
A few unique and interesting rebelspots
Some dude's head

Enjoy!

Some dudes head, oh I see.

Denied

jb map maker
can anyone else move the soccer ball?
Soccerballs only move on the server, you can try this with any other map for the same result.

Also there was a small issue with the latest release, as a result of trying to fix the fallgame and nine square so they stop at 1 square/box remaining I messed up a little bit so you should notice some issues with it right now. Both will be fixed with the new release.

Last edited:

Denied

jb map maker

Because a quake remake is too much of a project to take on as of right now and since I have "writers block" when it comes to simpler. I'm currently looking into touching up quake so it's less shit. I'll be eliminating a lot of issues and if you have any particular ones I suggest you share them now before it's too late. Here's my current todo list:

*Expand/extend walls
*Replace most doors with large entryways
*Make every area feel unique
*Increase invis length
*Fix sweeper issues
*Fix deathrun door
*Include a some kind of map
*Optimize optimize optimize

I'll be checking these off as I do them. Suggest fixes while you can.

Last edited: